Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New personality kind of looks wierd

elven.were_wolf
elven.were_wolf
✭✭✭✭
Is it just me? Or is the new assassin personality with the dagger now removed look weird?
They could have at least updated the running animation instead of running with something invisible in your hand.
And now that the dagger doesn't appear on the hip it also looks weird when walking.

I just wish the left it how it is :neutral:
Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My bald orc looks gay, yes
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. It was annoying with the dagger before, but without the dagger and with the same animations, it is even worse.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's too rigid and posed as opposed to a more leaned back relaxed look .

Looks like the Poser prison Stance from 1990 .

NGt4puY.jpg

A more natural at the ready pose for an experienced looking fighter is something like this

Q8pAFMx.jpg

I hate trying to find examples but it's hard to convey to animators any other way what people are seeing wrong ...
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on June 3, 2016 4:08AM
    Options
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminded me of Dracula with a cape pulled in front of him as he walks forward..but the cape is invisible lol.

"One! One silly personality ah ah ah"

Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't like it,waste of time making "poses"
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    don't like it,waste of time making "poses"

Don't interfere with my RP !

bruceleepunch.gif

lol
    Options
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very camp posing, had to take it off. The running looks very akward too.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it just me? Or is the new assassin personality with the dagger now removed look weird?
    They could have at least updated the running animation instead of running with something invisible in your hand.
    And now that the dagger doesn't appear on the hip it also looks weird when walking.

Mine has the dagger.When I change costumes I have to unequip it and re-add it or the dagger goes away though.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's too rigid and posed as opposed to a more leaned back relaxed look .

Looks like the Poser prison Stance from 1990 .

NGt4puY.jpg

A more natural at the ready pose for an experienced looking fighter is something like this

Q8pAFMx.jpg

I hate trying to find examples but it's hard to convey to animators any other way what people are seeing wrong ...

Actually,it is supposed to look like an arrogant person.It says that in the description.
    :)
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely agree that without the dagger the personality looks odd. They still look like they are holding something the way the hand is.. and it just kinda of looks like they really don't know how to run efficiently... lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I absolutely agree that without the dagger the personality looks odd. They still look like they are holding something the way the hand is.. and it just kinda of looks like they really don't know how to run efficiently... lol

Right about the running.The dagger is supposed to stay in their hands as they run.Hence the odd position.
    Options
  • ShadowRukia
    ShadowRukia
    ✭✭
    I like it. but the running I do like the pose but the dagger or even a sword in the hand would be good
    Options
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭

and when character run with this personality he looks like have scolliosis
    @Anethum from .ua
    Options
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never gave it much of a chance. I tried it for about 30 seconds and it was so corny I disabled it. It sort of looked like a kid might look if they were trying to act tough.

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
    Options
  • Dark_Dread
    Dark_Dread
    ✭✭
    I think a good fix to the animation would be to put the dagger twirling animation as an "Idle" animation selection, much like the "eat apple" or lean emotes. That way the stance is not as intrusive with the dagger animation going off too much.
    "Any man can overcome adversity. To truly test a man, give him power."(Thornwolf, Rowan Redwolf~AD)
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also,if you watch closely,your character will take the dagger in their right hand,and look over their shoulder at you,then the dagger and then sheath it again.
    Options
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB sexy pose.
    Options
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #bring the dagger back
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    Options
  • Foehammer_76
    Foehammer_76
    Soul Shriven
    To me it looks like the character is getting ready for a gunfight showdown, arm and hand all relaxed ready for some quickdraw gunslinging action.
    Options