Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

A lesson in Silence

poochie
poochie
✭✭✭
Is this tier 1 boss suppose to be cheap? 6 tries to beat her. I play range not melee ok so there is not much to hide behind and venom arrow or magnum shot do not work to stun her.
  • seventh_pawnb16_ESO
    Not only is this a little much to take care of ranged, but it is also bugged in that if you fail to kill the Sermonizer and have to go back, the mage and the warrior respawn beside the Sermonizer, and you can't agro them solo any more. Shooting one will bring all 3 at you and that is pretty much a death sentence. I have tried logging to see if I can reset the instance, leaving the instance and going back in after logging, and will have to try to kill the quest and redo it from scratch to see if I can't get them unbugged. Not good though that you have a simple boss type that can't be taken out without getting blown up a dozen times.
  • seventh_pawnb16_ESO
    Nope. Restarting the mission makes it worse by far. Now 1/3 of the room agros at the same time. Dealing with super electro person, a mages, and heavies all whacking at you at the same time is a bit much. Way to go devs. Love the quest.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

That's the abridged version, if you want the full thing here's an unedited clip from stream, complete with sarcastic commentary.

Edited by HeroOfNone on June 3, 2016 7:13PM
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • seventh_pawnb16_ESO
    Error in playback. Would have been nice to see what they did.

So after getting slaughtered so many times in there, I have figured out what happens. If anything goes wrong in there, like for instance your fat fingers press the wrong thing and suddenly you have a million windows open all over the place, you die and have to go back in obviously. But now that you had to go back in, everything in the room will agro at once instead of in waves like its supposed to. The wave that you were fighting completely respawns all its members, and now you are toast and have to do it all over again by leaving, logging out, and coming back in to start that phase of the mission over. When you start over, things will come out in waves once again.

The added problem is how powerful the Sermonizer is. One instance I had killed her two goombas with her trying to fry me at the same time. I didn't have much stamina left, but had healed to full. Didn't matter though. Her running at me to hit me, along with the type of battlefield red circles of doom that spawn all over and move like squirrels on speed that you might expect off of a big dungeon boss fight, means that I went again from full to zero life in the time it took me to do about 1/4 of her health (Roughly 20 seconds I think, might have been 15. Lost count after getting pwnd so many times). Go back in, and her goombas are back, and can't be taken care of individually or even as a set of two.

So this is the second brotherhood storyline mission. This is a rather insane fight for a second fight in a storyline. Maybe the final fight in the final storyline quest, as an epic conclusion to the storyline, but the second? Come on. Even if the bug gets fixed, the fact that an average dude using an average everyday character gets slaughtered so insanely fast, means that there is a problem beyond the mass agro bug going on. I am glad for those that can complete this and continue on. I would submit a ticket, but the last time I asked Zen for help they told me it was all in my head and there were no problems. Just frustrates me to no end that some dev thinks that this is normal gameplay.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Error in playback. Would have been nice to see what they did.

Sorry about that, forum is a little touchy with my url formatting, try again
    So after getting slaughtered so many times in there, I have figured out what happens. If anything goes wrong in there, like for instance your fat fingers press the wrong thing and suddenly you have a million windows open all over the place, you die and have to go back in obviously. But now that you had to go back in, everything in the room will agro at once instead of in waves like its supposed to. The wave that you were fighting completely respawns all its members, and now you are toast and have to do it all over again by leaving, logging out, and coming back in to start that phase of the mission over. When you start over, things will come out in waves once again.

The added problem is how powerful the Sermonizer is. One instance I had killed her two goombas with her trying to fry me at the same time. I didn't have much stamina left, but had healed to full. Didn't matter though. Her running at me to hit me, along with the type of battlefield red circles of doom that spawn all over and move like squirrels on speed that you might expect off of a big dungeon boss fight, means that I went again from full to zero life in the time it took me to do about 1/4 of her health (Roughly 20 seconds I think, might have been 15. Lost count after getting pwnd so many times). Go back in, and her goombas are back, and can't be taken care of individually or even as a set of two.

So this is the second brotherhood storyline mission. This is a rather insane fight for a second fight in a storyline. Maybe the final fight in the final storyline quest, as an epic conclusion to the storyline, but the second? Come on. Even if the bug gets fixed, the fact that an average dude using an average everyday character gets slaughtered so insanely fast, means that there is a problem beyond the mass agro bug going on. I am glad for those that can complete this and continue on. I would submit a ticket, but the last time I asked Zen for help they told me it was all in my head and there were no problems. Just frustrates me to no end that some dev thinks that this is normal gameplay.

Looking at it it seems you rushed right into the fray. I just pulled back the first few sets of mobs. Then the next 2, then the next. They didn't need to all aggro at one time.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • seventh_pawnb16_ESO
    That's what I did. But if anything goes wrong and you die for what ever reason, the room will agro and they wont come in twos again until apparently you drop and come back in, or restart the quest. The guys don't come in twos any more. It's one giant bloody hero explosion. lol
  • seventh_pawnb16_ESO
    Okay quick question, does anyone know if you can group up to get help with this. I think there is a way to stop the game from sending all the bad guys after you, but even alone, apparently I have all the mitigation of a wet paper bag, so the electricity spam kills me in about 10 to 15 seconds. Don't know if anyone has grouped for this or if this is a solo mission period?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @seventh_pawnb16_ESO I don't think it's only a solo quest. You will be able to tell by looking at the quest entry in the journal, or in the loading screen leading to the fight (if there is one). The only forced-Solo parts are the ones that have the Solo Instance icon 20px-ON-icon-quest-solo.png
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Briolase
    Briolase
    ✭✭✭

So much this. This is crazy for the second fight in the storyline. I'm stalled unless I can find help with this one. Very frustrating.

• KimberlyannKitsuragi
    This fight is why I'm taking a break. I really hope it gets fixed soon. I did it twice successfully on other toons solo before
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • Evangelon
    Evangelon
    I'm having trouble with this one as well.

CP 127 Kajit nightblade , dual dagger setup.

admittedly my armour could be a bit better but its not like I'm wearing tissue paper...

run 1: bow to aggro centre , then right then left. (finish each with blades). easy. middle...wiped.

run 2: lets try just aggro teh battlemage and lure him out...all three, wiped

run 3: its supposed to be sneaky, I'm an assassain after all! . ok, sneak round behind. drop down, oops, dead. (after a bit of a fight, took out the minions but the sermonizer easily wiped me)

run 4: right, bow and run away..... nope. minions cause a stumble and i'm in melee range again.

I get hard fights.

I get that I'm not a serious player in terms of maximising stats/DPS but I do enough.

I get that its good to be defeated every now and then, it keeps the game interesting and challenging.

what I dont get is why a whole DLC based on sneaky type killing requires toe-to-toe mega-damage to take out an assassination target. Should there not be some sneakier way to do this other than buffing to hindenberg levels and having a good Jenkins at it hoping it pays off ?
  • DarkMasterJMK
    DarkMasterJMK
    ✭✭✭
    Evangelon wrote: »
    I'm having trouble with this one as well.

Maybe the quest isn't intended to be solo'd. It's pretty much set up as a raid boss where you shouldn't be able to complete the fight unless there's a tank, a healer and a DPS.

Some people seem to solo it no problem, though.
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people seem to solo it no problem, though.

I was one of them, and honestly can't remember that it was particularly difficult. Tough, but doable. I basically killed her with a combination of Swallow Soul, Siphoning Attacks, Heavy Attacks and Ambush. Swallow Soul was my healing mechanism, Ambush was used to stun her, and Heavy Attacks with Siphoning to replentish my stamina. I suspect that I was more lucky than anything else, though.

The DB boss that really pwned me was the Black Dragon - she made a hobby of seeing how fast she can kill me.
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • Cirrael
    Cirrael
    Soul Shriven
    I encountered the same problem, 5 mobs attacking me at the same time, including the boss. I killed them one by one with a bow from max distance and then ran out of the cave and got back in. It's a cheat, sure, but it works around the issue.