Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

First Dark Brotherhood Quest . . .

PrinceOfWorms
PrinceOfWorms
✭✭
. . . is kicking my ass.

I'm the right level, but all the guards are kicking my ass. I try to take them on one by one or sneak past them, but they keep ganging up on me.
Are there any tips or tricks to getting past them??

Also, I'm using an xBox 360 controller, and I'm trying to use the quick item slots, but I can't press the D pad, select an option, AND press A all at the same time. D:

Halp?
Yes, such will you be- Queen of every grace. When the last sacramental words are said; and beneath grass and flowers that lovely face moulders among the dead.
Then, O Beloved, whisper to the worm that crawls up to devour you with a kiss that I still guard in memory the dear form of love that comes to this.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    . . . is kicking my ass.

I'm the right level, but all the guards are kicking my ass. I try to take them on one by one or sneak past them, but they keep ganging up on me.

Also, I'm using an xBox 360 controller, and I'm trying to use the quick item slots, but I can't press the D pad, select an option, AND press A all at the same time. D:

Halp?

What's the exact name of the step you're on?
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on June 3, 2016 2:21AM
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • PrinceOfWorms
    PrinceOfWorms
    ✭✭
    . . . is kicking my ass.

Halp?

What's the exact name of the step you're on?

'Signed in Blood'

I've gotten access to the cellar and I'm plowing through mansion guards, but I keep dying.
    Yes, such will you be- Queen of every grace. When the last sacramental words are said; and beneath grass and flowers that lovely face moulders among the dead.
    Then, O Beloved, whisper to the worm that crawls up to devour you with a kiss that I still guard in memory the dear form of love that comes to this.
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    the key is just being patient. very patient. get a good hiding spot & stay hidden, watch the routes they walk and how long it takes them to turn around etc. as soon as you have them figured out get up behind them and shank them with the blade of woe & then move on, nice and slow to the next guy. youll get the hang of it