The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lag in Azura's Star EU-PC

CoachPower
CoachPower
✭✭✭
What is up with the recent huge lag in Azura all of a sudden? Ping goes up to 999+ and then I crash.. This is the only campaign I play, due to the non-CP factor. Or is it the huge Ebonheart blob that is causing this lag?
DC-EU-PC

Coach-Power - Magicka Sorcerer with mediocre DPS - PvP/PvE
Eternal-Envy - Magicka Templar - DD
-Sookie Northman - Magicka Nightblade - DD
Eva the Whipmistress - Magicka Dragonknight - DD
Having-A-Bad-Time - Magicka Templar - Healer
Lady Mormont - Stamina Dragonknight - Tank
Resolute

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lag is caused by terrible ZOS engineers.
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭
    Last night I had everything freeze up (followed by a disconnect) every single time I got within 100m of the Chal farm (where it seems every single red player on a pop-locked faction was attempting to earn defensive AP). Standing on the wall of Chal, everything would be good... jump off and head towards the farm, ping starts to go up.... get near to the bottom of that hill.... freeze up. I did this about 10 times in a row before giving up entirely and logging off.

This whole PvP thing is quite hard to do when you can't even get within 100m of the enemy.
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭
    The last week or so is is the worst lag I've ever experienced in this game. I've spent the last 45 minutes literally logging in, having my ping hit 999 within 3 seconds and getting disconnected. I even waited 5 minutes hoping to NOT get respawned back at this resource battle, but no joy there. I don't know if ZoS has tried some new trick to fix the lag in the last week or not, but if they did.... it has made this game unplayable for me.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are really crappy guilds (I won't name-and-shame) that use ball group zerging to compensate for their lag of actual pvp skills. The massive spam of prox det and whatever cheesed out, coordinated ability spam, they use end up lagging the server.

It's been a well known tactic to try and lag out the server, so that the guild with the AoE spam can roll over everything and still win. It's partly just a consequence of open world pvp, but honestly, it's the kind of goofy, brain-dead gameplay that is promoted by the mechanics. It doesn't even look like fun.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on June 19, 2016 5:29AM