Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What are the sword/bow mark in red for? At the bottom of the screen

Elamia89
Elamia89
Since the patch there's been a red mark at the bottom of my screen displaying a sword over a bow. Why is it there, and how do I get rid of it? I'm not in combat, so I don't see any reason for a weapon-mark to be shown :/

Best Answer

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a new feature. It's an indication that your weapon charge is depleted.
    Answer ✓
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My partner pointed that out to me when we were grouped. I don't know for sure, but I guessed that it shows your group role (so that would be damage dealer). Try changing your group role to healer/tank and see if it changes.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It might be that your weapon enchant is depleted.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    My partner pointed that out to me when we were grouped. I don't know for sure, but I guessed that it shows your group role (so that would be damage dealer). Try changing your group role to healer/tank and see if it changes.

I'm sure it's not that. Only saw them on my low level Orc, not being in group.
    Whilest doing ICP yesterday as DD, I didn't saw them

It might be that your weapon enchant is depleted.

that could be the meaning. Should check that.. As I keep enchants up on my main chars, this could be the reason I didn't saw them on those
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned above it means your weapon charge is deleted AND you have no poison equipped.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Elamia89
    Elamia89
    Is there any way to hide it? It sort of bothers me ;P
  • Elamia89
    Elamia89
    And thanks for the answers :)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elamia89 wrote: »
    Is there any way to hide it? It sort of bothers me ;P

Charge your weapon, that will make it disappear. Repairing equipment will remove the helmet icon. You only get the icons when weapon charge or equipment are at zero. Pretty handy feature, lets me get remove another add-on feature. Sure would like to see a reminder like this for food/drink buffs.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)