The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Thank you for "The Sweetroll Killer" quest ZOS!

Vrienda
Vrienda
✭✭✭✭✭
I just wanted to say how amazing "The Sweetroll Killer" quest is. It's deep, it's got memorable characters, it felt like my choices actually mattered (At least within the confines of that quest, especially in regards to the various endings you can get) and to top it all off the entire quest seems to be a prequel to an upcoming DLC, which is awesome. Absolutely amazing storytelling, better than anything else in the DLC, hell even the entire game. I hope the choices I made during the quest have far reaching consequences, especially in the next (hinted) DLC.

Below is what I think you need to do to meet the requirements to unlock access to this quest
Complete the dark brotherhood main questline
Complete every side quest (Non-daily) except for this one
Reach Rank 9 in the Dark Brotherhood Skill tree (Less sure about this one, took me a while to find the location of the side quest before this, so it might be unlocked earlier)

Doing these three things will certainly unlock it, as this is what I had when I first discovered it.

Also, a quick tip, complete the Ebonheart and Dominion questlines on one character before starting this quest. It'll unlock extra dialogue.

I'm really excited about the next DLC if the hints in this quest hold true! Keep up the amazing quality ZOS!
Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for a best-guess at the requirements! Two quick questions, which you may want to b]spoiler[/b-tag the answer to;
    • How many of the "notable figures" from the other 6 side quests turn up in this one?
    • Where is the starting location of this quest?
    This will help our quest documentation at UESP ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Thanks for a best-guess at the requirements! Two quick questions, which you may want to b]spoiler[/b-tag the answer to;
    • How many of the "notable figures" from the other 6 side quests turn up in this one?

Two appear, their names are
    Razum Dar and Naryu Virian

The quest starts just outside the Kvatch tavern on a notice shortly after the previous side quest is completed.
    Edited by Vrienda on June 2, 2016 11:42AM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh god now I want to rush through to do this quest haha.

Is it hinting at what was warned by you know who at the end of Orsinium?

Edited by JD2013 on June 2, 2016 11:58AM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

Not quite. I only got the hint of the location at the very end of the quest and it might be related to the ending I got. Near the end of the quest it suggests that the people in the quest will have a big influence in an upcoming DLC too.

However both locations could be part of the same DLC
    since they're both in morrowind
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeula wrote: »
    JD2013 wrote: »

Not quite. I only got the hint of the location at the very end of the quest and it might be related to the ending I got. Near the end of the quest it suggests that the people in the quest will have a big influence in an upcoming DLC too.

However both locations could be part of the same DLC
    since they're both in morrowind

Hmmmm I think I may know where the Morrowind locations are but I'm going to ask no further questions.

Excitement intensifies!
    Edited by JD2013 on June 2, 2016 12:09PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aeula, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was wondering what the heck that quest is. I accidently bought one of those stubs via the trader guild. I was out loading up on elegant lining and checked email and shows I had bought that quest stub. I'm not sure what I paid for it.. but when I tried to use it, it said it was expired. Not sure if it was a glitch or something. Oh well.. someone got free gold from me. Lol!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah shame, I already guessed those two were there, and was hoping the others would be too :stuck_out_tongue:
    The quest starts just outside the Kvatch tavern on a notice shortly after the previous side quest is completed.
    Great, thanks! When I'm trying to document the prerequisites I'll start with the previous two quests involving those characters, and see if that's sufficient. I don't see why this quest would require all 6 of the side quests or any of the DB quests if none of those characters are involved at all ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • FlameFallen
    FlameFallen
    Soul Shriven
    Magnificent quest. I'm so glad to see my favorite characters again. Can't wait for new DLC already.
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only DB rank 5 and haven't finished the DB questline and just finished this quest, so the prerequisites must be lower :)
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Awe,the secret has been given away.Oh sad!
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuls wrote: »
    Only DB rank 5 and haven't finished the DB questline and just finished this quest, so the prerequisites must be lower :)

Oh nice. I'll have to try doing it with a lower DB rank next time I run through. See how low we can go.
  • allenv30b14_ESO
    allenv30b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can' t seem to start this quest,, Level 10 DB,, finished all quests and main. outside tavern, not finding a note anywhere,,
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    I finished the main DB questline, DK skill line is level 10.

Did everything, but can not find the quest givers for "A cordal Collaboration" and "The Sweetroll Killer".

Searched both Kvatch and Anvil vigerously, nothing popped up.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, I think there's a bug with a certain NPCs outfit @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

When you say goodbye to Naryu, the text option implies that she is wearing something unusual, which she describes as the uniform of her organisation. Yet she looks the same as always. It seems she is supposed to wear the upcoming Morag Tong style - is this an oversight, or did the style not make it into the final release of this DLC?

EKvEGFG.jpg
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Faulgor wrote: »
    By the way, I think there's a bug with a certain NPCs outfit @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

When you say goodbye to Naryu, the text option implies that she is wearing something unusual, which she describes as the uniform of her organisation. Yet she looks the same as always. It seems she is supposed to wear the upcoming Morag Tong style - is this an oversight, or did the style not make it into the final release of this DLC?

EKvEGFG.jpg

Hmm, that's a good observation and question @Faulgor. We'll ask -- thanks!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »

Did everything, but can not find the quest givers for "A cordal Collaboration" and "The Sweetroll Killer".

ZoM_Head wrote: »

The "A cordial Collaboration" quest starts on a small island in the moat in front of Kvatch keep. On the western side. (It's possible you visited it already during the main questline.).
  • allenv30b14_ESO
    allenv30b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update on teh Cordial Collaboration,, still no sign of note for the Sweetroll Killer
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update on teh Cordial Collaboration,, still no sign of note for the Sweetroll Killer

It only appears once you've done every side quest in the Gold Coast I believe. There's an achievement which tells you what you're missing.
  • allenv30b14_ESO
    allenv30b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Done everything,, nothing left to do for quests,, not sure been looking all around for the note outside the tavern.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still couldn't get in bed with the Dark elf lady, I am disappointed. She is such a tease.
    Edited by Woeler on June 3, 2016 9:26PM
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done everything,, nothing left to do for quests,, not sure been looking all around for the note outside the tavern.

Odd. It should appear pretty much immediately after the last quest. On a stable or something. I could see the quest arrow from inside the Kvatch tavern.
    Edited by Vrienda on June 3, 2016 11:31PM
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my gosh. All I'm gonna say is apples. Had me rolling. Rofl. Loved this quest!
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first time a quest has given me a choice I actually needed to think about. Bravo ZOS.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, did it today, and enjoyed every second of it, from the early apples to the final sweetroll! ;) Fun quest!
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly found this one single quest better than the entire of the Dark Brotherhood storyline.

Its just such a damn lovely sight to get to see Naryu again, both her quests have been an absolute pleasent surprise, and it really felt like the stakes were high, and that you had a hand in the events unfolding under the Sweetroll Killer quest, in comparison to the Dark Brotherhood, where you're not given a single option that affects the storyline as of whole.

I really hope that Zenimax will take more inspiration from the sweetroll killer quest, and make more quests like that, because its damn good.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    I think at the very least you need to have completed A Cordial Collaboration and Debts of War: I'm at DB lvl 6 and haven't found the quest giver for A Profitable Venture yet.
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoseVex wrote: »
    haven't found the quest giver for A Profitable Venture yet.
    She's on a ship in Anvil harbour.
    It's Captain Jimila from the AD storyline
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    I honestly found this one single quest better than the entire of the Dark Brotherhood storyline.

Its just such a damn lovely sight to get to see Naryu again, both her quests have been an absolute pleasent surprise, and it really felt like the stakes were high, and that you had a hand in the events unfolding under the Sweetroll Killer quest, in comparison to the Dark Brotherhood, where you're not given a single option that affects the storyline as of whole.

I really hope that Zenimax will take more inspiration from the sweetroll killer quest, and make more quests like that, because its damn good.

Completely agree. I really hope they use the choices made in this quest in future DLC. I'd love to see how far reaching the choices at the end are.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i'm still waiting for my kiss, she's such a tease, but loved this quest line, really felt like choices mattered to some degree
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't gotten even close to this part (just recently reached DB level 3 ) , but reading this makes me so happy. Needless to say, I love spoilers and teases <3:p

This dlc is great!)
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...