Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Protection Potions

MercTheMage
MercTheMage
✭✭✭✭
I've been trying to make potions that give physical and spell resistance using Mudcrab Chitin, Beetle Scuttle and Bugloss
Theoretically, it should work. Chitin + Scuttle have Increase armor, and Chitin + Bugloss have Increase Spell Resist.
I get spell resist potions, but the moment I add Scuttle, it turns into a physical resist potion, and the spell resist is lost :(
Anyone know if this is a bug?
Edited by MercTheMage on June 4, 2016 3:22AM
You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only effects that are shared in all of the used ingredients will work ...
    shades.gif
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Only effects that are shared in all of the used ingredients will work ...
    shades.gif

This is NOT TRUE. Any effect on two or more will work...

UNLESS...

Scuttle has lower spell resist whick kills one of the buff spell resists.

It does.

OP that is your prob. The negative trait on the scuttle
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, frustrating, I've been attempting to craft a "Restore Stamina/Protection/Vitality" potion, but nothing, really, just Protection and Vitality on the same potion would be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Minor Protection 8% damage reduction
    Major Vitality 30% extra healing

In one potion!

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Was this intentional? the fact you can't have Protection and Vitality in the same potion?? I think tanks need a bone thrown their way :D

Edited by Petros on June 3, 2016 9:28PM
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    That combo of mudcrab chitin, beetle scuttle and bugloss has 2 of each property: Increase armor, Increase spell resist and protection.
    So it should give a potion that Increases both physical and spell resist, as well as 8% less damage from protection.
    It's the ultimate defensive potion, but when I try to craft it, I only get Physical resist and 8% less damage :(
    The spell resist just gets lost for some reason.

I don't think this was intended, as some of the new reagents seem to be bugged. When I was unlocking the properties, some just did unlock, even tho they were combined with other stuff off the same properties.
    Edited by MercTheMage on June 4, 2016 3:22AM
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for the scuttle canceling out the spell resist,
    I've made a potion that had 1 negative trait, and 2 positives, and the positive didn't get canceled out by the single negative.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As for the scuttle canceling out the spell resist,
    I've made a potion that had 1 negative trait, and 2 positives, and the positive didn't get canceled out by the single negative.

Really, which three ingredients and i will check it out.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."