Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I sell my mats that are inside the crafting bag?

itehache
itehache
✭✭✭✭
Hi all!
I recently subscribed and I got the crafting bag, which is amazing, but I have not been able to sell anything that I have in there. I have approached several different shops and I cannot see the option of selling the items I have inside the crafting bag, I can see only the normal bag items.
Any ideas?
Thank you all in advance for your help!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a lot of things in the game, Right Clicks are your friend.

Right Click in the Crafting Bag on the item you want, choose Retrieve
    You can select the number of items to take out before you take the whole stack.
    To manually put items in the bag, Right Click and choose Store

Note, the Crafting Bag is another category in the Inventory, like Currency, so choose that to see what is in the crafting bag

Edited by Nestor on June 1, 2016 10:29PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor Thank you very very much ^^
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    Bigger question is, what in the world could you be selling to a merchant from your crafting bag? What ever it is, don't. Join a guild with a store.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    itehache wrote: »
    Hi all!
    I recently subscribed and I got the crafting bag, which is amazing, but I have not been able to sell anything that I have in there. I have approached several different shops and I cannot see the option of selling the items I have inside the crafting bag, I can see only the normal bag items.
    Any ideas?
    Thank you all in advance for your help!

Right click on them,and you will see an option to "retrieve" them.This will then put them into your inventory to use for a short time and you cal sell as much as you have if you want to.
    Edited by Volkodav on June 6, 2016 5:41AM
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    @medusasfolly Well, I am not in any guild (yet) and I am new to the game so I am basically selling all crafting materials to try to get gold while leveling my professions. Should I keep everything? I have only 30k so I thought it would be a good idea to sell my mats (except alchemy and provisioning ones, since those are the 2 professions I am leveling up).

@Volkodav Thank you very much ^^
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    @medusasfolly Well, I am not in any guild (yet) and I am new to the game so I am basically selling all crafting materials to try to get gold while leveling my professions. Should I keep everything? I have only 30k so I thought it would be a good idea to sell my mats (except alchemy and provisioning ones, since those are the 2 professions I am leveling up).

With the advent of the crafting bag, I'd recommend you save everything until you join a guild and can sell it. The prices you can sell at a guild store are going to be far superior than the prices you can sell to a merchant. For instance, the going rate for iron ore is 35 gold each, raw jute is around 17 gold each and rough maple around 10 each. Far better prices than a merchant will give you.

Once you join a guild, Master Merchant is a great add-on to keep you abreast of going prices. Even if you choose not to use the addon, you can ask for a price check in chat by linking the item to chat and guild mates tend to be very good about posting Master Merchant price stats back.

If you post your server, I'm sure people here could give you recommendations for guilds.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭

With the advent of the crafting bag, I'd recommend you save everything until you join a guild and can sell it. The prices you can sell at a guild store are going to be far superior than the prices you can sell to a merchant. For instance, the going rate for iron ore is 35 gold each, raw jute is around 17 gold each and rough maple around 10 each. Far better prices than a merchant will give you.

Once you join a guild, Master Merchant is a great add-on to keep you abreast of going prices. Even if you choose not to use the addon, you can ask for a price check in chat by linking the item to chat and guild mates tend to be very good about posting Master Merchant price stats back.

If you post your server, I'm sure people here could give you recommendations for guilds.

That is good advice from Medusa @itehache ! You should join my then one Guild Store (or Guild in general) as you have a limit of 30 items you list pr store which you can reach very fast with all mats and gear there is in game. Sell items like low level potions and jewels (those which isn't useful for your own characters on your account) which you don't want to list in Guild Stores and still get some Gold from each piece from vendors in the long run. Decon all white gear (at least in the start) to both get some inspiration and with Crafting bags you will get mats which you can later sell in larger quantity. Later on you can pick add on which will ignore white items without traits to get better inspiration and also more useful mats (like armour or weapon gems). By Decon everything you will gain rank even in those crafting disciplines you haven't put any skill point into from the beginning and with a respec later on you will be able to directly make use of that rank you have gained to craft high level items.

Between alchemy and provisioning I would say that provisioning is the fastest to gain rank in and most useful. When you have access to two or three active max resources at the same time (example max health and magic; blue and purple recipes) you will be able to stay alive longer, get a buff to damage from both more resources and higher spell critical as that scale from max magic (same if you go for stamina/weapon critical). There is also a passive which make a jump from only 35 min up to 55 min duration for the same food. That food you produce while gaining rank is best to sell to NPC vendors as there is probably no interest in low level items from food or drinks in a Guild Store and you will get some Gold in return while getting some more space back.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep your mats if you have a Crafting Bag. Instead, sell mob loot to NPC Vendors to cover repairs, then decon the rest of the gear to level your equipment crafting (and enchanting). If you need more gear to decon and sell, grind in public dungeons.

To make money, go steal stuff and fence it. There are lots of areas in the game with little to no NPCs and lots of containers to loot. Take everything, launder the provisioning ingredients and materials, fence all the stuff that has more than a 1 gold value.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    @medusasfolly Since I read your post I have been keeping all the mats!! This crafting bag is awesome. I will definately dowload this add on once I am in a guild :sweat_smile:

I am not sure about my server, if I say that I am in the European Megaserver does it make any sense? I did not choose any server (as you do in word of warcraft for instance), I though there was only 1!

I will also look around the guild forum to see which guild should I join ^^ Every time I come across a guild vendor I cannot see any items, I was wondering why but now I assume I don't see anything because I do not belong to any guild :disappointed:

Thank you very much for your advice!!!

@ecriteqeb17_ESO I have been deconstructing all gear actually... I wanted to level up my professions and I was told this was the best way. I did not even realise that some armor/weapons are bind on equipped xD that's the price noobs pay I guess :tongue: I will keep the blue+green+purple ones from now on!! Thanks for this advice.

I have leveled alchemy and provisioning to 50 (well, i'm almost there with alchemy!!) and I have been using food since level 5 ish. I still don't have great recipes :sweat_smile: but i do have a meatball one that increases my health by 4.000 points and, for now, it is enough for my solo leveling! I also have the provisioning passives, they are soo useful!!

As you said, I sell all food I do not eat to NPC because I assumed it would not be good for veterans haha :smile: Thanks for your help!!

• itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor I have been doing as you said :smiley:

I will have to go and steal more stuff!! It is weird because in Oblivion and Skyrim I always play thief, but in ESO i have not really stolen much. It is about time to start picking some locks!!!!

Thank you for your advice!!
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure about my server, if I say that I am in the European Megaserver does it make any sense? I did not choose any server (as you do in word of warcraft for instance), I though there was only 1!

There are two for PC: NA (North American) and EU (European) so yes, European makes sense! Unfortunately, I can't give you any recommendations as I'm on the NA servers.
    I will also look around the guild forum to see which guild should I join ^^ Every time I come across a guild vendor I cannot see any items, I was wondering why but now I assume I don't see anything because I do not belong to any guild :disappointed:

You don't have to be a member of a guild to shop at guild kiosks. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that it took me about a month to realize that you have to press "R" for the items to show up. Another good add-on is AwesomeGuildStore which gives you a ton more filtering choices when you're shopping. Probably not as important just starting off in the game, but as you progress, it becomes invaluable.