Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Poisons mats - location suggestion

ausmack2014
ausmack2014
✭✭✭
Was just down on the southern coast of Grahtwood east of the Grey Mire, and I found almost 20 Ichor drops from Wamasu. Im level 18 and they are around 17, so they aren't that hard to kill. Its the first oil-type poison mat drops I've found, and they were fairly frequent.
Edited by ausmack2014 on June 1, 2016 11:14AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have pulled a bunch of the poison mats from Undead and other animals like Mudcrabs. So, kill various non human mobs and you will probably gather all that you need.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spiders and trolls in Wrothgar are good :)
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mudcrabs seem very stingy to me but trolls, spiders, thunderbugs all seem to pony up pretty quick.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I killed hundreds of mudcrabs just to get enough (like 6) to level up the toxicology. Butterfly wings were a little scarce, too. Everything else drops with reasonable frequency, IMO.

I only got any Mudcrab Chitin once I switched to Gold Coast. Has anyone had some drop in other zones?
  • Aevric
    Aevric
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting plenty of mudcrab chitin in Auridon on a low level character.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hmm... again tonight many mudcrabs died, no chitin, even from mudcrab nests on gold coast.

I tell you... they dont like me... and its mutual... little scurry-prone @$$#^!!$.

Got most of the alchemy worked out... gotta go scrib hunting... iirc stonefalls was good for that.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Spiders and trolls in Wrothgar are good :)

Spiders and Trolls in general seem really good
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Btw
    Kwama mines in grahtwood and shadowfen good for squib jelly.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bangkorai - Nilata Ruins - best place to farm Spider Eggs, very fast respawn, great grinding spot :).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    hmm... again tonight many mudcrabs died, no chitin, even from mudcrab nests on gold coast.

I tell you... they dont like me... and its mutual... little scurry-prone @$$#^!!$.

Got most of the alchemy worked out... gotta go scrib hunting... iirc stonefalls was good for that.

Could be totally RNG still but I was getting nothing as well, using simple Sweeps against them. But as soon as I switched to Pulsar AOE they started giving up. Maybe need to kill them quicker in a group?? YMMV

Edited by SpAEkus on June 5, 2016 8:43PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I killed hundreds of mudcrabs just to get enough (like 6) to level up the toxicology. Butterfly wings were a little scarce, too. Everything else drops with reasonable frequency, IMO.

I only got any Mudcrab Chitin once I switched to Gold Coast. Has anyone had some drop in other zones?

Mudcrab Chitin and Nightshade have been the only new mats that seem in short supply. With Nightshade, you have to rely on random nodes. Mudcrabs seem to have a low drop rate, no matter where I kill them. I have gotten the chitin in multiple zones, however. But I got enough of all mats to get the Toxicologist achievement. I suggest taking a high level character to low level zones so you can one-shot everything and focus on collecting mats, not fighting.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I suggest taking a high level character to low level zones so you can one-shot everything and focus on collecting mats, not fighting.
    I have an impression that drop rate of mats in this case is lower than when proper level character fights in it's level zone. At least I tested it in Nilata Ruins on spider eggs and had better results when my alt was getting xp from kills than when xp gain stopped.

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • TrekarmatiK69
    Drop problem with mudcrab chitin in Wrothgar, impossible to drop any chitin in this zone apparently...
    I killed more than 100 and nothing at all, but when i try in different zone, the drop rate is quite low but still with 10 crabs, you can get 1 or 2 chitin, so i'm almost sure there is a problem in Wrothgar with this material.
    Trekarmatik - DK tank EP
    Trekkyneth - NB stam dps EP
    Trek'in flowers - TP mag dps/heal EP
    Zi-L'HectreK'ator - SC mag dps EP
    Burninga Firestar'Trek - DK mag dps EP
    Trekky's Wardy - WD mag dps/heal EP
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I suggest taking a high level character to low level zones so you can one-shot everything and focus on collecting mats, not fighting.
    I have an impression that drop rate of mats in this case is lower than when proper level character fights in it's level zone. At least I tested it in Nilata Ruins on spider eggs and had better results when my alt was getting xp from kills than when xp gain stopped.

I took my DC NB to Rivenspire, which is 4th DC zone. Kills were one-shot on a 501, and I got mats 35-40% of the time or better. Maybe the drop rate is higher against at level kills, but I was quite happy with the drop rate, and the easy kills meant speedy collection. XP means nothing to me....I'm never going to be able to use all the CP I have as it is.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • DarkBones
    DarkBones
    I like to know why the level 10 Ichor does not drop from level 10 mobs in Auridon?(not even seen the level3...)

If they didnt want players under level 16+ to create poisons, then why add the recipes and mats?

Anoys the hell out of me atm.
  • TrekarmatiK69
    It's true i got many of one of this mats (sry i'm french I don't know the name of the specific mats in english) with my lvl22 (EP) in stonefalls but i tryed after with a CP+160 char and it was so hard to drop them.
    Trekarmatik - DK tank EP
    Trekkyneth - NB stam dps EP
    Trek'in flowers - TP mag dps/heal EP
    Zi-L'HectreK'ator - SC mag dps EP
    Burninga Firestar'Trek - DK mag dps EP
    Trekky's Wardy - WD mag dps/heal EP
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    TBH im glad some mats seem rarer, harder to get are not easily found it makes the product that much more valuable to those that take the time to gather and craft items in this game that use it for there sole income.

I've found tons just by gathering and killing any mob in my path or quest line