Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need ideas for a new toon

Lord_Wrath
Lord_Wrath
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, I have been playing since launch, and between work, social life and family all my game time has gone into my sorcerer for the past 2 years. Well Dark Brotherhood crapped on my sorcerer and its just not fun at all anymore, its depressing honestly. So id like to try out a stamina based character now, but I am not at all familiar with the other classes. Im not trying to most ridiculous dps on the face of nirn or anything, but id like to be effective and like my character.

Im interested in heavy armor, sword and board, archery and 2hander. Im not opposed to medium armor. Im also a solo player most of the time, but i have done everything from dungeons to pvp, so ill need to be able to sustain myself with heals and such. Depending on my gear im assuming Templar is my best bet for versatility? But DK looks like it might be fun. I just dont get that much time to play you know? Most of all, im done relying on damage shields - save that for my sorc!

Im open to ideas and suggestions and why you think your suggestion is good.
Edited by Lord_Wrath on June 1, 2016 8:40AM
1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord Stamina DK.

It's got a lot of options in the current meta due to poison skills, they have some interesting passives which are not directly min/max but still useful, they like mead, it's very different to what you have already played.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam DK will be very strong, you do have to get Vigor which means a bit of pvp (some might find this a problem).
    Personally I would pick Redguard because it will make stamina sustain really easy.

Magicka Templar (Im leveling one myself) is pretty versatile and I found it incredibly tanky in pve.
    Its so easy to solo content (even 10+ level higher) because you get a lot of healing while dealing dmg with Puncturing Sweeps.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK will be very strong, you do have to get Vigor which means a bit of pvp (some might find this a problem).
    Personally I would pick Redguard because it will make stamina sustain really easy.

Magicka Templar (Im leveling one myself) is pretty versatile and I found it incredibly tanky in pve.
    Its so easy to solo content (even 10+ level higher) because you get a lot of healing while dealing dmg with Puncturing Sweeps.
    I created a redguard dk as you suggested for stamina sustain. Gonna play with it when i can and see how I like it. Its going to be a learning curve, but if this is good at taking hits and dealing dps i will love this.

Im interested in trying templar as well though, ive seen people with a build in pvp that have great self heals, dps and damage mitigation. Any insight on that race and build? In the end ill probably spend more time in pvp, but whatever these guys are doing I like, except getting my butt whooped.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP