Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemy: Nirnroot/White Cap Glitch?

Bookwyrm
Bookwyrm
✭✭✭✭
I already submitted a bug report, but I wanted to see if anyone else has a character that hasn't learned all of the alchemy reagent "traits" and could double-check this and make sure it's not just me.

One of Nirnroot's effects is "lower spell crit." The only other reagent with this effect is supposed to be White Cap, but it no longer has this effect--in its place is "Detection" (at least, it is for me). I thought it might be a tooltip error, but I have discovered "Detection" on White Cap and when I tried to combine White Cap and Nirnroot the potion attempt failed. Using "Potion Maker" (the addon) I checked to see if any other potion could be made to unlock the effect (even though I'd already learned the traits of the other reagents) and no, it can't.

So I can't complete the Nirnroot traits or get that achievement on this character. It's not a big deal, personally, but I thought it may not be intended. Can anyone else replicate the issue?

Note: I am playing on PC US server, I don't know if this affects consoles or anything.
Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
  • nooblybear
    nooblybear
    ✭✭✭
    I don't recall why this change was made, but someone mentioned it in an episode of ESO Live.

According to this image (found via reddit), you can use Butterfly Wings instead.
    AddOn Developer - RIP Akaviri Union (PC-NA)
  • CelticStones
    CelticStones
    ✭✭✭
    I read the patch notes and remembered seeing this.

Alchemy
    Changed the fourth alchemical trait on White Cap from Lower Spell Crit to Detection, to avoid a quadruple effect match. This quadruple match was not supported by the system, and is no longer possible.
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭
    nooblybear wrote: »
    I don't recall why this change was made, but someone mentioned it in an episode of ESO Live.

According to this image (found via reddit), you can use Butterfly Wings instead.

Thank you! I was working off the old alchemy information, then, very confusing. I had googled it but everything just came up with the lists of alchemy ingredients and their traits, which still had white cap listed with lower spell crit instead of detection, and I generally don't keep up with ESO Live (I forget). Thank you again!
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This threw me off as well. If it wasn't for finding this thread quick I'd probably just forget about it.

Another dye for the list. Thanks again.
  • Teletesselator
    And if you're using one of those combo lists to make each reagent's discoveries complete then to get the White Cap also completed you can use Torchbug Thorax instead of the Nirnroot. :)

Edited by Teletesselator on October 25, 2016 1:28AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nooblybear wrote: »

And if you're using one of those combo lists to make each reagent's discoveries complete then to get the White Cap also completed you can use Torchbug Thorax instead of the Nirnroot. :)

Didn't mean to practice my Necromancy but you two just helped me big time getting my Botanist achieve done for the first time in two years of playing, Alchemy is such an annoyingly tedious and unoredictable crafting skill.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!