Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Opening Undaunted Chests en mass

kadar
kadar
✭✭✭✭✭
Are there any confirmed mechanics, hidden or otherwise, that effect the opening of Undaunted Chests?

I'm sure many of us have saved up Gold/Silver keys in anticipation of the update: Any reason to open only a few at a time, all at once fast as you can, or perhaps it doesn't matter. Anyone have any info or opinions on this? Superstition perhaps? Case studies?

I know some chests require extravagant worship (vCoA chest), before they give you dat Skoria helm. /kowtow?
Perhaps a curt nod of respect before turning that shiny gold key?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I have no proof, but I always felt doing them in a row was best for getting variety.

It's probably all in my head, but I feel, for example, when I refine mats, I gotta do large sums at once to get a good return.

Of course it's probably all the same, but I just get that feeling... ya know?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well.. I have found that just like deconning glyphs, if you get 2-3 crap results in a row, it's best just to call it a day and come back tomorrow for the RNG gods are unforgiving... but fickle.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did mne all in a row. I'd get a batch of the same shoulders, then on to the next. (They ALL sucked.). A guildie pulled 8 Lord Warden in a row.

What are the odds?
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I did mne all in a row. I'd get a batch of the same shoulders, then on to the next. (They ALL sucked.). A guildie pulled 8 Lord Warden in a row.

What are the odds?

I'd say the odds are...odd. When opening Gold/silver chests they seem to come in clumps for me. For example: I used ~5 gold keys on my main and got 2 Maulbeth, 3 Maw of Infernal. Then on an alt I used ~ 5 gold keys and got 3 bloodspawn. In ~100 gold pledges complete, those are the fist bloodspawn of any kind I've ever seen. It just... doesn't quite seem random. Idk, maybe I'm paranoid. :p
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm becoming more and more convinced that Undaunted chests are not random. 1 Silver and 3 Gold = 3 Engine Guardian, 1 Nightflame. Pair that with the patterns above^. Weirdness.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wishlist:
    • Light Divines Skoria Shoulder
    • Light Divines Maulbeth Shoulder
    • Light Divines Nereineth Shoulder
    • Medium Divines Kena Shoulder 2x
    • Heavy Divines Engine Guardian Shoulders

Received:
    • Light Divines Nereineth Shoulder
    • Heavy Divines Engine Guardian Shoulders
    • Several Skoria shoulders, none with divines
    • Several Bogdan shoulders
    • Several infused/divines Blood Spawn shoulders
    • Several Maw of the Infernal shoulders
    • A few Maulbeth shoulders, not of good weight and trait
    • No Kena shoulders
    • Too many Warden Dusk shoulders

I got a few good items, so I'm not angry, but I really wish I had gotten those Skoria shoulders. My Magicka DK is now running a heavy-prosperous shoulders.

But I was still able to finish my Sorcerer's monster set.

I wish I had gotten better loot, but I certainly could have gotten worse loot.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened about 30 chests last night,

Got 6 kena in a row, 2 divines, 1 infused, rest bad...
    Malubeths scourge about 10 -15 of.. lol... all shapes and sizes...
    1 warden,
    3 engine,
    2 nerieneth,
    3 bloodspawn..
    0 skoria.....:(
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do /kowtow before the chest for 1 minute then mail @Turelus some gold on the EU PC megaserver it gives you a 0.001% improved chance of the drop you want for each gold sent to him.

Edited by Turelus on June 1, 2016 8:20AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    If you do /kowtow before the chest for 1 minute then mail @Turelus some gold on the EU PC megaserver it gives you a 0.001% improved chance of the drop you want for each gold sent to him.

Totally worth.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any confirmed mechanics, hidden or otherwise, that effect the opening of Undaunted Chests?
    If the chest RNG is anything like the deconstruct/refining RNG there is a very distinct cycle that seems to be on a global timer.
    It's most apparent and easy to spot by looking at tempers when deconstructing weapons/armor or refining ore.

The RNG oscillates in about 3 second intervals between giving you tempers (what quality is another RNG in itself) and not giving you any tempers. The moment you receive your first temper, you can usually get two more items in that will also give you tempers, followed by another 3 second window without any tempers.
    For deconstructing, you can maximize your temper count by interleaving white items during the no-temper phase.

If you have enough keys, you could try to see if they follow a similar RNG pattern ...
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on June 2, 2016 1:37AM