Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Changes to the Trait Training

Incarnatus
Incarnatus
✭✭✭
OK. I just made a Hammer and noticed that Training now increases xp from kills. Looking at the patch notes:

"Training: This trait now increases all experience gained from all kills by a percentage instead of increasing your weapon skill line experience only."

Is this saying that the Skill Line will increase, ALL xp will increase or only Character Level xp will increase???
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober

It would be nice to get clarification on this as I normally use the training trait on everything up to level 50 to increase gear and weapon tree levels.
    (EU/AD) CP501 Razum-dah - Khajiiti Templar Healer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'Kara Silverclaw - Khajiiti Dragonknight tank
    (EU/AD) CP501 Rajhiin - Khajiiti stamina Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Draven Corvillian - Breton magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Sinderian Nightflame - High Elf magicka sorcerer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'zargo Silverclaw - Khajiit stamina Templar
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ariella Nightshade - High Elf Magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ri'shada - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    (EU/AD) LVL29 Valeon Indoril - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight
    *The Queen stole this one's moonsugar candies lol*
  • MasterGohan
    MasterGohan
    ✭✭
    I can't say definitively but it sounds like Training will still increase Skill Line experience but it will also increase any experience you get from a kill. So slotted abilities and character experience as well will get increased. If that is true then this trait is useful beyond just getting skills to level 50. Can anyone confirm this??
  • Incarnatus
    Incarnatus
    ✭✭✭
    I would agree if this were true and the percentages had not dropped so much compared to before the game update ....
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It affects all your active skills, armor, weapons and their associated skill lines. So now you can level everything at the same pace as long as its in your active action bar when the kills are made.
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for being dense, but does it work like an XP potion as well? I already get 10% xp buff for being an ESO+ member, I actually don't want anymore than that, at least while leveling that is.
  • Incarnatus
    Incarnatus
    ✭✭✭
    Just did some testing. With Training/ without training, on gear. Training gives the percentage shown in the tooltips to each form of skill XP such as 1 hand and shield, Heavy armor, Dragon knight skill lines, so long as the skill is on your active bar, not including armor skills. It only gives an increase to XP from kills however. So no additional XP from quest completion or opening treasure chests.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Training Trait is really only effective now when you are killing enemies- once you're 'over-leveled' for the enemies (5+ levels above in leveling zones) you get NOTHING from the Training Trait. Thus, the Training Trait is really only useful for Grinders and not for leveling zone 'Questers'... albeit, at least now we aren't just relegated to ONLY receiving XP boost to armor or weapon lines. Always seemed silly to me anyway, so I get a boost to my armor when turning in quests, but once my armor is leveled, then they're completely useless. At least now I can continue to reap benefits towards CP after level 50... and once you hit Cadwell's Gold Zone, it's completely CP160, so you're close to running "Cake Week" XP bonus the entire zone... and 'battle leveled' DLC zones work this way too. So ZOS really did an awesome job with the Training Trait by making it useful long-term.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Wtrenga
    Wtrenga
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid question but does it stack?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtrenga wrote: »
    Stupid question but does it stack?

Define 'stack'? If you're talking about Training traits stacking together, yes... the more pieces with Training Trait the more XP you'll gain from enemy kills. The Training Traits also DO stack with XP Scrolls/Ambrosia and ESO+.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****