Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Blacksmithing Glitch

CaptainNinjastar
CaptainNinjastar
Soul Shriven
What is going on zenimax? I wanted to craft some cp 160 armour and it used 110 rubidite ingots for one sword. ONE SWORD. I don't know if this is how it's supposed to be but it just used 110 ingots for that one sword. I just wanted to let zenimax know of this glitch.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a glitch. VR16 items use substantially more materials to craft.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has been that way since VR16 was introduced - it is by design and not a glitch.
    I have never made a VR16 item - weapons and shields of this level can be got from dungeon runs and can be improved/enchanted in the normal way. I am currently happy to run around in VR15 armour as I do not see that the extra benefits of VR16 gear is worth the resources used.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As intended...It takes 10x the number of mats of the previous level (CP15).

I've listed all of the items required for all the levels on my buyers guide for non-crafters
    http://benevolentbowd.ca/esotu/esotu-the-buyers-guide-to-equipment-crafting/
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Truth ^ CP160 or 180 or old VR16 equivalent gear is a resource drain pipe .
  • CaptainNinjastar
    CaptainNinjastar
    Soul Shriven
    MissBizz wrote: »

Damn I never knew that. Thx
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bahraha's Curse is a nice filler set for Magicka based characters, and Syvarra's Scale for Stamina. Both sets are relatively cheaper than buying a stack of Ruby mats for the slots they fill. Each of my V16 characters always wear one of these sets as a 5pc then I craft something else to fill the rest. If you dual wield or 1H & SH, you can fill those with Willpower, Endurance, or Agility sets that also go fairly cheaper than Ruby mats as long as you're not buying Jewelry slots.