The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ultimates Not Firing Reliably

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small update on this: We've found the issue and have a fix that will go into next week's PC/Mac incremental patch.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I am uncertain if this has been mentioned already, but apart from refusing to fire when ready, my Ultimates sometimes alternate between showing ready one second then 96% the next, then ready immediately followed by "not ready" again. Until I fire of a couple of shots or skills again, at which point it stays "ready". Is this part of the problem you found in regards to Ultimates not firing at the tooltip value, and will it be addressed in today's patch?

Sorry if this has already been covered.
    Edited by Idinuse on June 6, 2016 12:34PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've seen a few reports of this since yesterday, and have been working on tracking down the cause. If you have specific details regarding when this is happening, what you were doing/where you were, what Ultimate ability you were using, and what happened (stuttering, not firing at all, delayed firing, etc.) it would be helpful. Bonus for video footage, too. :) Thanks for helping us look into this!

Friend of mine couldnt use his batswarm in IC until his ulti showed 200 and the ulti itself rly states its costing 158 ultimate.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Tyrannitar
    Tyrannitar
    ✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Small update on this: We've found the issue and have a fix that will go into next week's PC/Mac incremental patch.

I presume a hotfix isn't enough to resolve the issue? I had hoped to participate in vet Sanctum with my reworked stam sorc, but not having an ultimate is somewhat of a liability...

"I had hoped to participate in vet Sanctum with my reworked stam sorc"

..... OOooOoooOoH buddy.... just give up before you even start.

Stam sorc is just dead. It's so dead that it's disturbing man.
    My Cat Two Chainz (Main) - AD Stam Sorc
    Post Malone - AD Mag Blade
    Ba'al Sahk- AD Stam DK
    Vampy Cat- AD Perma-WW Templar
    610 CP as of 12/12/2016
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My incapacitated strike always goes off.....
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sirrmattus wrote: »
    My incapacitated strike always goes off.....

I believe Nightblades don't have a Ult cost reducing passive unless you're a vampire.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • XaXa
    XaXa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrannitar wrote: »
    Autolycus wrote: »

I presume a hotfix isn't enough to resolve the issue? I had hoped to participate in vet Sanctum with my reworked stam sorc, but not having an ultimate is somewhat of a liability...

"I had hoped to participate in vet Sanctum with my reworked stam sorc"

..... OOooOoooOoH buddy.... just give up before you even start.

Stam sorc is just dead. It's so dead that it's disturbing man.

As much as i hate to admit it. You were right. -.-

Build idea does not work in the slightest.
  • Wolverton808b14_ESO
    5% Success rate on firing off ultimate abilities. 60% success rate on firing off abilities. More likely to fail ultimate ability if you try to block cancel it and more likely to fire if you don't block cancel. Either way, most of the time during combat you will try to get an ultimate off the game will dump your ulti points and not fire the ability. Many players suffer from this; all classes, all races. Tune in to twitch and look for fast paced PvP/PvE players and you will see the most frustration there. Also logging into the game and learning how to play it will help discover the issue. I know and understand that players will say that "Not everyone suffers from this issue." False, everyone does. It's just slower paced players or others that block cancel in order to optimize their roles that will feel this issue most of the time. Please stop wasting time on releasing new content and try to put a little more focus into optimization. As a long time and dedicated player I've considered leaving the game over and over and watched other dedicated players that love to promote this game lean away because there's too little focus on optimization and too much focus on cash shop and new content. It's ok to take your time on the things that matter.
    GAMEPLAY > New Content. We can't play new content if we can't play the game mechanics themselves!
  • Wolverton808b14_ESO

Since they need video proof of said bug.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Ultimates are designed to be 'animation canceled'. Interesting how you also say, "Everyone does"... well I don't have a problem with firing Ultimates but I also don't attempt to animation cancel them either.

Further, it is against forum rules to necro old threads... you are supposed to create a NEW thread on the subject.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ultimates and Potions are unreliable for me and have been for a while. I frequently have to hit the button multiple times before they activate.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything doesn't always work reliably, it's weapon swapping. How many times in battle have I 'thought' I swapped weapons, only to realize after several attacks that it never actually swapped. If anything needs fixing in ESO combat, it's this. I wonder if there are some abilities that cannot be animation canceled, and trying to weapon swap during their animation is the cause of no weapon swap? This might be the same with Ultimates... that if you're in the middle of an animation and try to activate an Ultimate it doesn't work.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker in VMA the animation is either late or doesnt show(half the time) and it does damage 2-3 seconds after the fact.
    The Flyers
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, occasionally i fire off the atronach, the 'meteor' visual comes down but no atronach pops up........
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abilities have always been unresponsive, it's never been fixed. You can even hear certain streamers mashing buttons to get abilities to go off, where you should only really hear an ability button being pressed every second or so.

Speaking of ultimates, werewolf still has problems activating when you get knocked back during transformation. It "activates" but you don't actually transform, and have to deactivate it to build up ult again.
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    Mine flickers on and off and I have to mash ulti to 'catch' it when it's lit up lol
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abilities have always been unresponsive, it's never been fixed. You can even hear certain streamers mashing buttons to get abilities to go off, where you should only really hear an ability button being pressed every second or so.

Speaking of ultimates, werewolf still has problems activating when you get knocked back during transformation. It "activates" but you don't actually transform, and have to deactivate it to build up ult again.

Going from WW to Mer causes my xbox to crash like 70% of the time.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • RajinPVP
    RajinPVP
    ✭✭✭
    This is a year old post but it seems that some people still having problem with ult not firing off correctly... while i do not experience anything like this after they fix it a year ago... i do noticed some animation of some ults is not being showned correctly or just no animation at all but still would hit your target. I consider this just my end as my fps drops too low after i smashed my ult but maybe its something else..
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

does that include ALL ultimates not firing off ? i hope so :(
    for example Nightblades incapasating strike ?
    because that has allways not fired off properly at times.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You guys do realize this was from almost a year ago.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea and this still haven't been fixed kinda crazy.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the problem is much more than a year old and remains an issue to this day.

one among the many.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a lot more testing and although the skill fires off, the atronach doesn't appear if you have used the skill to quickly after another or a bar swap.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear.

My main version of the issue was that my magblade had trouble getting Siphon Spirit off at dolmens.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear.

My main version of the issue was that my magblade had trouble getting Siphon Spirit off at dolmens.

That is almost a year old. They haven't fixed this issue.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    May I introduce you to my friend Incap? Should stand for incapable of hitting.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean like this?

https://youtu.be/xYoomrXx50E

Where did my Ulti go? Who knows! This happens a couple times a day with the Destro placed AoE ultimate.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    So sad to see this thread revived with the same issues still persisting.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens all the time with Dragon Leap in PVP, wings on my feet, lost ultimate, nothing happens, I soon die and my ult is empty on res.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Wolverton808b14_ESO
    To all the white knights out there protecting ZOS from obvious issues, YES, we know it's an issue that has been around for a LONG time. And that is EXACTLY why I will keep bringing it up. Just forgetting about the issue because it was "Necro'd" doesn't mean it's getting fixed. If an issue lasts this long and STILL isn't getting fixed, please stop white-knighting it. If it's getting necro'd, it means it NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think they need protection.