The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vampirism Feeding Changes .... So you have to feed after every battle now?

Cathexis
Cathexis
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously? ><
Vampirism:
Increased the timer to advance each Vampire Stage to 6 hours from 30 minutes, but casting any Vampire ability will advance this timer by 30 minutes. Feeding as a Vampire will continue to lower your Vampire Stage by 1.
Vampire Stage benefits and penalties are now as follows:
Stage 1: 0% Flame Damage taken, 0% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 0% Health Recovery reduction
Stage 2: 15% Flame Damage taken, 7% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 25% Health Recovery reduction
Stage 3: 20% Flame Damage taken, 14% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 50% Health Recovery reduction
Stage 4: 25% Flame Damage taken, 21% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 75% Health Recovery reduction
Edited by Cathexis on May 31, 2016 11:02PM
The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
Praise Malacath.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooo, my sympathies for those vamps who want to run flame-heavy dungeons. :fearful:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooo, my sympathies for those vamps who want to run flame-heavy dungeons. :fearful:

I've done a bit of further analysis and actually its not necessarily as bad as it looks (at least for me). Basically you just want to avoid stage 4 vampirism.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just dont use vamp abilities if you dont want to feed after every battle. just utilize passives.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    just dont use vamp abilities if you dont want to feed after every battle. just utilize passives.

Because there is no stam based shield, mist form is a crucial part of my build. That means I can only cast it 36 times per battle max before I have to go feed.
    Praise Malacath.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are other ways for stam to mitigate damage. Dodge, shuffle, vigor, heals in every line to some degree.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, I might be able to suggest alternatives to help you avoid mist. What class are you? =)
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar. Suggestions please.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice try. You are supposed to go into your house and stay in it. J-beam from inside if you can. Didnt you read wrobels tips? He is a leet-plar.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are other ways for stam to mitigate damage. Dodge, shuffle, vigor, heals in every line to some degree.

*casts vigor, dodge and heals*
    *melts to focus fire*

Well that was a good test, now we know that doesn't work, and can move on from these repetitive suggestions.
    Praise Malacath.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

*melts to focus fire*

Well that was a good test, now we know that doesn't work, and can move on from these repetitive suggestions.

Try blocking. Since you know, stam build. B)
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*melts to focus fire*

so your complaining about multiple tagets killing you? your outnubered, unless they are scrubs you should die. i you cant mitigate enough damage with vigor, rally shuffle, an oll dodge, then that is a l2p issue. try using los also. try blocking. i mean every other stam build does great with these tools.

just feed more if ou want t keep using it. ther are usually npc between keeps and what not. or you can gank feed. there are work arounds.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*melts to focus fire*

so your complaining about multiple tagets killing you? your outnubered, unless they are scrubs you should die. i you cant mitigate enough damage with vigor, rally shuffle, an oll dodge, then that is a l2p issue. try using los also. try blocking. i mean every other stam build does great with these tools.

just feed more if ou want t keep using it. ther are usually npc between keeps and what not. or you can gank feed. there are work arounds.

There is no reason you should always die because you are outnumbered (several class/race combos are offered that viability). You can't mitigate focus fire from 3+ targets on a stam sorc and then be able to fight back, except some instances with werewolf. It isn't possible to do. I'm full gold heavy, almost 500cp, stacking every available defensive trait and heal and blocking, 2k-4k health regen depending on damage stack, and using LoS. It can't be done.

I've been playing this game for 2 years, it's not a learn to play issue because learning to play is just rerolling (and yeah I've done that).

Gtfo
    Praise Malacath.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*melts to focus fire*

There is no reason you should always die because you are outnumbered (several class/race combos are offered that viability). You can't mitigate focus fire from 3+ targets on a stam sorc and then be able to fight back, except some instances with werewolf. It isn't possible to do. I'm full gold heavy, almost 500cp, stacking every available defensive trait and heal and blocking, 2k-4k health regen depending on damage stack, and using LoS. It can't be done.

I've been playing this game for 2 years, it's not a learn to play issue because learning to play is just rerolling (and yeah I've done that).

Gtfo

You have to be good to 1vx and be playing against lower quality players. Also, a tank setup is not going to 1vx anything. Not even the best 1vx players can 1vx players that know what they are doing. They all admit as much. Further, each of them have demonstrated that each class has the capabilities to 1vx. Sure some classes are better thannothers, but all classes should not be able to do the same things at the same level. Some are going to be better in different situations than others.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*melts to focus fire*

Gtfo

You have to be good to 1vx and be playing against lower quality players. Also, a tank setup is not going to 1vx anything. Not even the best 1vx players can 1vx players that know what they are doing. They all admit as much. Further, each of them have demonstrated that each class has the capabilities to 1vx. Sure some classes are better thannothers, but all classes should not be able to do the same things at the same level. Some are going to be better in different situations than others.

Why should all classes not be a leader to handle all situations at the same level in their own unique way? There is no justification for that. Player vs player combat has a finite set of combat situations, every class should have the utilities to handle each of them in their own fighting style.

I have 1vX'd just fine in a tank setup in the past until this gap closer snare BS was put in. Since then it's been a *** show.

These pretty much just sound like excuses to continue justifying the damage stack instant kill meta because players are too lazy to engage in more dynamic combat.
    Edited by Cathexis on June 5, 2016 12:46AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*melts to focus fire*

Gtfo

Why should all classes not be a leader to handle all situations the same in their own unique way? There is no justification for that.

I have 1vX'd just fine in a tank setup in the past until this gap closer snare BS was put in. Since then it's been a *** show.

These pretty much just sound like excuses to continue justifying the damage stack instant kill meta because players are too lazy to engage in more dynamic combat.

Have you not seen the tank guys running around pvp? Blazing shield people. Shield users. Dk tanks. Etc.you can build for it especially with changes to heavy.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*melts to focus fire*

Gtfo

Why should all classes not be a leader to handle all situations the same in their own unique way? There is no justification for that.

Have you not seen the tank guys running around pvp? Blazing shield people. Shield users. Dk tanks. Etc.you can build for it especially with changes to heavy.

I promise you, it's a waste of time for a stam sorc.
    Edited by Cathexis on June 5, 2016 8:31AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steps to 1vx as stamplar/stam better ish.
    1. Keep vigor up
    2. Restoring focus
    3. Purge dots
    4. Jab things

Honestly I'm not to sure why you are using mist form, or want to stay in stage 1 vamp. You only get your regen passives in stage 2 or higher.. And Undeath in stage 3+, plus your ulti lowered fully in 4.
    Stage 4 is the ultimate goal IMHO.

Then again I don't know what you are trying to achieve. If you wanna pm me to go over details here or in game my @ name is the same.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Sethro_27
    Sethro_27
    ✭✭
    They need more skills less buffs n debuffs. Flame by 5 and skill by 3. Health recovry shouldnt be debuffed if so lil less 1\4th uur norm ? You better be stacked.
    I *** slap harder than you punch.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stamina templars have a good toolbox for survival AND damage. Jabs is your bread and butter offense, but I recommend carrying a two handed weapon. If you have a couple mobs attacking you, use brawler (morph of cleave, first 2h ability). This nifty attack is a conal aoe, a bleed, and a damage shield.

If you use brawler and a heavy attack, you are fine on stamina and more enemies actually means more survivability!

Rally, morph if momentum (last 2h ability) is also great. Not only does it give you a 20% boost to damage, but also a heal tick every second for 30 plus seconds, and in an emergency you can activate it again for a heal based on how long it has been running. Think dragons blood on steroids!

Another big help is vigor, from the alliance war skill tree (assault). While this ability takes some pvping to do, it is insanely powerful outside cyro (5k ticks, 6 if them in 5 seconds? ;) ). I'd recommend resolving vigor as a morph for stronger heals, but if you play with buddies a lot echoing vigor is good too!

My main dps is an imperial stamplar (soon to be vamp), don't fret! It is possible to face tank most damage coming your way and pull good dps with a little practice!

EDIT: I read a bit and am wondering if this was for pvp or pve? Of for pvp (pve is outlined above), drop restoring focus first thing every battle. Armor and damage mit, plus increased heals makes a BIG difference.

Second, templars have some interesting resources for AvA. You may contemplate respeccing repentance to aura, 30% buff to all regen is huge (for ultimate win, be s bosmer xD). Pin people down with binding javelin, less time you're trying to land a jab is going to mean quicker melting. Also, purifying is a godsend. It can even be an emergency caltrops with the new sacred ground passive.

PvP is in a bad way right now. Such a huge focus on damage and numbers, rather than smart tactics. That said, the more you rock it in any situation (pve or pvp) the better you get. Stick with it.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on June 5, 2016 4:47PM
  • KingDuncanVII
    KingDuncanVII
    ✭✭✭
    Because there is no stam based shield, mist form is a crucial part of my build. That means I can only cast it 36 times per battle max before I have to go feed.

Under the Undaunted skill line, there is a Stam-Based shield called Bone Shield and with the DB DLC it will work against Physical and Spell attacks.
    Playstation 4 - North American Server - Aldmeri Dominion - Champion Rank 430
    Magicka Altmer Nightblade | - Champion
    Magicka Regaurd Templar | - Champion
    Stamina Khajiit Nightblade | - Champion
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G

Under the Undaunted skill line, there is a Stam-Based shield called Bone Shield and with the DB DLC it will work against Physical and Spell attacks.

Stam shield was reverted.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no stam shield, people cried too much.
    Praise Malacath.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's great now. undeath, supernatural recovery, and dark stalker are very strong.
    vamp abilities are pvp-only
    if you want to run flame-heavy pve content, just feed yourself to stage 1 and stay there for a long, long time.
    if you want to go back to stage 4, use abilities

the downsides to vamp are really only fighters' guild abilities (and tbh that almost only means DoS) and you having to commit if you want to use vamp abilities. but if you want to, you need stage 4 (and currently a fix for the cost reduction passive) anyway to be effective.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others