The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Redguard light armor appearance changes. Cannot seem to find an answer anywhere.

aikiseanlpb14_ESO
aikiseanlpb14_ESO
Soul Shriven
I'm trying to figure out when and why ZOS decided to change the appearance of redguard light from this http://imgur.com/w1II0rJ , to this http://imgur.com/pOFbOfc . Anyone remember?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that even the same motif?
    It's the char creation screen too so just wondering why you're asking?
    (How does this impact you)
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly right now it looks better on males with the exception of the helmet, the old one is way prettier.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't bring up these painful memories. ESO went ahead with the changes in-spite of a chorus of opposition to them at the time. The motif went from being one of the most sort after base styles in the game, to the ugly, mis-matched one today that no one uses.

What apparently happened was that people complained about the original redguard floating epaulets/armour/arm cops, and as a result development completely and utterly destroyed the entire motif.

What they should have done was fix the actual problem with the style, and add another motif (it wouldn't have been hard, after all we have ~4 orc themed motifs now), but... Well I'm going to stop now before I get a headache trying to figure out their reasons for this again.

Best buried in the past.

Edited by Rev Rielle on May 31, 2016 11:10PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • aikiseanlpb14_ESO
    aikiseanlpb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Is that even the same motif?
    It's the char creation screen too so just wondering why you're asking?
    (How does this impact you)

Well, on the creation screen it shows what your character may look like top tier, based on your race if you use said race's motif. The first one is from launch. The other is current. How it effects me is just mostly curiosity but I had started a character back at launch and had taken it this direction with my own little back story in my head. I put the game down for a bit because I had my first kid. When I came back, I was just bummed that it had changed is all. My main is clothier and I confirmed this is what the top tier redguard now looks like.
  • aikiseanlpb14_ESO
    aikiseanlpb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Man, if the implication was its to sexy for those styles - what would this mean? To racial?! A people who inhabit the desert cannot look like this because it was perhaps considered stereotypical? Boy I hope not.
  • aikiseanlpb14_ESO
    aikiseanlpb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    Honestly right now it looks better on males with the exception of the helmet, the old one is way prettier.

Yeah, honestly it was the helm I was specifically bummed about.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC it was more about gender specific items, and not wanting to have them, so the entire motif was redone to make it more gender neutral instead of lady clothes.

& you can still get the bare midriff with skirt look wearing a bosmer top & daedric skirt combo
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }