The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Item Request Small bags that fit inside inventory and take 1 spot when filled.

Anazasi
Anazasi
✭✭✭✭✭
I know new patch / some broken stuff who wants to read a new idea, right...Well as we can all see the new crafting bag is pretty cool and especially nice for all those mats so why cant we have a small chest or bag that will hold gear sets. Something with a max storage of 12 that we can label so we are able to organize our gear better. Doesn't have to be fancy or complicated just a 12 slot baggy we can fill up and then store for later use.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to be able to group things into containers similar to the craft writ rewards or the sealed urn you get at the beginning of the game. It would certainly be a way of dealing with bag-space issues while perhaps not being quite as convenient as the craft bag (assuming things in these sub-bags/containers would not show up in the crafting interface). It would definitely make things feel more organized in your bag.

I’d love to be able to group stuff together that I want to give to another one of my characters and then put a little bag for them in the bank to take out, rather than scanning through everything for the individual items each time.

It would be especially handy if you could trade them to someone else so that if I craft someone a new outfit I could bundle their things up in one container and mail or trade that, instead of having to send two mails because you can only attach 6 items, or open the trade menu with them multiple times because you can only trade 5 at once.
  • megnin
    megnin
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'd love to be able to bundle gear sets into "urns" or some such container.
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why most people now on all their toons, have at least 160-200 bag slots, and with the new DLC will have almost 75% empty.

so what u purpose is not realistic.
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wooden boxes, leather bags and metal trunks as new crafted item perhaps....?

Although, how would these things work with the bag space limit? Would they show up as one item, automatically expanding your inventory? Or would they take up the same number of slots, so that an 8 item bag would reduce your overall inventory by 8 when carried, regardless of what was in it?

And, is responding to a post with nothing but questions the new meta?
  • Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »
    Wooden boxes, leather bags and metal trunks as new crafted item perhaps....?

Although, how would these things work with the bag space limit? Would they show up as one item, automatically expanding your inventory? Or would they take up the same number of slots, so that an 8 item bag would reduce your overall inventory by 8 when carried, regardless of what was in it?

And, is responding to a post with nothing but questions the new meta?

I think your 2nd idea is reasonable, but not what the OP intended. Would be really cool to have all my secondary gear show up as 1 item, even if it took up the same number of slots
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first I was like, why? Some way to separate sets would be great! Just because they all say Jerkin doesn't mean I want them grouped together.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    And if you could then just put a bag in a bag...
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Container request. Makes sense cause vendors sale us items wrapped or locked up and we can loot things too.

Perhaps it could be an new crafting thing
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    It would be especially handy if you could trade them to someone else so that if I craft someone a new outfit I could bundle their things up in one container and mail or trade that, instead of having to send two mails because you can only attach 6 items, or open the trade menu with them multiple times because you can only trade 5 at once.

This. So annoying to have to send multiple mails because there are 9 or 10 items of equipment and you can only fit 6 in one mail. Sometimes I have people panic that they're going to get ripped off because I've only sent "half" of the stuff they asked for.

I try to split things up by set, and send one mail as soon as I leave the first crafting station, and then another mail once I'm ready to leave the second crafting station. But sometimes people have more complicated orders (e.g. the same set at multiple levels), or want three sets mixed rather than two, or want both equipment and glyphs, which requires me to switch between two of my characters. It would be so awesome to be able to bundle everything into a single bag or urn for trading/mailing.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been asking for the since will before the ESO+ crafting bags were announced

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/162693/limited-bags-crafting-bags-encumbrance-concepts/p1
    Gidorick wrote: »
    In light if the controversy the unlimited crafting bags for ESO+ members seems to be causing I thought it would be nice to re-visit this concept. I personally believe that the below concept for "Crafting Material Bags" could work in conjunction WITH the announced bags and would give non-ESO+ members the options they desire. The below "No-Restriction Inventory Bags" would also be able to be used by ESO+ members to increase their non-crafting inventory space.

Inventory continues to be an issue in ESO, but this doesn’t mean that everyone can’t be given an opportunity to benefit from a few items that could be added to the crown store.

The general rule for bags are as follows:
    • Will consume one inventory space.
    • Cannot contain other bags.
    • Can be moved between the Bank and Inventory while full.
    • Cannot be sold to or traded to another player.
    • Cannot be "destroyed" unless they are completely empty.
    • Should be able to name bags for easy reference and organization.
    • Right clicking items in a bag and selecting "Remove From Bag" would place the bag back into the main inventory.
    • Backpacks should be able to be equipped if desired, creating a visible backpack on the character model. This could be accomplished by allowing backpacks to be equipped in the costume slot OR in the accessory slot as described HERE

Bag Suggestions
    • No-Restriction Inventory Bags: These bags provide a set number of inventory spaces. These bags should, by default, fall under the Miscellaneous Category and maybe players should be allowed to "assign" a category to the bag so that the bag appears in that inventory tab. Buying more than one of these bags will give the player multiple bags. These are not Character Bound.
      1. Large Backpack (2000 Crowns): Provides 30 Inventory Spaces
      2. Medium Backpack (1500 Crowns): Provides 25 inventory spaces
      3. Small Backpack (1000 Crowns): Provides 20 inventory spaces
      4. Heavy Sack (750 Crowns): Provides 15 inventory spaces
      5. Sack (500 Crowns): Provides 10 inventory spaces
      6. Small Sack (250 Crowns): Provides 5 inventory spaces
    • Lock-Boxes: These little portable lock-boxes are for players who would like a way to prevent themselves from accidentally selling or deconstructing items. Placing an item in a lockbox will keep it safe! Buying more than one of these boxes will simply increase the total inventory available in the box. These are Character bound.
      1. Locked Box (1000 Crowns): Provides 10 inventory spaces
      2. Locked Purse (500 Crowns): Provides 5 inventory spaces
    • Thieves Bags:These inventory bags can only accept items that are stolen and not yet laundered. Buying more than one of these bags will simply increase the total inventory available in the bag. These bags are account bound. Empty bags can be placed in the bank.
      • Bag of Holding (1000 Crowns): Provides players with a 20 space inventory bag. When a player steals an item, and there is room in the bag, the newly stolen item is automatically placed into the bag of holding. The maximum number of spaces should be quite large. Perhaps even as much as 100 spaces.
      • Burglar's Bounty (2000 Crowns): Provides players with a 5 space bag. Placing an item in this bag will prevent the item from being taken if stopped by a guard. Max number of space should be large, but not as large as the Bag of Holding. Perhaps 25 spaces.
    • Crafting Material Bags: These bags have enough spaces to hold one stack of every type of material for the specific craft. Only the specific craft’s materials can be placed within the corresponding bag and those materials should automatically be placed into the bag if picked up while the player has the bag in their possession.
      1. Alchemist Satchel (1500 Crowns)
      2. Blacksmith’s Haversack (1500 Crowns)
      3. Clothier’s Tote (1500 Crowns)
      4. Enchanter’s Purse (1500 Crowns)
      5. Provisioner’s Knapsack (1500 Crowns)
      6. Woodworker’s Duffel (1500 Crowns)
    • Fisherman's Tackle (1500 Crowns): Provides enough room to carry a stack of each type of bait and a stack of each type of available fish. Fishing materials should automatically be placed into the bag if picked up while the player has the bag in their possession. (a nod goes to @Tommy1979AtWar for this concept)

Over-Encumbrance: This new inventory mechanic will allow players to pick up MORE than their inventory space permits. This allows players to temporarily over-burden themselves so they are not strictly limited to their inventory space. Since Over-Encumbrance only occurs when a player exceeds the number of inventory spaces they have available, players are able to purchase bags and immediately relieve themselves of their Over-Encumbered status.

There are three stages of Over-Encumbrance. Players are only prompted of their Over-Encumbrance during the third stage, Heavily Over-Encumbered.
    • Slightly Encumbered
      • Players who are carrying up to 5 more items than their inventory allows
      • Players cannot use “go to”
      • Paying to travel to a Wayshrine costs 5X more than normal and players can use Wayshrines.
      • Player default speed is the normal running speed. If players press the sprint button they will spring but will receive the prompt “You are Slightly Encumbered”
      • Players can use their mounts normally
    • Moderately Encumbered
      • Players who are carrying up to 6-10 more items than their inventory allows
      • Players cannot use “go to”;
      • Paying to travel to a Wayshrine costs 10X more than normal and players can use Wayshrines.
      • Players default speed is reduced to walking speed. If they press the sprint button they will run, consume stamina, and will receive the prompt “You are Moderately Encumbered”.
      • Players can use their mounts, but cannot sprint. They can run normally and if they try to sprint they receive the prompt “You are Moderately Encumbered”.
    • Heavily Encumbered
      • Players who are carrying 11-15 more items than their inventory allows
      • Players cannot use “go to”,
      • Players cannot pay to travel to a Wayshrine, but can still use Wayshrines.
      • Player speed is reduced to walking speed. Players cannot run and if they try to run faster wish the sprint key, they will receive the prompt “You are Heavily Encumbered”.
      • Players can use their mounts. Mount speed is reduced to walking speed and cannot sprint. If they try to sprint they will move at regular running speed and will consume stamina. They will also receive the prompt “You are Heavily Encumbered”.
    • Greatly Encumbered
      • Players who are carrying 16-20 more items than their inventory allows
      • Players cannot use “go to”, cannot pay to travel to a Wayshrine, or use a Wayshrine.
      • Player speed is completely removed. If they try to move they receive the message "You are Greatly Encumbered." Players cannot sprint or run normally, but they can walk by using the sprint key. They will also receive the prompt “You are Greatly Encumbered”.
      • Players can use their mounts. Mount speed is reduced to walking speed and cannot sprint. If they try to sprint they receive the prompt “You are Greatly Encumbered”.
    • Over-Encumbered
      • Players who are carrying 20-25 more items than their inventory allows
      • Players cannot use “go to”, cannot pay to travel to a Wayshrine, or use a Wayshrine.
      • Player speed is completely removed. Players cannot sprint, run normally, or walk. They cannot move normally, or by sprinting. If they try, they will receive the prompt “You are Over-Encumbered”. Players are stuck right where they are.
      • Players can use their mounts. Mount speed is reduced to walking speed and cannot sprint. As they walk, they will consume stamina and they will recieve the message "You are Over Encumbered." If they try to sprint they just receive the message “You are Over Encumbered.".

This might be simpler in chart format.
    OC2IwZO.png

Potions for Over-Encumbrance
    • Potions of Feather: These potions allow a player who is over-encumbered to alleviate the symptoms of being burdened. ZOS could include these as craftable items or purchasable through the Crown Store. Potions can be stacked so a player who is Heavily Encumbered can use one Bargain potion and one Cheap potion to relieve their Encumbrance. If a player uses more than one potion of the same quality they increase the duration of the potion.
      1. Bargain Potion of Feather: Relieve one level of over-encumbrance for 10 minutes
      2. Cheap Potion of Feather: Relieves two levels of over-encumbrance for 10 minutes.
      3. Quaity Potion of Feather: Relieves three levels of over-encumbrance for 10 minutes.
      4. Advanced Potion of Feather: Relieves four levels of over-encumbrance for 10 minutes.
      5. Superior Potion of Feather: Relieves five levels of over-encumbrance for 10 minutes.
      6. Exclusive Potion of Feather: Relieves ALL levels of over-encumbrance for 5 minutes.

I believe these additions will give players what they desire, more inventory, while providing ZOS with another means for revenue. Thoughts?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if you could then just put a bag in a bag...

I don't think this bag-caption should be allowed @ContraTempo :wink:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!