The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Desire for Immersive Advantages/Disadvantages, Being a Vampire, Werewolf or Humanoid

Ethromelb14_ESO
Ethromelb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I would like to see cooler advantages available for being a Werewolf or Vampire, to represent the greater threat that supernaturals should be. I do understand that there are story-lines that are already scripted to automatically make certain specie types enemies, but that is the point of my wish list. Unique to the player's experience will be how easy the mission may or may not have been for the type of character being played. This is no different than a vampire in a party having to do a dungeon that is entirely made-up of fire and lava; compared to the experience they might have had if they did the missions as a human. I would also like to see little added perks, like WW and V players take no fall damage because they are not human. Hopefully this introduction was clear.

Note: The innate advantage of not being attacked by a similar species would be a PvE feature, and only would be effective against those types that are NOT part of a story-line faction, i.e. Montclair's vampires, vampires that are controlled by another npc, Faolchu, werewolves controlled by Faolchu, Dark Brotherhood vampires or werewolves, so on and so on. This way there is no danger of breaking any story-line challenges already scripted to be opposing.

The innate advantages for being a vampire among other vampires (feral or not), would be receiving no aggro unless enemies have been provoked. If provocation has been established, a vampire would receive significantly less, to no damage from npc vampire types for being considered one of them; but if a vampire is among npc werewolves, they receive more damage, and are susceptible to a temporary debilitating SUPERNATURAL disease. This supernatural disease (maybe call it Savage Claws) allows WW to negate 500 physical resistance, and increases their physical damage by 250, and increases by +10 per enemy attacking them. This disease remains active for the duration of combat with a player werewolf or npc werewolves, and represents a werewolf's combat savagery.

The same innate advantages and disadvantages stand for Werewolves, too, which will not receive aggro from other werewolves, unless provoked. Werewolves and humanoids among vampires can be bled. This represents a vampire's need to sate their lack of health recovery, and so acquire it minutely through combat. This innate advantage could be named Insatiable, and cause 10 seconds worth of bleed dmg, 200 increase to health recovery, and a bonus of +50 to health recovery per each enemy attacking.

Attack Advantages and Disadvantages:

Vampire to Humanoids and Werewolves - causes bleeding damage for 100 magicka dmg per sec for 10 sec on a single target, lowering their prey's health recovery by 200 while giving the vampire a +200 per sec to regenerative healing during combat, on humanoids and werewolves. This innate "Insatiable" will also offer a further +50 to HR for each enemy attacking the vampire player.

Humanoid to Vampire - the use of warding weapons, fire weapons, and AoE healing lowers a vampire's magicka damage by 150 for 10 seconds, for a 10 second cool down before being able to have this advantage re-applied. This innate ability could be noted as "Unholy Awareness", and further places a -50 to a vampire's magicka damage for each vampire enemy attacking them.

Werewolf to Humanoids and Vampires - causes a negation of physical resistance by 500 on a single target, and savagely increases their physical attack by 250 on that highlighted target, with a further +10 for each enemy attacking the werewolf player.

Humanoid to Werewolf - the use of silver weapons, poison weapons, and AoE CC abilities lower a werewolf's maximum stamina by 150 for 10 seconds, for a 10 second cool down before being able to have this advantage re-applied. This innate ability could be noted as "Unholy Awareness", and further places a -50 to a werewolf's stamina for each werewolf enemy attacking them.

I understand that there are already changes being set in motion with the PTS going on and such, but this is just a suggestion for future installments, or at least something to consider - not immediate. Such an added feature to gameplay would also alleviate those never-ending 1-on-1 battles where a player is dealing massive amounts of damage, only to have the opponent be a healer, that can heal massive amounts of damage. It would also make fights more dynamic and immersive. Most of us are not afraid to try new things, and hopefully this would be no exception.

This is not a "written-in-stone-proposal", but rather my idea of how to make my gaming experience better for me, and anyone that feels there's something missing, as I do. So details like descriptions and numbers can be changed ... obviously. Thanks for reading, and can we please keep the comments/replies cordial?
Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
  • Goddess_Ezra
    Goddess_Ezra
    Soul Shriven
    Me personally I don't think the Werewolves need anymore 'advantages'. I think that they have enough. This is well written and very well thought out though. I think the werewolves are some of the easiest characters in the game to use.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wish that certain NPCs recognised and commented on your undead/were status. Going through Rivenspire quests playing a vampire was a bit disappointing, especially when you first visit Castle Ravenwatch. I don't want whole new questlines or the entire dialogue rewritten, but just a couple of altered dialogue lines here and there (so that for example a vampire NPC who is central to a zone main quest recognises that you are a vampire and reacts accordingly with like 1 line of dialogue and a different option for a player response in the dialogue) would be really great.
    Edited by Epona222 on June 8, 2016 3:49AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would be happy too if more npcs and quests would recognize the player as a vamp or wolf. sometimes it gets right down silly.