The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

trueflame na pc

pcar944
pcar944
✭✭✭✭
just so its clear, I'm not salty or complaining, and stuff I say in chat is usually bug/combat related, on occasion put someone in place, but this isn't about that

I am playing on DC side. I have finished Silver and Gold twice since I started playing in January of this year, and I find DC story to be the most fun - so all my characters are DC at the moment/ I have 2 v16's and a baby DK I'm leveling in TrueFlame. I mostly play solo, on occasion will join friends. Generally ganking, or going where small groups need help. I do ok for playing solo.

What I have noticed is this animosity from DC towards EP. Every time I log on someone wants to hit Chalamo, and I understand its because AD barely poses a threat. Its only natural that EP will send a full zerg, or two, to retake a resource that got capped by 4-5 DC.

With that said, does EP really need to send an entire raid, or two? Example was when both EP and AD - guilds - pushed DC all the way to the door over the weekend - I happened to be heading back, no ability to port - so I was riding my camel back around ways of Warden on my lvl 19 DK, I see 3 EP going towards the LM - so I choose to ignore them - then I notice that they are not attacking the resource - they are using RANGED ATTACKS to get 1 of the guards to follow them, kill the guard, and then get the next one? that's just unacceptable. So I head back around to the flag, and now I'm fighting 3 EP that are VET 16. Lo-and-behild here comes a FULL raid off the wall.

Like come on, does it really need to be like that? I know you guys are pop locked almost 24/7, I think the entire campaign playerbase by now knows. When you do stuff like this, you are destroying ANY kind of small scale PVP that even has a CHANCE to happen in this game.

That brings me to the other issue. The lack of Veterans of Cyrodil supporing new players coming in. There are always fights over what to do when get pushed. DC is really terrible at the moment at getting organized and making a push when need to, that includes bringing FC"s or even letting people in the world know what they are doing with their group. That's fine. But some knowledge is better shared without yelling.

New player is not going to now not to stand on flag - so the tower can get destroyed. Or not to stand on a lower ledge so enemy DK can leap on top of it. Or the fact that if we hold Glade, the gates stay closed and enemy can't get our scrolls. Or whatever else. Share this knowledge. No reason to yell or call names.

There just seems to be a HUGE gap between skills and population. For what its worth, DC manages OK. But it would be nice if some of you EP guys relaxed a little bit. You don't need to PV-door us every time we log off. We already know you guys are pop locked. And you vet guys, take a moment and explain stuff to people instead of yelling and calling people names.

And maybe one more thing, this is seriously longer then I wanted. but for gankers - please learn how to gank. Go watch Zergbad on Twitch or something. Ganking someone on their hose is funny, I like doing that myself, but if you see me use my reflective scales - you should KNOW not to use a ranged attack. And if you do, you better hope I don't have my Leap charged up.

I've met some nice people on both sides, I have snuk into entire EP zerg before, came out of stealth, and wasn't attacked by anyone. I have also being rand down by myself by big organized groups, even when I am holding block and not using any of my skills or buffs - because I know I am way outnumbered and don't stand a chance.

Please stop taking everything so seriously, stop killing small scale PVP. That includes duels. Some of them are set up WAY out of normal routes. Let people have SOME fun. You know you can get that entire map back whenever you want anyway.
One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game wasn't advertised to have "small scale" PvP combat. It was supposed to have massive battles with tons of players. I love small scale pvp, trust me. Small fights where you're forced to rely on your own individual skill are a lot more rewarding to me than the ones where 50 players are spamming one aoe repeatedly. But that's just not how it is. Maybe one day arenas will come out, and you will get some small scale, instanced pvp. But for now, you're just gonna have to deal with it..
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive been playing solo, I just leveled my Mag DK in 2 weeks in Trueflame from lvl 18 to 50 and got AR13

its been fun, learned a lot

just need to stop caring about gankers and zergs, almost don't care when that happens

but the game is buggy as hell
    One Tamriel killed PVP

• Lord-Stien
    Lord-Stien
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest..... Most Vet DC.. feel like once the new guys get to know the game... they will leave..

And yes we are eliteist.. so when you do something stupid, we are going to trash yo about it ...

and furthermore... ZERGBAD will not be around much longer... and not that great of a player.. he is on account number 2 or 3 so far .... he keeps getting banned for harassment..

If you really want to learn... you got to prove it to the Veteran DC guilds.. Look up Heart of Daggerfall( Now named Iron Legion), or Arkadian Knights.... Both really good DC guilds who train people the right way to PVP via small scale or large format..

All in all.. you got to prove that you want to learn in order for the more skilled guys to teach you ..
    Sometimes the real enemy are the one who moderate it.

BannHammer

PVP Officer

Alliance Cord

When in doubt, frag out

Heart of Daggerfall-=Iron Legion=- Founding Member

The one and only LordSteindeath
  • PosternHouse
    PosternHouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been DC for 2 years and I've never seem the Aleswell-Chalman corridor so quiet. I wonder why lol.
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can see and respect that

all my 4 characters are DC

here to stay

got invited to a few PVP guilds in TF but I didn't know who was good, and decided to keep guild slot open until I learn more
    One Tamriel killed PVP

• Lord-Stien
    Lord-Stien
    ✭✭✭
    Mail @StienDeath in Game , I can show you a real PVP guild.
    Sometimes the real enemy are the one who moderate it.

BannHammer

PVP Officer

Alliance Cord

When in doubt, frag out

Heart of Daggerfall-=Iron Legion=- Founding Member

The one and only LordSteindeath
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it wasn't for lag and a terrible bombard meta, this would've been one of the best campaign cycles since 1.6.
    It's going to come right down to the wire!
    'Chaos
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    wish my mDK was worth its weight, sadly

but its been OK this campaign, much better then last 2-3

still see lots of EP relog to their AD toons and you know who gets the short end of the stick, though it happens a lot less now
    One Tamriel killed PVP

• maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pcar944 wrote: »
    wish my mDK was worth its weight, sadly

but its been OK this campaign, much better then last 2-3

still see lots of EP relog to their AD toons and you know who gets the short end of the stick, though it happens a lot less now

Since an Oceanic EP guild re-rolled yellow, we're beginning to see lots of yellows come out of the forests. AD at Oceanic time can be 3 bars to pop-locked these days with one massive zerg running. Where were all of you AD last campaign? It's evident you had the population before the red guild moved to yellow.
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm DC and hardly ever pop locked, even w 2-3 bars, still see same people defending/sieging, so suspect a lot are in IC/Sewers?
    One Tamriel killed PVP

• PosternHouse
    PosternHouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Chaos wrote: »
    If it wasn't for lag and a terrible bombard meta, this would've been one of the best campaign cycles since 1.6.
    It's going to come right down to the wire!

Yeah, it's been competitive even with DC and EP mostly ignoring each other. Good campaign, but Bombard is cancer.