The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Incoming Supernatural Gapclosers

• Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone wants to see the video just search for the OP's name on youtube, this is funny ***, clearly they don't know what's going on with their own game (just look at the glassdoor reviews) , do they hire a new coder every week or something?
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this game.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    I wonder.. What happens if you are on outer wall in a keep, while I'm on the inner wall at the same keep, and we both use crit charge at the same time? Will we meet mid-air and fight ? :trollface:

A Dragonball Z style fight will ensue! Don't forget to power up first!
    The name is Snape. Full time Banana fighting for his Queen and Country. Favourite hobby; killing the cowardly Covenant and Pact infidels threat.

Predominantly PVP based player running various characters. Mostly Magicka Templar, Magicka Sorcerer and Stamina Templar.

Proud Right-Hand Man of The Saints Knights and Sergeant-At-Arms of The Yellow Army.
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cough.. So does anyone not enjoying new gap closers? Cause I DO :^)
    1082131208.gif
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not! :D
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    I'm not! :D

No way :o
    large.gif
  • moiraleafcull
    moiraleafcull
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert Will this exploit be dealt with by temp bans or perma bans?

Much like "exploit" is apparently a synonym for "bug"
    "Perma ban" is apparently a synonym for "temp bans"

@moiraleafcull == 551+ Champion
    Daggerfall Covenant: Moira Leafcull - Temp AR 27 | Fara Nightsky - NB AR 6
    Proud to wear the tabards of Daggerfall Pride and LoM

• BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus Christ macaroni they are slow. I think a regular character with movement speed buffs and sprint might actually be faster than the speed of the gap closer. The good news is that you can't cast any abilities and get beat on the entire time you're feebly hobbling towards your opponent. [/sarcasm font]
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    If they start banning for gapclosing :D

Guys its a bug and a fun one of that. Imo exploit is when you find a hole in a system that is set correctly and should be fail-proof.
    Bug is when something is just broken from the start and in every possible way. And this is so clearly just broken.
    How it went pass internal testing or PTS is beyond me.
    And about not showing others how to use it: it is so basic everyone will find it on their own. Thats another sign this is a bug - it doesent require any special process to achieve. It given to everyone :D I actually went to Natch Potes again to check if its not actually intended.

Im kinda glad we have it tough :) Its a fun feature, so @Wrobel @ZOS_JessicaFolsom consider making it an "intentional" change.

So my main point: After week or so (that is standard window for fixing priority bugs) dont dare to ban people for having fun with a bug u clearly dont give a damn about.

For now I promise I will restrain myself and my guildmates from using it anymore, now that I know your toughs on the matter for that time.

But you cant expect people to ignore a feature so fun that you introduced yourself and are leaving in the game even tough you know is there and say its an "exploit" for 3 months till you come around to fixing it in 2.5.5

Hope fixing team is hard on work :)
    Best wishes.
    Edited by Tillalarrien on June 3, 2016 6:08AM
    Valkynaz of the Daedric Order
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Guys its a bug and a fun one of that. Imo exploit is when you find a hole in a system that is set correctly and should be fail-proof.
    Bug is when something is just broken from the start and in every possible way. And this is so clearly just broken.
    And about not showing others how to use it: it is so basic everyone will find it on their own. Thats another sign this is a bug - it doesent require any special process to achieve. It given to everyone :D I actually went to Natch Potes again to check if its not actually intended.

Im kinda glad we have it tough :) Its a fun feature, so @Wrobel @ZOS_JessicaFolsom consider making it an "intentional" change.

So my main point: After week or so (that is standard window for fixing priority bugs) dont dare to ban people for having fun with a bug u clearly dont give a damn about.

For now I promise I will restrain myself and my guildmates from using it anymore, now that I know your toughs on the matter for that time.

But you cant expect people to ignore a feature so fun that you introduced yourself and are leaving in the game even tough you know is there and say its an "exploit" for 3 months till you come around to fixing it in 2.5.5

Best wishes.

What even is that bug you are talking about? Aside from occasionally being unable to activate charges at all, they work exactly as described in the patch notes.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Best wishes.

What even is that bug you are talking about? Aside from occasionally being unable to activate charges at all, they work exactly as described in the patch notes.

Probably about possibility of getting on outer wall by just standing under it and targeting someone standing on it with gap closer? Or jumping from outer wall up to inner wall? Or jumping thorugh the wall by targeting someone inside through those silly windows? I dont know.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »

Best wishes.

Probably about possibility of getting on outer wall by just standing under it and targeting someone standing on it with gap closer? Or jumping from outer wall up to inner wall? Or jumping thorugh the wall by targeting someone inside through those silly windows? I dont know.

Definitely saw some NBs ambushing up the outer wall with ease.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    sadownik wrote: »

Best wishes.

Definitely saw some NBs ambushing up the outer wall with ease.

Yup my lotus fan gets me up there with ease, so does crit rush on my dk, hell knowing this i was extra careful with placing my catapult during defense an still some dk managed to get me... perhaps by targeting my cata not me? Is it possible? Didnt test that one.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after all the attempts(and fails) to stop peeps getting into keeps without sieging they do this lol
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is just a joke right now, not even worth to try with all this new features :)
    62254992.jpg
    Edited by Jaybe_Mawfaka on June 3, 2016 2:25PM
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Best wishes.

Exactly as described in the patch notes huh?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmGwO08etDE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOBXxZ6tbzU
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And despite this post demonstrating you can fly in a keep using crit rush, the only thing they fixed in the patch is teleport strike. Sorry nightblades. I guess it is only an exploit to NB's now that we have received official word from Zenimax that teleport strike is the only ability they are concerned about in regards to this. I take it as a tacit agreement from ZOS that crit rushing and dragon leaping up walls are completely acceptable. Otherwise, they would have fixed it right?

... @Wrobel @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gj zenimax
    Edited by Jaybe_Mawfaka on July 8, 2016 8:11PM
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw a Temp get up on the wall with toppling charge last night. Still broken...
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now it's not a Dragonknight-only feature anymore. Balance achieved.
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So check the date of this thread and read the comments below again. People were saying that You HAVE TO fix this as fast as possible, that this problem SHOULD NOT be on the Live servers. Now instead of fixing the gamebreaking stuff you decided to ban people who are using your own implemented mechanics? ARE YOU SERIOUS ZENIMAX? XD
    This is pure gold.

PS: You even unbanned some "permabanned" Cheat Engine users who made top 1 in the Whole World scores on VMA LIKE IT'S NOTHING, just saying. I completely lost to see any sense in what you are keep doing for such a long time.
    At least try to be fair with your community who still has hope in what you are doing and tell us that you have no idea how to fix your own implemented "exploits" or just don't care about pvp in general, because I don't even know what is your real issue.
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I offer people to reread this thread from the beginning and draw your own conclusions about how zenimax does care about the pvp.
    This is such a joke because problems like this will not be fixed by themselves and you still decided to hide it from the majority of players who had no clue yet back in the days. Stop burying yourself
    Edited by Jaybe_Mawfaka on July 8, 2016 8:08PM
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Kind of a hot mess when they knew this was happening months before going live. They can't expect to blame players when they neglected to fix the issue after PTS players pointed out the bugs.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

Much like "exploit" is apparently a synonym for "bug"
    "Perma ban" is apparently a synonym for "temp bans"

It seems that way
  • Fubar8
    Fubar8
    ✭✭
    I personally hate @Jaybe_Mawfaka but He is god damn right. I agree that the way ZOS treat to its pvp players sucks.
  • moiraleafcull
    moiraleafcull
    ✭✭✭
    :#
    cuz you cant delete
    Edited by moiraleafcull on July 19, 2016 7:04PM
    @moiraleafcull == 551+ Champion
    Daggerfall Covenant: Moira Leafcull - Temp AR 27 | Fara Nightsky - NB AR 6
    Proud to wear the tabards of Daggerfall Pride and LoM

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The gap closing nonsense is really the minor part of what went wrong with the "fix" to gap closer charges.

Most of the time they hit whether or not you dodge them, and also they allow certain unscrupulous types to queue attacks mid charge that hit you regardless or range checks. Lastly they have extreme range even though they are supposed to be same range as ambush.

They actually work more often than ambush does now and seeing all these "ubers" blurring around bouncing around the battle field as super speed jokes is just loltastic.
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well nobody trully cares from zenimax about the gamebreaking stuff that is completely killing the game so whatever then.
    The best choice was to hide it from everyone for a month and then start banning people who didn't even know it's not allowed, because it is zeni own "Fix" to begin with.
    Inb4 they will start banning people for using malubeth on dks&templars ( they should lmao )
    Edited by Jaybe_Mawfaka on July 21, 2016 7:43AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well, if you do not use it to jump into keeps, then it is ok
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    well, if you do not use it to jump into keeps, then it is ok
    People will keep doing it until the real fix, not a little post on the forum, it wont fix the bug