The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why Different Crown Prices for Canada?

MissBizz
MissBizz
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So, as I read this thread about how steam is charging more than they should be for customers paying in AUD.. it got me thinking.

AUD and CAD have pretty similar exchange rates. $1 USD is $1.39 AUD, and $1.30 CAD.

Why is it that AUD is given adjusted pricing ($39.99 for 5500 pack, $78 AUD for 6 month sub) and I'm (Canadian) paying $49.99 for 550 crowns, and $95.94 CAD for a 6 month sub?

Is there a law or something I'm missing? I'm just confused as to why CAD isn't also given adjusted pricing.
Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    So, as I read this thread about how steam is charging more than they should be for customers paying in AUD.. it got me thinking.

AUD and CAD have pretty similar exchange rates. $1 USD is $1.39 AUD, and $1.30 CAD.

Why is it that AUD is given adjusted pricing ($39.99 for 5500 pack, $78 AUD for 6 month sub) and I'm (Canadian) paying $49.99 for 550 crowns, and $95.94 CAD for a 6 month sub?

Is there a law or something I'm missing? I'm just confused as to why CAD isn't also given adjusted pricing.

Sssh MissBizz they will jack up the prices on the Australians.

I think it stems from release. At around release the AUD was equal parity to being worth more than the USD for 6-9 months from memory. AUD has fallen they just haven't adjusted prices on PC. On console they are doing the conversion so I'm paying over $55 AUD for the 5500 crown packs.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • boundsy88
    boundsy88
    ✭✭✭
    cause australians have to deal with ping that never goes lower than 230ish
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it stems from release. At around release the AUD was equal parity to being worth more than the USD for 6-9 months from memory. AUD has fallen they just haven't adjusted prices on PC. On console they are doing the conversion so I'm paying over $55 AUD for the 5500 crown packs.

Don't you miss the days where we paid the usd price in our dollar? Aka... $39.99 meant 39.99 anything.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't you miss the days where we paid the usd price in our dollar? Aka... $39.99 meant 39.99 anything.

I think I conducted a one man stimulus package for US retailers with all the online purchases I was making. It all seemed so cheap, loved it.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want to hear what's REALLY sad?
    When the game launched in April 2014:
    $1 = R10.50

Exchange rate to the USD today:
    $1 = R15.65
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The price in CAD seems fine. For me it's 35€ for the 5500 crowns which equals 51 CAD.