The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Bow weapon damage pvp

thomasvaughn21_ESO
What is good bow weapon damage in pvp? And good crit chance for bow in pvp as well?

Also random question what is good physical/spell/crit resistance in pvp..?
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    I've buffed around 3,5k I believe. I use 5 marksman, 2 leki and 4 clever alchemist on my bow bar. On my 2h I use 5 clever alchemist for the potion buff which gives me another 900something weapon dmg. Mundus is serpent.

There might be better gear with higher dmg but this is the most casual friendly. You can just buy or craft it. But I wouldn't underestimate it. The 5 piece marksman bonus was worth about 20% more weapon dmg in my test.

I use impen on most pieces in pvp to reduce the burst peaks. Cps I put in all three. If you can survive ppl's burst you usually can get away somehow and recover.
  • Delegator
    Delegator
    ✭✭✭
    Shoot for around 2900-3000 weapon damage, at least, without the temporary buffs like Alchemist. Like Mauz I run Marksman/Alchemist (my second bar is DW, not 2H). I run with Agility jewelry instead of Leki's, which I can do because my 5-piece alchemist set includes two weapons.

For crit I just take whatever those sets get me. As a Khajit in medium armor with a bow, I'm over 40% crit. No need to boost past that.

As for penetration, I have that as my weapon trait (sharpened) and I boost it via champion points (Piercing). Can never have too much armor penetration in my book. There aren't that many sources of armor penetration when using a bow, really: weapon trait, champion points, and a couple of weapon sets that you won't use. DW, 2H and Destro Staff all have passives that apply only to those lines.
  • Azor_Ahaii
    Azor_Ahaii
    ✭✭✭
    Delegator wrote: »
    Shoot for around 2900-3000 weapon damage, at least, without the temporary buffs like Alchemist. Like Mauz I run Marksman/Alchemist (my second bar is DW, not 2H). I run with Agility jewelry instead of Leki's, which I can do because my 5-piece alchemist set includes two weapons.

For crit I just take whatever those sets get me. As a Khajit in medium armor with a bow, I'm over 40% crit. No need to boost past that.

As for penetration, I have that as my weapon trait (sharpened) and I boost it via champion points (Piercing). Can never have too much armor penetration in my book. There aren't that many sources of armor penetration when using a bow, really: weapon trait, champion points, and a couple of weapon sets that you won't use. DW, 2H and Destro Staff all have passives that apply only to those lines.

Would 2600 unbuffed weapon damage be ok when using hawks eye and marksmen? They both give me in total 13% extra bow damage and like 10% bow cost reduction.