The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dungeons

Lana_Del_slay
Lana_Del_slay
✭✭
I'm finding it really hard to do the dungeons because i can't find people to team up with, if I use the activity finder I usually end up waiting for what seems like hours to find a group or end up doing half a dungeon because they already started and someone left (I guess) I'm v1 Dragonknight in DC (ps4 European server)

I still feel quite new to this game and feel a bit lost, can someone give me some advice?

Best Answers

• Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you're queueing as a DPS. That's simply what happens as a DPS.

If you were a healer or a tank, the wait times would be significantly less.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
    Answer ✓
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a guild of like minded people.

The group finder can work but you're really rolling the dice every time. If you join a guild you'll have access to loads of players who will also want to play the content, you can all learn from one another and slowly build stronger group skill through playing together.

One of the best parts of an MMO after all is building new friendships.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm part of two guilds and can't figure out how to join up with them to do dungeons, I find it a bit odd to just invite them to a group, is there a way of finding out who in the guild is up for grouping up or do I just have to see who's online request to group up and hope for the best? Haha

Depending on the size of the guild or if they even do this. But some have certain chat channels for dung, PvP, or questing. You can try that way.

I tank all the time in dung. But I am on the NA server so I don't know if I can join up with you.

The Queue can take some time. Mine does go faster as a tank, but as soon as I log in a queue up. I empty my bags and check my research and that way I don't feel like I am standing there for too long.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
    Answer ✓
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lana_Del_slay best way to go about it for guilds is to ask them in guild chat by typing"/g1" ... the number depends on which guild ur in that u want to chat with g1,g2 etc... then ask in the guild chat if anyone wants to group up for a dungeon run
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Answer ✓
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

The group finder can work but you're really rolling the dice every time. If you join a guild you'll have access to loads of players who will also want to play the content, you can all learn from one another and slowly build stronger group skill through playing together.

I agree, guilds are the best way to find a group, especially if you are new to dungeons. If you have a hard time finding a group within your guild, maybe you should try different guilds. LoneWolfHelp actually has regular dungeon events meant to include beginners. I don't know if we have a presence on PSN though (@MissBizz?) Even though I have been in guilds since the game released, I didn't start dungeons until I found the LoneWolfHelp guild. Keep looking until you find a guild that suits your needs.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Answer ✓
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

I agree, guilds are the best way to find a group, especially if you are new to dungeons. If you have a hard time finding a group within your guild, maybe you should try different guilds. LoneWolfHelp actually has regular dungeon events meant to include beginners. I don't know if we have a presence on PSN though (@MissBizz?) Even though I have been in guilds since the game released, I didn't start dungeons until I found the LoneWolfHelp guild. Keep looking until you find a guild that suits your needs.

Unfortunately not on PS4 EU. Take a look through the PS4 EU Guild forum section for guilds that seem to match your playstyle and interests. Some guild may list that they have regular dungeon nights, or if not leave a post on their thread asking! Will probably help to ask a few questions before actually joining so you don't keep joining guilds that are not what you are looking for. Good luck!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Answer ✓
  • Lana_Del_slay
    Lana_Del_slay
    ✭✭
    I'm part of two guilds and can't figure out how to join up with them to do dungeons, I find it a bit odd to just invite them to a group, is there a way of finding out who in the guild is up for grouping up or do I just have to see who's online request to group up and hope for the best? Haha
  • Lana_Del_slay
    Lana_Del_slay
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys :smiley: