The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

WTF? Rewards for the worthy?

Toc de Malsvi
Toc de Malsvi
✭✭✭✭✭
How is it possible that the first gold item I get from a weekly reward is a freaking axe of the marksman WTF? Who programmed this as a possibility?

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/c50b5dd4-78ff-472b-a827-aa322e86e4f3?gamerTag=Toc de Malsvii&scid=dd7a0100-915c-4cc6-935b-f67e4c9a1767
Legendary Archer of Valenwood
Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
Templar's are evil..
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha, that's ZOS RNG for you ...
    lol-2.gif
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What do you have to place to get a gold item? Best I got was an arcane VD necklace.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you have to place to get a gold item? Best I got was an arcane VD necklace.

Top 2% at the end of campaign.

I have a whole mule of inferno staffs of leki's, battleaxes of vicious death, and other oddities. They'll be deconned for style mats next week.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got 4 gold necklaces on my end of campaign rewards lol. Vicious, Lekis, Marksman and I forgot the 4th
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Hahaha, that's ZOS RNG for you ...
    lol-2.gif

No ZOS RNG will finally give you that monster helm after 40 consecutive veteran runs....

Then give it a 'training' trait or some ***.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing makes you love RNG more than a...gold...restoration staff of...fury. LOL. #worthit
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could have been worse, could have been a leki's restoration staff.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bad reward...

Running the 3 or even the 4 piece works really well in some builds
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im running 5 shield breaker and 3 marksman and I would love a gold marksman great axe, The bleed it procs can be strong.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How is it possible that the first gold item I get from a weekly reward is a freaking axe of the marksman WTF? Who programmed this as a possibility?

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/c50b5dd4-78ff-472b-a827-aa322e86e4f3?gamerTag=Toc de Malsvii&scid=dd7a0100-915c-4cc6-935b-f67e4c9a1767

Rewards of the Irony?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/254394/rewards-of-the-irony
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After review there are certainly worse options, I was focused on the 5 set rather than if you had a build and you wanted 2h with a 2, 3, or 4 set. There certainly are really bad options out there for rewards...
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    I got 5 gold items for being top 2%, and none of them were of any use to me. I listed them and started over. lol

You'd think they would have an idea of what your build is.
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I ever seem to get is Transmutation/Fasallah garbage mainly, plus just to break the monotony, some Leki staffs.

I mean really Zos, in your infinite wisdom, what stam build is ever gonna use a Leki staff.....

Whoever was in charge of the sets for stam / magicka builds should be sacked on the spot, same with magicka classes have arcane stamina, or other nonsensical enchants or items.

Nice work..
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if you need to wear/bind these things, so ZOS will "know" that you don't need them. Make sense?
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you are doing the Fighter's Guild quest line, you are given an option for what you would like the Prismatic Weapon to be. Wouldn't that be such a nice feature at the end of VMA or any of these high investment activities. Just have a NPC at the end of the content, you can walk up to the jewelry guy and he says "As a tribute for your remarkable service to the (Insert Alliance Name), I will craft you a piece of legendary jewelry. Pick the set and trait you would like." Have another NPC by the forge who says the same thing but for weapons, another for armor, etc. At the end of VMA you can speak to the Forge Master who says as a reward, I will craft you an item of your choosing.

But nope, we are stuck with RNG. Because as Mr. Wrobel has stated, "We think players find it fun and exciting."

It'd be like getting to the end of your work week and your boss says to you, "Thanks for all the hard work, now spin this wheel to see if you get paid this week.

Imagine how much more participation and competition there would be in Cyrodiil if players new they could get the item they needed every time. Same with VMA. I'm at the final boss and just don't have the motivation to log onto that character and beat my head against the wall with all the random deaths from lag and BS, just to wind up getting a Training Lightning staff or some crap. I'd actually be interested in completing the content and competing for the leaderboards if they made it worth while.

Or you could be Zergbad who ran VMA 60+ times trying to get a sharpened 2 hander without ever getting one (and we now know how that ended). Because Wrobel and company think its "fun."
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or you could be Zergbad who ran VMA 60+ times trying to get a sharpened 2 hander without ever getting one (and we now know how that ended). Because Wrobel and company think its "fun."

Lets be honest though, his horrible RNG is karma from him berating every player in cyrodiil in zone chat for "zerging."

I say #rekt.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BFT88 wrote: »

Lets be honest though, his horrible RNG is karma from him berating every player in cyrodiil in zone chat for "zerging."

I say #rekt.

What fun would Cyrodiil be without griping about zerging? My personal favorite is when my "Zerg" of like 4 players kills 10+ and we get hate messages over xbox live complaining about our zerg, It takes all types, personally I detest large group play, as it cannot possibly be fun to run around pressing one button (mutagen) all day. But it does make it a bit sweeter to wipe those folks. I'm not on the Zergbad side of things though I did enjoy watching him harass Argonian Heals.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.