The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Sorc Health Regen Counter

llSRRll
llSRRll
✭✭✭
I was playing IC with some friends today and we came across a Sorc that was pretty much invincable. I'm fine with that bc I'm sure they had 501 champion points and my buddies where low level Vets? My question is how do they regen all their health back in a matter of seconds and can you counter it? It was very frustrating to knock off all his shields and 3/4 of his health only for him to regen all his health back in a matter of a couple of seconds and then bam restack his shields and we had to start all over again. We did kill him once but beat all three of us twice.
  • holosoul
    holosoul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Healing ward only heals you for damage you don't deal to it.
    If you are 3v1 against a sorc you should use hard CC, they will break free 2 or 3 times and then be out of stamina and die like a scrub in 2s
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Someone was telling me they have 100 cp into Bastion, is there a certain build that utilizes this?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    llSRRll wrote: »
    Someone was telling me they have 100 cp into Bastion, is there a certain build that utilizes this?

All magicka sorcs run (well 99.9%) a minimum of 84 CP into Bastion
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    What skill are they using to make Bastion effective or which ones do? I have not played a sorc much and was trying to find a weakness to exploit with my own champion points. I know with new patch things are getting nerfed but for right now what works best.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well wards but especially Hardened Ward. It's like the same size as let's say Annulment but Hardened then adds 33% more. Then with the CPs into Bastion it provides a roughly 10kish ward in PvP (20kish PvE)

Healing Ward does beome massive when procced. I personally just run Ward and Blessing of Restoration.

After DB, dampen magic (others like absorb magicka) will provide a very similar ward to anyone wearing light armor (close to Hardened)

The weakness? CC's, a pro Sorc that's shield stacking will also run enough regen (doesn't take much) to recast shields when needed. The stamina is the weak spot. If you can get a CC to stick, it's gg for a sorc.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭

77 is better for a straight 20% bonus. The extra 23 points would be better served in Hardy or Elemental. The extra 4% from maxing out Bastion gains you about 400-600 damage shield HW depending on your magika.
    Edited by The_Great_Maldini on May 26, 2016 2:53PM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing Ward would have been responsible for the healing, the lower your hp when you cast it the larger the ward, and as @holosoul said it heals for any remaining ward value when it naturally expires after 6s. But if you cast it after other wards then any other wards you have will protect healing ward from taking damage, so it heals for more. So the sorc reaches 5% hp and casts harness, hardened and then healing ward, which will be huge because of the 5% hp. Healing ward won't take any damage until harness and hardened are destroyed and that probably won't happen in the 6s it takes healing ward to naturally expire. So the sorc is guaranteed around an 18-25k heal everytime they use this combination of wards.
    PC | EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

77 is better for a straight 20% bonus. The extra 27 points would be better served in Hardy or Elemental. The extra 4% from maxing out Bastion gains you about 400-600 damage shield HW depending on your magika.

Thanks for the info! Gonna actually change it up :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Healing Ward, then stack Hardened Ward on top so the Healing Ward has a chance to proc. Some sorcs also stack Harness Magicka when faced with magicka attacks.

As others have said, attack a sorc's stamina with CC. Reflecting attacks also works. A DK running wings is my worst enemy.
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    You can use 5 pieces of shield breaker. Can't imagine what the sorc could do against 3 ppl running that. After DB goes live this set might become essential anyway. Everyone will be able to run around with a strong shield.
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    Mauz wrote: »
    You can use 5 pieces of shield breaker. Can't imagine what the sorc could do against 3 ppl running that. After DB goes live this set might become essential anyway. Everyone will be able to run around with a strong shield.

Yes but now they need to implement heavy and light armor versions of it because otherwise it just give advantages to stamina based characters and nightblades.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but now they need to implement heavy and light armor versions of it because otherwise it just give advantages to stamina based characters and nightblades.

Meh, a light armor O load shield breaker would be pretty intense against shields
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

IMO, a couple of archers with Focused Aim/Heavy Attacks hurts a LOT more than Shield Breaker light attacks.
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭

Meh, a light armor O load shield breaker would be pretty intense against shields

I wonder if they would let Overload Light and Heavy Attacks count as "light and heavy" attacks for purpose of Shield Breaker 5-piece bonus.

Since everyone is now going to running shields for the most part, we should also be allowed the same advantage instead of penalizing sorcs and/or magika DK's/NBs.
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

IMO, a couple of archers with Focused Aim/Heavy Attacks hurts a LOT more than Shield Breaker light attacks.

That's why Defensive Rune is sooo much fun. Damn turret monkeys...
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put a few points into shattering blows. Knock those shields off like they aren't there.