The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

In game camera drifts and spins. Posted workarounds have not worked.

megnin
megnin
✭✭✭
I copied my game install folder from one computer to another, both Windows 10 now; both were Windows 7 six months ago when everything worked fine on both. I just didn't want to download the large Orsinium patch twice.

In game, the camera does not stay "snapped to center" or looking straight ahead, but drifts in whatever direction the mouse pointer is off center on the screen. The farther off center the faster the drift. With the pointer right in the center it's a drift, closer to the edge of the screen and it's spinning wildly.

I've tried every workaround and fix I've been able to find Googling for a week plus half a dozen posts in these forums. None have had any affect.

If anyone has any suggestions, I haven't tried, I'd be very grateful to hear them. Before you post links to the things I've already tried that didn't work, though, please read what I've already tried in the spoiler.

Thanks in advance.
In game, 1st person and 3rd person, the camera spins out of control. The farther from the center of the screen the pointer is, the faster it spins.
In any options menu; inventory, skills, character select, bank, crown store, etc. it does not spin. Only in game.
I tried the solution in "What should I do when my camera keeps spinning up and left, blocking me from playing the game?" https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4492/~/what-should-i-do-when-my-camera-keeps-spinning-up-and-left,-blocking-me-from and it had no affect.
I've turned off "Enhanced pointer precision" in Control Panel | Mouse Properties | Pointer Options with no results.
On the Compatibility tab of every executable, launcher.exe, eso.exe, eso64.exe, etc., I've checked "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. No affect.
I've turned off Vertical Sync and Anti-Aliasing. Didn't help.
I've launched the game from the Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe and ESO64.exe. Made no difference.
I updated my mouse driver. (Razer Naga Epic)
I updated the Razer Synapse software.
I've toggled on and off Gamepad mode in ESO Gameplay settings.
I've set First Person and Third Person Rotation Speed to 0 in ESO Settings, Camera, and that only slows the camera rotation down enough that if I carefully bring the pointer to the center of the screen the rotation will slow to a stop, as long as I don't move my character or the mouse, then it starts spinning again.
With great care I can keep the camera pointed, somewhat, forward, but it's not playable in the least.

My PC is running Windows 10. It was an in-place upgrade from Windows 8.1, which I think was in in-place upgrade from Windows 7 to 8.0.

I played ESO when Windows 7 was installed and it did not have the camera moving issue. That was right after the Imperial City update.

I recently, about a week ago, copied the contents of the game install folder from my other computer, also Windows 10 and working fine, to this one, so I wouldn't have to download the large Orsinium update.

After copying the folder contents from my other computer to this one, the game launched just fine. Everything looked good except for the camera spinning.

I'm out of things to try. Do you have any suggestions or a solution that does not turn up in a Google search or on the Official Elder Scrolls Forums, because I've tried ALL of those and they did not help.

I found this forum post by someone with the exact same issue. He also moved his game onto a Windows 10 PC. He moved it from a Window 7 computer to a Windows 10 computer, though, where I moved from a Windows 10 to a Windows 10. My game was originally on a Windows 7 computer and I copied the game folder to this computer when it was also on Window 7. Recently (as mentioned above), after both computers have been upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I copied the game folder from the other computer, to this one. The game folder already existed on this one, it just wasn't updated with the Orsinium patch. There was never any camera spin before.
I also tried setting the graphics to High. No help. I set them to Low. No help. I set the display to Windowed and opened the game on my second monitor. No difference. I had always played on the second monitor before with no problems. Both monitors are Dell 24'', 1920 x 1200. Computer has 32 GB Ram. Just trying to think of any information that may help.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing to try, is another mouse. Does it have the same issues?

Have you tried not running the Razor software and or profile? Have you tried uninstalling the razor software and reinstalling it? Is there a Windows 10 version of that software?

Have you adjusted the mouse sensitivity in the control panel or the game? I have a razor and I think there are a couple places you can do this.

Does your mouse act weird in any other games?

I have heard that when people do have issues with Windows 10, it is when they upgraded, rather than a fresh install. However, this problem should be resolvable without resorting to a wipe and reinstall.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you try a regular plain mouse do you get the issues? If so I would start messing with settings in the Razer program such as mouse acceleration or DPI etc. I don't know if the fix, just trying to help you brainstorm. in theory if it works fine with another plain mouse the problem should be tied to the Naga.

Secondly trying deleting your usersettings.txt file and relaunching the game. I've heard doing that fix all sorts of weird issues. (You will lose your keybinds etc. if you do that, so make a copy that you can put back if it doesn't fix it)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • megnin
    megnin
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! Both of your brainstorming and suggestions are helpful. I haven't tried deleting the usersettings.txt, only looking in it for any display related settings.

I have unplugged the mouse, cleaned the laser, checked for updates to the driver and software, but I haven't uninstalled the software since discovering the problem. I did just uninstall and reinstall the Synapse soft ware just two weeks ago.

I'll try the other things you've suggested.

Oh, while I was looking for the latest driver for my video card, an AMD HD 7500, the AMD site said that this card is not compatible with Windows 10, at least using the latest AMD drivers. It works just fine with the drivers that Windows says are "best." It's in a Dell Optiplex 9010 business computer so my video card options are limited. I did go ahead and order an Nvidia GTX 750 video card. Maybe that will fix it, if the problem. I'm hoping.
  • megnin
    megnin
    ✭✭✭
    Well, deleting the AppSettings.txt file didn't fix it. I just noticed that you said usersetting.txt, so I'll try that next.
  • megnin
    megnin
    ✭✭✭
    No change after deleting usersettings.txt, other than having to check off the EULA agreements again, etc.
  • megnin
    megnin
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, none of the posted solutions worked. Not the mouse, not the video card or driver, not some USB device or sound card, no .ini settings or control panel compatibility settings.

There is a program called Synergy, which installs as a service, so there is no icon in the task tray. It allows you to use one mouse and keyboard to control two computers sitting side by side so the displays on both computers appear as one desktop.
    It's a great program. I have two computers, each with two monitors, so it gives me a four monitor desktop.

Anyway I found some reference in a forum post for some other game from 2014 that mentioned Synergy not playing well with some game engine or application. I went into Services and stopped the Synergy service. That fixed the issue.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    megnin wrote: »
    Anyway I found some reference in a forum post for some other game from 2014 that mentioned Synergy not playing well with some game engine or application. I went into Services and stopped the Synergy service. That fixed the issue.

Glad you got that sorted. Guess we should have suggested a Clean Boot as part of the brainstorming, that would have uncovered this issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• megnin
    megnin
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, that's a good idea for future reference. The next time I encounter some similar issue, I'll certainly try that as part of the troubleshooting. Thanks!