The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crashing in large Cyrodiil battles

maxjapank
maxjapank
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi. Overall, my game works just fine in pve and pvp. But recently, in large pvp battles, my game freezes. Then when I try to log back in with my character I get a very long loading screen which eventually disconnects. Then it says, "Unable to connect to the internet, please check you internet..." However, I am able to connect just fine to yahoo or google or social networking sites. Eventually, I do get back into the game, but as soon as I get near the large battle again...I freeze again...and the whole process repeats itself.

I have submitted a ticket along with my Game Consultant. I hope that ESO support can help me out in someway, but perhaps others have some ideas. My computer is a few years old and I have replaced the video driver once. This is what I run:

i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz
8.00 GB RAM
64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate
GeForce GTX 750
1680x1050, 60Hz
Driver Version 368.22 (just came out on 5/23)

I live in Japan...did a Fast.com test...and was around 31 Mbps in Cryodiil. Currently in the process of upgrading to 1G (1000 Mbps) soon...hoping that will help. Hate to buy new rig for another year. Anyways...any help is appreciated.

Okay this time when I crashed...Fast.com test was 9 Mbps but latency said about 2600. But sometimes I have crashed and latency says 275.

Edited by maxjapank on May 25, 2016 1:04PM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I receive the following response from ESO. And I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I have Direct X 11. And I have a GeForce 750. So why are they highlighting/bolding the GPU and telling me that I don't meet the minimum requirements. Am I missing something here???

"Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Tuesday, and I am here to assist you. It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that your PC is below the Minimum System requirements. Because of this, we unable to provide any further assistance in this matter.

The system requirements for ESO on PC are as follows:
    PC Minimum System Requirements:
    Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit
    Processor: Intel i3 or AMD 3870 generation processors or higher
    System RAM: 3GB
    Hard Disk Space: 85GB free HDD space
    GPU: Direct X 11.0 compliant video card with 1GB RAM (NVidia GeForce 460 or AMD Radeon 6850) Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
    Internet: Internet Broadband Connection
    Kind regards,"
  • pandoraderomanus
    pandoraderomanus
    ✭✭✭
    How it freezes exactly? You can move and chat works, but everything stops?
    PC-EU since 2014

Touches-Your-Tralala - retired lizardina-templar
    Pandora Morgenstern - noob orc-stamsorc
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How it freezes exactly? You can move and chat works, but everything stops?

I can't move and everyone else stops moving. And before long, I get booted from the game. I have upgraded to a 1G Mbps. And I crashed just once last night during a very high intensity fight - lots of people closely stacked and lots of spells going off. But I can live with once.

I have to wait till one 24-man guild logs on Sunday or Wednesday. As soon as they come on, (9pm in Japan for me) I crash everytime I get near them. I'll see if my isp upgrade helps.