The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

place to farm glass armor motifs

finalkingdom
is there a specific place that good to farm the glass motifs i would love to be able to craft it but i haven't found a single one yet

Best Answers

• Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Place? No, not that I know of. Daily crafting quests (blacksmith, woodworker and clothier) are the only source, I got the fragments from yet. Maybe you can find them in chests also, but I am not sure about that.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
    Answer ✓
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to do daily writs to get glass motif fragments, then 10 of the fragments can be combined into a page using a 10k Mesotheric Resin you purchase from Magus NPCs.

Answer ✓
  • finalkingdom
    oh wow no wonder i could not find any thx haha
    Answer ✓
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kelces wrote: »
    Place? No, not that I know of. Daily crafting quests (blacksmith, woodworker and clothier) are the only source, I got the fragments from yet. Maybe you can find them in chests also, but I am not sure about that.

Chests hold pieces of the racial stone, not the Motif itself.
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on May 24, 2016 9:22PM
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure how long I went before I used some Crowns to buy this. But, at the time I figured I would need 2 years of game time to get all the chapters of the motif. So, I just bought the darn thing. The only reason is all my TES characters have sported Glass Armors since, well, the dawn of TES. I used Crowns I had bought on sale so it was not too expensive.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Yea only way is to do crafting writs, but if you dont want to do those check guild traders. Most of us who already have the motif sell the fragments (2k apiece) or the motifs on the traders for a pretty fair price (like 20k to 50k).
    Edited by llSRRll on May 25, 2016 3:25AM
    Answer ✓
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you do stand a 1 in a million chance of finding the gold glass motif book but you will do better with crafting writs.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Answer ✓
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best place to 'farm' the glass motifs is guild kiosks. Prices have dropped considerably for these. Even if you do writs everyday with multiple alts, you still have to drop 10k for the 'glue' to create a chapter, and there is a good chance of getting duplicates from this process. The crown store is an option, but I am loathe to spend real money on the game beyond my sub....that option is individual preference. Buying from guild stores eliminates the RNG factor, and has zero impact on your wallet. You can offset some of the gold cost by selling any fragments you get from writs.

PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Answer ✓
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my main i bought the motif because i got pissed off that the motif came two weeks after DLC. But i am now in proecss of diverting crafting to my second account, and there the main crafter learned glass "naturally". It's possible to learn it quite quickly, if doing writs with multiple characters. Otherwise i recommend either buying motif pages, glass fragments or just get it from crown store.

When doing all writs, a character receives a glass fragment every second day on average. I tested this by recording rewards of 8 crafters for two weeks.

When the motif is getting close to having all pages, it's better to buy the last ones and sell own duplicates and glass fragments. The rate of duplicates increases dramatically when trying to get the last missing pages from own fragments.

When purchasing glass pages, don't wait for prices falling below 10k. Unlike other motifs that fall to 1k or even lower, making each page costs 10k. E.g. I just checked that i have my last pages on sale at 12k, and expiring in two weeks. I just stop making the pages until prices rise.

On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Answer ✓
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox EU I quite often see chapters on sale at traders for 10-12k
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • finalkingdom
    yeah i wouldn't mind buying the motif if it wasn't 5k on the crown store... but i think i will either buy them or just do writs for them thx for all your awnsers