The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Adventurer Pack Upgrade

magnusthorek
magnusthorek
✭✭✭✭✭
If I buy this super expensive pack (considering what it does) will I be able to change the Alliance of existent characters or it applies just for those freshly created?

AD's hews Bane is a dead zone...
I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    You cannot move existing characters from one alliance to another regardless of add-ons.

You can create a new character in any alliance with out any add-on. So no need to buy the Adventure Pack.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? I thought the "any race, any Alliance" was exclsuive for those with the Adventurer Pack or for Imperials.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    You cannot move existing characters from one alliance to another regardless of add-ons.

You can create a new character in any alliance with out any add-on. So no need to buy the Adventure Pack.

well no, you can only create a character in that alliance which the races belong to. that is what Adventurer pack is for (without it you are not able to create a Khajiit character in Dagerfall Covenant for example. With it you are able to.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="Balibe;3005631"
    You can create a new character in any alliance with out any add-on. So no need to buy the Adventure Pack.[/quote]

OP this @Balibe is wrong and spreading false information please ignore this post.

The only way for someone to be able to play any race in any alliance is if they did one of the following two things:

A: Pre-order the game

B: Purchase the Adventurers Pack

Now back to your original post, I don't think it's that expensive given the MASSIVE benifits it gives you.

I will give you an example:

I started out in NA Server, I made the following chars:

Altmer Sorc AD
    Imperial Templar EP
    Redguard DK DC
    and a bunch of other chars ( I can't remember this was 2014 )

I then started playing on the EU server and made:

Imperial DK DC
    Nord Templar EP
    Dunmer Sorc AD
    Khajiit NB AD
    Orc DK EP
    Breton Sorc DC
    Argonian Templar AD
    Dunmer DK EP

Then I deleted all my non DC chars except the Khajiit NB and the Orc DK.

I remade a bunch of different chars mostly elves in the DC alliance because I really like DC :smile:

All these new chars are much better off, higher lvl ( many are VR16 ) and they were played much less..

Sure I lost around 20 levels of Legerdemain on each and at least 100-160 points of mount upgrades on the chars I deleted however I can always make that back... later ( if need be )

The point is the any race any alliance gives you a choice that is much more valuable than any other DLC tbh. Everything else is a bonus but this is almost a necessity

@Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All its content is not that major to me, just the ability to play i any allaince. I don't care about maps which will yield low level items nor pets I don't use the ones I have anyway!

And when I said super expensive, it was due the exchange rate between countries that almost rapes me. These 25 bucks will be like 130 to me :open_mouth:
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick summary of the important points:

There is no way to change the alliance an existing character is part of, no matter what version of the game you have or which upgrades you buy.

All accounts have access to all 3 alliances. You pick an alliance for each character when you're creating them and it only makes the choice for that 1 character. If you wanted to you could make 3 characters and pick a different alliance for each one. But by default you're restricted to the races that make up that alliance. For example if you want a character in the Daggerfall Covenant they have to be a Breton, Redguard or Orc.

The Any Race in Any Alliance upgrade (ARAA) is obtained by having a pre-order copy of the game or by buying the Adventurer Pack from the crown store. This allows you to create a character of any race in any alliance. So for example you could choose to play as a Khajiit in the Daggerfall Covenant or a Dunmer in the Aldmeri Dominion.

(The Imperial Edition is entirely separate. That gives you access to the Imperial race, who can be part of any alliance even if you don't have ARAA. I think the two are often confused because the Imperial Edition was the pre-order collectors edition, so many people who bought it got both the Imperial Upgrades and the ARAA upgrade and didn't realise the two were available separately. But you could also pre-order normal copies and those also came with ARAA. You can also buy the Imperial upgrade from the crown store but that won't get you ARAA.)
    If I buy this super expensive pack (considering what it does) will I be able to change the Alliance of existent characters or it applies just for those freshly created?

Basically all of the info above means that:
    1) Your original idea won't work - there is no way to move your existing character/s to a new alliance.
    2) If you just want to play in a different one and don't mind what race your character is you don't need to buy anything, you can just create a new character and pick from the races that are part of that alliance.
    3) You only need to buy the Adventurer pack if you want to play a specific race in an alliance they're not normally part of.

Overall I'd strongly recommend making a character in the alliance you want to switch to before buying the pack, so you can find out if it's actually an improvement before you spend all that money.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm aware of all of that, but thank you anyway @Danikat. It's good that it serves as an unofficial QA topic.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really? I thought the "any race, any Alliance" was exclsuive for those with the Adventurer Pack or for Imperials.
    You never stated anything about RACE in your OP.

@magnusthorek

You only questioned about moving a character to another alliance and if you needed the add-on to create a character in another alliance.

To quote your original post again ......

• Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    OP this @Balibe is wrong and spreading false information please ignore this post.

The only way for someone to be able to play any race in any alliance is if they did one of the following two things:

A: Pre-order the game

B: Purchase the Adventurers Pack

Now back to your original post, I don't think it's that expensive given the MASSIVE benifits it gives you.

I will give you an example:

I started out in NA Server, I made the following chars:

Altmer Sorc AD
    Imperial Templar EP
    Redguard DK DC
    and a bunch of other chars ( I can't remember this was 2014 )

I then started playing on the EU server and made:

Imperial DK DC
    Nord Templar EP
    Dunmer Sorc AD
    Khajiit NB AD
    Orc DK EP
    Breton Sorc DC
    Argonian Templar AD
    Dunmer DK EP

Then I deleted all my non DC chars except the Khajiit NB and the Orc DK.

I remade a bunch of different chars mostly elves in the DC alliance because I really like DC :smile:

All these new chars are much better off, higher lvl ( many are VR16 ) and they were played much less..

Sure I lost around 20 levels of Legerdemain on each and at least 100-160 points of mount upgrades on the chars I deleted however I can always make that back... later ( if need be )

The point is the any race any alliance gives you a choice that is much more valuable than any other DLC tbh. Everything else is a bonus but this is almost a necessity

@Duiwel

I am not posting false information ..... If you go back and read the OP it states nothing about RACE. The post leads you to believe the OP needs to buy an add-on to create another character in another alliance.

Before you type your false accusation about another poster you should take time to read!!! You got accusation to throw out, send them to the OP that did not clearly state the OP. For that matter, why make that statement at all .... It is people like you that cause others to stop helping people .....

The post is reported ... let the mods decide ......
    Edited by Balibe on May 26, 2016 1:23AM
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    ..... If you go back and read the OP it states nothing about RACE. The post leads you to believe the OP needs to buy an add-on to create another character in another alliance.

I am not going to argue with you but:

Title of this thread: "Adventurer Pack Upgrade"

OP is asking about the any race any alliance.

@Danikat gave the most in detailed answer :smile: I believe there is no more need for any further discussion concerning the above mentioned.

OP just as a side note keep in mind the update after the Dark Brotherhood (Q3) this year, which will possibly include player housing & barber shop is the foundation for changing the alliance of a character. Hundreds of posts have been made requesting it so WHILE it is not available at present. It is very likely that it will be available in the future (via crown store purchase).
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was at Hew's Bane AD,just earlier,about three hours ago and it wasnt dead.Probably the time of night or day you went there.I always see people running around.Though a lot have gone to the Gold Coast.
    I did too,for a while.It got kinda tiring,running back and forth to one city and back,over and over,for the same repeatable quests though.So I went back to Hew's Bane,.I can do more there.
  • bobdrad
    bobdrad
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Quick summary of the important points:

There is no way to change the alliance an existing character is part of, no matter what version of the game you have or which upgrades you buy.

That's in direct contradiction to what people are saying on this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4488582/#Comment_4488582

According to them, if you purchase the Adventurer Pack Upgrade and the Race Change Token you can change an existing character to any alliance you like.

So, which is true?
    Edited by bobdrad on January 11, 2018 1:36AM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdrad wrote: »
    So, which is true?

Nothing in the quoted closed thread says anything about being able to change your alliance after character creation.
    Alliance/Faction change does not exist.

If you have the Any Race, Any Alliance upgrade you can change an existing character to a race that would otherwise be alliance-locked. The alliance of that character remains the same.

If you have the Imperial upgrade you can change an existing character to the Imperial race that would otherwise be locked. The alliance of that character remains the same.

signing off