The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Where can I steal a lot of weapons/armor as Ebonheart?

Zyrlux
Zyrlux
✭✭
Looking to level crafting professions. I know about the stuff in Davon's watch but I was wondering if there were places besides that?
  • Zyrlux
    Zyrlux
    ✭✭
    I should add stuff that's largely concentrated and easy to steal.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The markets in Davon's Watch is a pretty good area. Basically look for any outside markets and they normally have good numbers.

There are also a few "how to make gold" videos on YouTube which explain good areas for this from back before TG patch when it was valuable to break down stolen items.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Zyrlux
    Zyrlux
    ✭✭
    Looking to level crafting professions. I know about the stuff in Davon's watch but I was wondering if there were places besides that?
    Turelus wrote: »
    The markets in Davon's Watch is a pretty good area. Basically look for any outside markets and they normally have good numbers.

There are also a few "how to make gold" videos on YouTube which explain good areas for this from back before TG patch when it was valuable to break down stolen items.

I saw one but it gave a spot for daggerfall. I didn't see one for EP. I was also considering a close to wayshrine bandit camps that had outside resources. Is it no longer a good way to level up? Are we back to trading with other players?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that most of the videos I watched for the gold making guides recommended Davon's watch.

I'm not sure if they adjusted the inspiration the items gave when broken down, although I believe this was always less than a player made item any way. The only thing I remember from the notes was that you no longer get materials from breaking down stolen items as people were selling stacks of them to make gold.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zyrlux This may not be the answer that you are looking for, but I was able to get max level Woodworking, Clothcrafting, and Blacksmithing by simply going about my daily grind and picking up everything. Dungeons are especially great ways to gather items to decon (random dungeon ftw). Plus, you'd be killing two birds with one stone: experience and crafting levels.

That said, I have a spot I particularly loved to steal at in Auridon (on my EP char, when she got to that part of the map). The spot was near the blacksmithing station in the main city, and it has about 30 items all in one room. I can give you more details if you are interested.

In Coldharbor Hollow City, you can pick everything up without it being considered stolen. Unfortunately, that means that when you decon items that you pick up, you're probably not going to get many materials back or a lot of experience. It is, however, a great place to level up alchemy and provisioning crafting professions. I'm not sure if you are working on those too.

• Zyrlux
    Zyrlux
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I believe that most of the videos I watched for the gold making guides recommended Davon's watch.

I'm not sure if they adjusted the inspiration the items gave when broken down, although I believe this was always less than a player made item any way. The only thing I remember from the notes was that you no longer get materials from breaking down stolen items as people were selling stacks of them to make gold.

I actually got plenty of stuff from deconing stolen stuff just now. Maybe if I kept doing it I'd see less from diminished returns?

Edit: Either diminished or I had some stuff on hand. I just got maybe 3 ingots from 14 swords.
    Pandorii wrote: »
    @Zyrlux This may not be the answer that you are looking for, but I was able to get max level Woodworking, Clothcrafting, and Blacksmithing by simply going about my daily grind and picking up everything. Dungeons are especially great ways to gather items to decon (random dungeon ftw). Plus, you'd be killing two birds with one stone: experience and crafting levels.

That said, I have a spot I particularly loved to steal at in Auridon (on my EP char, when she got to that part of the map). The spot was near the blacksmithing station in the main city, and it has about 30 items all in one room. I can give you more details if you are interested.

In Coldharbor Hollow City, you can pick everything up without it being considered stolen. Unfortunately, that means that when you decon items that you pick up, you're probably not going to get many materials back or a lot of experience. It is, however, a great place to level up alchemy and provisioning crafting professions. I'm not sure if you are working on those too.

I haven't made it to either auridon or coldharbor with my crafting character (I intend on researching everything before I really invest time leveling him). But Auridon might be good. 30 in a room is phenomenal.
    Edited by Zyrlux on May 24, 2016 7:29AM
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    bleak rock riften davons wrothgar cities.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE