The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help me decide which shoulders to use!

ArtOfShred
ArtOfShred
✭✭✭
Hail friends, need some second opinions because I'm indecisive about what shoulders to use with my armor.

So I use both a full medium set for DPS, and 5 Medium + 1 Heavy (Chest) + 1 Light (Belt) for soloing. Looking for feedback on what you think looks the best, whether one shoulder type fits both medium & heavy well, or whether you think I should keep two sets of shoulders around and swap them out depending on what chest I'm using.

Also if anyone wants to know what styles/dyes I'm using for the rest of the armor, let me know and I'll post that.

p2F9y.png

• FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definetly imperial. use daggerfall myself, but with your setup imperial looks waaay better :)
    And heavy chest.
    Edited by FerrumnCutem on May 23, 2016 10:16PM
  • THBronx
    THBronx
    ✭✭✭
    Breton ftw!
    Hadamanthys
    Templar of Ebonheart Pact.
    NA Server.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’d say Breton works best with both because it appears to have an equal amount of leather and metal and the somewhat swirly pattern on them ties in with the swirly engraving on the heavy chest and flaps on the medium. I do like the Imperial with the medium chest though, if you were going to do two different ones.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote covenant. The patterning on it suits the patterning on the mercenary chest.

P.s. what colours are you using, it looks great.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your feedback guys, appreciate it!

Kinda leaning toward Breton a bit but the only thing bothering me is that part with the swirly pattern that I have textured to be brown like leather seems to have kind of a metallic sheen to it. Those shoulders are VR9 and only superior quality so I'm not sure if that shininess is gonna be more pronounced at VR16 when they're better quality or not. Trying to decide before I spend the mats basically.
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    I vote covenant. The patterning on it suits the patterning on the mercenary chest.

P.s. what colours are you using, it looks great.

Here's the 3 dye colors in order for each piece of armor:

Medium Outlaw Helm: Book Cover Brown | Book Cover Brown | Book Cover Brown

Medium Imperial Shoulders: Adventurer Brown | Coldharbour Ash Black | Adventurer Brown
    Medium Breton Shoulders: Book Cover Brown | Obsidian Black | Obsidian Black
    Medium Covenant Shoulders: Coldharbour Ash Black | Coldharbour Ash Black | Coldharbour Ash Black

Heavy Mercenary Chest: Coldharbour Ash Black | Book Cover Brown | Coldharbour Ash Black
    Medium Mercenary Chest: Book Cover Brown | Thalmor Black | Thalmor Black

Medium Mercenary Belt: Book Cover Brown | Book Cover Brown | Polished Steel Gray
    Light Mercenary Belt: Coldharbour Ash Black | Book Cover Brown | Coldharbour Ash Black

Medium Mercenary Gloves: Book Cover Brown | Thalmor Black | Thalmor Black
    Medium Mercenary Legs: Book Cover Brown | Thalmor Black | Thalmor Black
    Medium Mercenary Boots: Book Cover Brown | Thalmor Black | Thalmor Black

Edited by ArtOfShred on May 25, 2016 3:49PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks so good!

Breton definitely
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArtOfShred wrote: »
    Kinda leaning toward Breton a bit but the only thing bothering me is that part with the swirly pattern that I have textured to be brown like leather seems to have kind of a metallic sheen to it. Those shoulders are VR9 and only superior quality so I'm not sure if that shininess is gonna be more pronounced at VR16 when they're better quality or not. Trying to decide before I spend the mats basically.
    I went on the test server and whipped up an example test for you. Here’s a picture showing the Breton Arm Cops and Mercenary Jack/Cuirass in the highest level possible to craft of Rubedo Leather/Rubedite, at both purple and gold improvement levels. I made sure to use the dyes you mentioned above.

vt16_purple_gold_test_by_aethyriel-da3xpks.jpg

It doesn’t seem to be letting me click on the larger version of this picture, so here is a link
    orig04.deviantart.net/9fe8/f/2016/146/9/8/vt16_purple_gold_test_by_aethyriel-da3xpks.jpg
    Edited by Aelthwyn on May 26, 2016 6:06AM
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    I went on the test server and whipped up an example test for you. Here’s a picture showing the Breton Arm Cops and Mercenary Jack/Cuirass in the highest level possible to craft of Rubedo Leather/Rubedite, at both purple and gold improvement levels. I made sure to use the dyes you mentioned above.

Oh man I didn't even think about using the PTS, whoops. Thanks for going through the extra effort there! Doesn't look much different than the VR9 ones so I think I'll craft a pair.

• Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh man I didn't even think about using the PTS, whoops. Thanks for going through the extra effort there!

You’re welcome! I’ve recently been testing out all the different styles on my characters after creating a template character and discovering the wealth of materials in that ‘ultimate crafting crate’ :D I’m so glad they added that to the test server!
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Breton one OP ( as you can guess from my name I am Imperial)
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."