Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How I fixed my constant crashing

The_Great_Maldini
The_Great_Maldini
✭✭✭
For the past several months, I have crashed to desktop several times per night. For the past week, it has been several times per hour to the point where I was getting exceptionally frustrated and starting to HATE the game.

I have a high-end system with a single GTX 980 TI, I7-4790, run the game on a SSD...really good stuff. Oh yeah, and I run the game on my 4k television.

All my drivers were updated for both windows and Nvidia.

The crashes seemed to take place occasionally during a very graphically intense situation. I run the game on max settings.

I ran the game on FULLSCREEN mode. I tried switching to WINDOWED FULLSCREEN and voila! the crashes stopped. Occasionally there is some lag stutters but otherwise, I have not crashed to desktop since switching to windowed fullscreen.

I'm not sure why it does this...perhaps the fullscreen mode is more graphically intense on the graphics card? I'm not a computer guru, so I couldn't figure it out; but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I hope this works for others.

Happy gaming!