The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Store Costumes - can they be found 'in-game?'

Magenpie
Magenpie
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi there

I came back to the game yesterday and I'm just trying to clarify some things. I'm still a bit confused about costumes. So, can you find all the store items in game as you adventure, or just some of them? Is there a way of finding out which ones? And I'm assuming that you can apply cosmetics when they appear in your collections?

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick!

Many thanks
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look Here for costumes, I believe the list is up to date but not 100% sure .....

There are also Disguises not in the costume list that are only obtainable in game .....
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Balibe - thanks so much for the link!

What I don't want to do is spend crowns on a costume in the store, and then find I can get it in the game as a drop or through crafting. So, that page is perfect.

Thanks for replying to me!
  • Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a bunch of costumes that you can obtain in the game by completing quests and the sort and they're added to your collections. Generally, "Disguises" that are used DURING a quest are not considered costumes as they're essential to a specific quest to be completed. EG: Servant's Outfit in a DC quest will remain an item, not a costume.

As far as finding out what you have to do for them, you can open your Costumes section under the "Collections" tab and hover over something you haven't unlocked to find out how it is unlocked. EG:

aEtRito.png

This states that I must complete Maelstrom Arena on Veteran Mode in order to unlock it which obviously doesn't require me to purchase it from the crown store. That said, crown purchased costumes vastly outweigh the costumes you can obtain in-game. Obviously optional but if such an item is removed from the store and never returns, you've lost your chance for that one for good.

Lastly, I'm slightly confused what you mean by "Apply cosmetics". If you mean "Can we dye the costumes", then no. Although that is a feature in the pipeline from ZOS. As it's pretty inconsequential compared to the other aspects of the game being worked on, there is no ETA on that. It'll be done when ZOS can spare the resources to do "fun" things. If I'm mistaken by what you meant by this, well at least now you know this part of information anyway xD
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Costumes from the crown store are not available via in game means in any way, these are all cash shop items to help fund the game.

There are some costumes and pets which are earned in the game via achievements or drops, these are listed in your collections panel with information/hints about how to earn them. However these are not the same as the ones sold in the store.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elsir - Yes sorry, I wasn't being very clear :) I just meant 'wear' them really - I couldn't see a costume tab but I realise now you just click on the costume in your collections and it shows up on your character. Thanks so much for the tip about where the costumes are found too - good to know. :)

@Turelus - EXACTLY what I wanted to know! Thanks so much!
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Costumes from the crown store are not available via in game means in any way, these are all cash shop items to help fund the game.
    I bought the souls shriven skin that was available in the crown store briefly. It is also available in-game but I hear it is hard to get in-game but not 100%.