The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

State of console crafting

KingYogi415
KingYogi415
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I play ps4 NA. I have spent many months leveling up traits with dream of being able to be a crafter hire. 9 trait wood, 7 trait cloth, 7 trait heavy and 5 trait medium.
Lack of console chat has made this only a dream, I had been patiently waiting for console chat which I thought would be released with Dark Brotherhood.
How do the other crippled console crafters get business? What resources if any do have to try crafting for others even possible?
I'm am currently in a trade community with 1,200 people and have never had a bite. 1,200 is a far cry of the 700,000 reported console sales at launch.
What is the biggest ESO community (besides this forum) that can connect me to other PS4 players.
Why wont ZOS even make a trade forum section as a bandaid fix until they add something that should have been in at launch?

Cheers!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must be in the wrong trade guilds, I can't help on Ps4 but trawl the guild sub section and I'm sure there will be some. I joined three guilds just for trading and clear loads of stuff from high end to low end and guild chat for special requirements. It's all about the right guild. And if there are non, start one ;)

Text chat on consoles will be polarising, I for one will have it turned off
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You probably don't get any bites because people either can do it themselves or are in guilds with people who can do it for them.

Voice chat works on xbox eu. Plenty of people are always in area chat.

Also, you don't have that many traits. For instance I have 9 in all heavy, at least 7 in all metal weapons, 9 in woodworking and 8/9 in all clothing. So some of the sets people want, you can't do.
    Edited by Brrrofski on May 21, 2016 10:50PM
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    You'll need to go to your alliances main city and use area chat to drum up some business, once you've done a few good orders people will mention you to others.

As said above you don't have that many traits researched compared to others eg. I'm not ESO+ and never really levelled my crafting up that quickly to take advantage of researching more items at once and quicker research times however I'm 9 on woodcrafting, 8/9 on blacksmithing and on clothing I've got 1 item at 7 traits on each of light and medium and the rest are 8/9. I'd imagine that by now there are ESO+ people with 9 traits in everything and some non-ESO+ people might also be there or be very close
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In each of my 500 people guilds there is maybe 1-3 9 trait crafters.
    I'm sure there are more who only craft for themselfs.
    Crafting is time consuming and not a lot of people want to do it.
    I'm also a mater enchanter and potion maker which could bring me a lot of work with DB.

Are there any facebook ESO groups with 1k plus people?
    Edited by KingYogi415 on May 21, 2016 11:44PM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    7 traits in everything is 6 months of constant researching.
    So what other people have more traits, There are only 3 useful sets I cant craft.
    I have all mats to sell, almost every style. When Console chat comes I can craft for people all day if I want
    Edited by KingYogi415 on May 21, 2016 11:51PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright... Calm down man.

I'm just saying, most people know someone who can do it. 9 traits is very desirable. Next patch, with well fitted reducing roll dodge cost, a lot of people will want eternal hunt. Twice born, armor master and morkuldin are often used. Kagernacs is the go to magica set. These are out of your reach.

Even with text chat, you won't make much money. There isn't a huge market.

Alchemy might with poisons. People will definitely buy them. But they'll just check guidl traders anyway.
    Edited by Brrrofski on May 22, 2016 11:29AM
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the EU server. I can do nine traits in pretty much everything. I used to make a lot of gold crafting for others now I just do it for free, I focus on selling armour and weapons with desirable traits for research in guild traders now.

However if you want to be given orders for crafting I'd suggest making popular sets in V15 and selling them in a guild trader. Once someone buys one of them you can message the person and ask if they want it in V16 or any other bits that they need crafting. Or you can just join one of the many PS4 trading communities via the community section, there's also several large Facebook groups which are used for trading and crafting commissions.

Hope that helps.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you delete mistaken coments?
    Edited by KingYogi415 on May 22, 2016 7:14PM
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    You'll need to go to your alliances main city and use area chat to drum up some business, once you've done a few good orders people will mention you to others.

As said above you don't have that many traits researched compared to others eg. I'm not ESO+ and never really levelled my crafting up that quickly to take advantage of researching more items at once and quicker research times however I'm 9 on woodcrafting, 8/9 on blacksmithing and on clothing I've got 1 item at 7 traits on each of light and medium and the rest are 8/9. I'd imagine that by now there are ESO+ people with 9 traits in everything and some non-ESO+ people might also be there or be very close

Agree you have to go to the main cities and know where to go and you'll find plenty of people that need crafting. I have too many people and spend a lot of time making armor for others. I prefer to make it and sell it on my guild trader instead just much easier and way more profitable. If your in AD go to Elden Root crafting room always people there, in DC I sit in the bank in Wayrest and to be honest with you hate EP so dont sell crap to those bums if I can help it.
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tag up with me on PS4

The_Pale_Italian

My guild has a ton of crafted stuff and I have about 9 on each trait in BS, WW and Clothing and we have everything else covered. It was alot easier to be able to communicate on PC. But going into any major hub will help you out. Even hanging out where with Undaunted Dailies are given out will net you some business.

If you are looking for just the traits to learn, always hit up guild stores. You might pay 100-500G for a piece with the trait you are looking for but I am trying to get Divines for my shield so I have 9 and I found it last night for 200G. So well worth it. Hope this helps.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    7 traits in everything is 6 months of constant researching.
    So what other people have more traits, There are only 3 useful sets I cant craft.
    I have all mats to sell, almost every style. When Console chat comes I can craft for people all day if I want

Not to be rude, but you pretty much can't craft any of the good sets for stamina users. That alone cuts your potential clientele almost in half.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you doing researches with a single character or multiple? When this game came out within a month I soon realized I would need at least 2 characters to do my researches so that is what I did. I split my researches based on type and what I had available, my main crafter would do Blacksmithing Weapons, Woodworking Elemental Staves, and Clothing Light Armor; while I used another character to research Blacksmithing Armor, Woodworking Bow, Shield and Resto Staff, and Clothing Medium Armor.

Whenever my main crafter had open slots and nothing else available to research, I used my second character to make an item to research again on my main. Eventually I got all the traits my main has 8/9 on every slot of all 3 crafts, only thing missing is Nirnhoned. It goes much faster splitting it up like that than having to make one character do all the trait researches.