Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with medium level stamina nightblade

craybest
craybest
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys! I need help with my leveling build of my stam NB.
I usually do relatively good on regular enemies (assuming it's not more than 3 of them) but bosses kill me too many times. I'm a werewolf, and If I have the ability ready, I burn through them easily as butter, but if I don't, I get killed at least half of the times.
I use dual wield and bow. I was originally following a build called the spectre, that used bow, but I was told bow wasn't really a good weapon for PVE leveling, it doesn't do much damage. I'm using dual wield more now, but still can't get to decide on what 5 skills to use. so many of them seem so useful.
I'd love to have some tips on what skils do you think are good idea to have on my skills. :)
I'm lv 42 by the way.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    1)teleport strike to ambush 2)whirlwind blades to steel tornado 3)? To surprise attack 4)? To evil hunter 5)? To killer blade : if you can sneak up start with surprise attack if not use ambush : mobs ambush in on healers then steel tornado till there Heath is low then hit with killer blade to get a heal. Don't give up on bow try using evil hunter mark target snipe venom arrow and bombard: mark your main target with mark target and use evil hunter for mobs use bombard it freezes them for single venom Arron for dot and interrupt them
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the tip! just worried about boss fights, shouldn't I have some way to recover HP besides pots?
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    I kite like crazy but if the boss has adds take them down with killer blade that gives a heal and mark target morph does also can't remember the name. Structured entropy from Mage guild is a good heal and health buff also
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    How are you running your stats 6 to 1 or 7 to 1 stam to health for pve seems to work ok
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't remember exactly, most of my points go to Stam, and a few go to health, don't really know the exact ratio though.
    You kite with bow? Id love to make bow work for me. I always use dual wield daggers in MMOs and I'd love a change. :)
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry just thought are you using foods? If you are recommend stay with solids they up your damage if u use a stam food or if you have it a stama Heath food works best.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2H provides a great heal from Rally whilst also providing Major Brutality (+20% weapon damage).

Without that or Vigor (gained via PvP) you're really going to struggle as a stamina build unless you're over-levelled.

If you're going DW & 2H then use DW as your DPS and 2H as your buff bar (also slot Reverse Slice/Exectutioner as this is a great boss execute)

If you're going Bow & 2H then use 2H as your main DPS bar and Bow as your buff bar (excluding Rally) and ranged/secondary DPS. Bow also provides a good synergy with Relentless Focus and Siphoning Attacks when kiting and at range.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I do with bow is lead with reapers mark and evil hunter then hit with lethal arrow from max distance , you will be able to hit two or there times before he moves at this point dodge roll forward (so AI knows your there or it will reset the battle) hit with venom arrow for interupt and poison dot then keep moving hitting light heavy venom
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    @craybest rally which is momentum from 2h tree has a hot/ burst heal and you can get vigor which is a strong hot from assault line in pvp
    Xbox 1 NA
    Stamblade: Grand overlord
    Stamsorc: Major
    Magplar: Centurion
    551k vma
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah I see, I guess I could change to 2h and bow then too. I have the 2h tree somewhat advanced too.