The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Enchanting writs question

Serenityx
Serenityx
✭✭✭
Got enchant to 50 and when I pull a writ I get one that requires me to make a "strong" (non vet rank) glyph that turns into a location at the rift. How or where must my alt obtain the writ for it to correspond to her enchant level of 50? She is only level 16 sorc but 50 enchant
  • RandalMarrs
    RandalMarrs
    ✭✭✭
    You need to add points to the potency improvement passive.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to assume that not only your skill is at 50, but you also have 10/10 points into Potency Improvement.

I'm not 100% sure as I haven't run into this situation personally so things may have changed...

Do you own the Orsinium DLC? That is where the highest tier writ is available from.

If you do own Orsinium, couple things. Writs won't make you go to places you cannot access - such as Cold Harbour. Secondly, this is where it "used to be" like this but I'm not 100% sure anymore, you used to HAVE to be a veteran rank character to achieve the highest writs. I know this from when Craglorn was where you would turn in the highest writ. If you were not a VR - you could not access Craglorn and therefore the game wouldn't give you the highest crafting writ tier available. If they system is needing to "check" that you were able to access previous tiers (AKA - Craglorn) it may not get past that check on Craglorn and therefore won't hand out the writ for Orsinium.

If anyone knows how this works now - if it has changed - please let me know!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    You have to unlock Coldharbor to get there to go up in tiers for the writs. Then to go to the next tier you have to be able to get to Craglorn. After those two are opened you can go to Orcinium if you have it for the last tier writ.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The transitions in the upper ranks of the Writs is just plain weird. The rules remind me of Fizzbin.

I think if you have Wrothgar, you should be able to turn in top tier writs there, if you have maxed out your Potency Level, as Wrothgar is not Level Locked. But not sure on that. For sure, your not going to get any writs to drop off in Craglorn until your Vet Ranked.

For Coldharbor, any level can get there by porting to a Guild mate or Friend who is up there. Then, start a conversation with the Groundskeeper and you can do writs up there, as long as your Potency or Material Passive is appropriate for that location. You don't have to take her tour, although these is no reason not to.
    Edited by Nestor on May 20, 2016 4:36PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks fortunately I do have orsinium so Ill be heading there now, does anyone know if vet zones such as craglorn are locked to non vets? Ive had no problem porting to non-vet zones but never tried porting to a player in a vet zone I guess I could just give it a shot real quick but I cant find in any vet zones currently
    Edited by Serenityx on May 20, 2016 4:47PM
    Options
  • RandalMarrs
    RandalMarrs
    ✭✭✭
    Need to be vet level or have completed the main story quest and the coldharbour quest line.
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Serenityx wrote: »
    Thanks fortunately I do have orsinium so Ill be heading there now, does anyone know if vet zones such as craglorn are locked to non vets? Ive had no problem getting anywhere in this game but never tried porting to a player in a vet zone I guess I could just give it a shot real quick but I cant find anyone currently

Craglorn is still locked, must be a vet. For Cadwell zones, minimum level is 45, as that is the level requirement to kill Molag Bal in Cold Harbour. You can then access those zones once you start the Cadwell quest. It will be interesting to see what changes to this come with veteran rank removal in a few weeks.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Just going to Orcinium wont do it, and you have to be VR to get into Craglorn.
    Options
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Need to be vet level or have completed the main story quest and the coldharbour quest line.

This...really stinks. I had no intention of leveling this alt as it was one of my first characters but didnt like the race I chose. Oh well I guess main story isnt that hard. Thanks so much! If anyone knows a way to circumvent this, that would be great just pm me if you dont wanna share it publicly ha
    Edited by Serenityx on May 20, 2016 4:50PM
    Options
  • RandalMarrs
    RandalMarrs
    ✭✭✭
    I believe what they said above is correct. Craglorn requires vet level.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by Nestor on May 20, 2016 5:12PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drop any current enchanting writs in your journal. Make sure "Potency Improvement" is maxed out in the Enchanting skill line. Potency Improvement controls writ level, not Enchanting skill level. Once you have that maxed out, go to Orsinium and take the writ from the board outside enchanting/alchemy building.

If you are still not getting writ to make VR15 glyph, I would submit a bug. They were supposed to fix writs so that low-level crafters were not locked out of them.
    Options
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    I did that, picked up a writ in shadowfen before making this post about an hour ago and dropped it in orsinium - picked one off the orsinium board got the same one requiring only a strong glyph to be crafted and ended up turning it into the rift. Ill try picking one up in orsinium after traveling around to coldharbour and wherever else I can go first. Maybe if that doesnt work Ill submit a ticket, thanks again all for the information! Ill update as soon as I find what does/doesnt work
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serenityx wrote: »
    I did that, picked up a writ in shadowfen before making this post about an hour ago and dropped it in orsinium - picked one off the orsinium board got the same one requiring only a strong glyph to be crafted and ended up turning it into the rift. Ill try picking one up in orsinium after traveling around to coldharbour and wherever else I can go first. Maybe if that doesnt work Ill submit a ticket, thanks again all for the information! Ill update as soon as I find what does/doesnt work

It doesn't matter where you pick up a writ. Have you been to Cold Harbour yet? Port to a friend there to the city, THEN pick up a writ and see if it wants you to turn it in in Cold harbour.

If so I'm afraid it looks like you need to be vet (or completely main story apparently) so it passes for the Craglorn check.

Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Traveled to cold harbour last night, and just now to wrothgar to pick up the writ, this time when I picked it up I didnt have one already pending. Yet Still getting level 20 writs that ask me to make "strong" (level 5 potency) glyphs. Yet my enchant is 50 and I have the full amount skill points in both potency and aspect. I also have skill points fully invested in all other perks as well. Should I submit a bug, or is this working as intended? Shes only level 16 sorc.. I really dont want to level her either I have no interest in the sorc class whatsoever right now

EDIT: As long as this is working this way, does anyone atleast know what rewards can be dropped from level 5 potency writ/surveys? Im assuming no kutas will be possible, because aspect improvement 3 requires an enchant level higher than 20 which is the level of the writ im able to to get now.
    Edited by Serenityx on May 21, 2016 6:44PM
    Options
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Well, for anyone interested I can atleast confirm Kutas can drop from level 5 enchant writ reward :) only my 4th ever writ also.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/S3r3n1ty17/screenshot/4264517

I also got a survey on the 3rd - complete crap. Some deteri a makko and rakeipa, alongside 4 white aspects. Probably will start to trash them if the next isnt atleast some decent essence runes.
    Edited by Serenityx on May 23, 2016 6:01PM
    Options
  • J4YDEE
    J4YDEE
    I received Kutas when turning in writs at Coldharbor, more than I do now in Craglorn.
    Options