Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Does anyone else love Khenarthi's Roost as much as I do?

BlitzGirl41
BlitzGirl41
✭✭
Honestly, it seals the deal for me to roll as a Khajit; I find myself being not nearly as interested in the other races anyway. What I really love about KR is the environment itself - it is a tropical island, with beautiful areas. I also love the fact that it is named after the Khajit goddess of wind. Now, the Khajit may view their gods as cats (they are basically cat versions of the deities of the religion practiced by the other races), but naming the island a "roost" just conjures up an image of Khenarthi being a bird of sorts in my mind. I really do find an interest in wind/sky deities in fiction, having created a few myself in the stories of mine that have a polytheistic religion/mythology. Also like how the temples on the island are dedicated to the moons, another theme that I tend to be interested in in fictional religions.

But, in the end, Khenarthi's Roost is very pretty and is an idyllic location to start the game in. I haven't gotten far in the game (my highest level character was about level 12-14), so I haven't seen much of the world, but so far KR is my favorite.

What do the rest of you think about KR? And if you don't think much about that location, then I would love to hear what your favorite zone in the game is. :smile:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like pretty much every zone, all for different reasons. Oh, and if you like KR, you would also like Stros Makai (sp?), similar feel, great characters. Although, that can be said about every zone.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always have a low level character there. Lots of Mats and chests. I also like that there are 5 skyshards there, so you can really get building skills up faster and earlier than other zones. Good for alternate crafters. But I also sent my lvl 20 there the other day to get a treasure chest and he looted a chest that had shoes of the shadow dancer in them, so I guess it could also be a good place to "grind" treasure chests lol while you collect low level mats.

The only drawback is no stables or crafting writs.
  • BlitzGirl41
    BlitzGirl41
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I like pretty much every zone, all for different reasons. Oh, and if you like KR, you would also like Stros Makai (sp?), similar feel, great characters. Although, that can be said about every zone.

I did start a Redguard once just to see that place, and I did like the desert setting. Just didn't beat all of the quests there since I've been fickle with my toons and getting sidetracked by other games and work and such... It's too bad that Elsewyr proper is not accessible (yet, I hope!), because whenever I've heard about it from the other TES games, I felt a great desire to want to explore it. Pretty much like the Khajit places best. Heard Reaper's March, a level 40-ish zone, is the closest we can get to Elsewyr?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did start a Redguard once just to see that place, and I did like the desert setting. Just didn't beat all of the quests there since I've been fickle with my toons and getting sidetracked by other games and work and such... It's too bad that Elsewyr proper is not accessible (yet, I hope!), because whenever I've heard about it from the other TES games, I felt a great desire to want to explore it. Pretty much like the Khajit places best. Heard Reaper's March, a level 40-ish zone, is the closest we can get to Elsewyr?
    If you liked Khenarthi's Roost, then yes, Reaper's March should be right up your street. Reaper's March straddles the border between Valenwood and Elsweyr, so you get one region of the zone that is the northern edge of the Valenwood forest, and two regions that are part of the Elsweyr grasslands. What's more, Reaper's March has one of the best storylines in the game, in my opinion.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like murdering sheep in Khenarthi's Roost!
    Enodoc wrote: »
    If you liked Khenarthi's Roost, then yes, Reaper's March should be right up your street. Reaper's March straddles the border between Valenwood and Elsweyr, so you get one region of the zone that is the northern edge of the Valenwood forest, and two regions that are part of the Elsweyr grasslands. What's more, Reaper's March has one of the best storylines in the game, in my opinion.

The Reaper's March main quest IS great, at first.

On subsequent playthroughs, it always seems to have an inordinate amount of unskippable dialogue/cutscene.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag even gets me in PvWords. Double Post deleted.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on May 19, 2016 2:06PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels like home . Reapers March too .
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very fond of Khenarthi's Roost, @BlitzGirl41. I've revisited several times with my Khajiit after moving on to Auridon, just so I can go on a wander around the island, stop off at the temples and engage in a bit of solo role-play. I love the little trader's tents and camps! I play the game really slowly (because I tend to wander around so much) so i'm nowhere near Reaper's March yet, but I hope it's got a similar feel to it.

A lovely starter island. And yes, feels very much like home.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Silverado
    Silverado
    ✭✭✭
    Yep the first Time I played kr I freaking loved it. It's a great place for sure. But then again, all of Tamriel makes me drool. Kr especially so.
    Ps4 NA Aldmeri Dominion
    Wood Elf 310 CP
    Aldmeri Trading Co Guild

• Leucius
    Leucius
    One of my favorite places in ESO is KR. It helps that AD has a cool community, too. :)
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be a lot better if there was an Outlaws Refuge there for all those thieving skooma addicts to fence and launder their ill gotten gains in.

They don't really join AD until after we get there, so why are they taking a ship to Auridon to visit a fence? It is a terrible oversight that makes you want to leave as soon as possible. Also, not enough guild traders for a race of traders.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love every zone that I have visited so far, the game is simply pretty awesome :)!!♥♥ love it!!
  • Jim_Berry
    Jim_Berry
    ✭✭✭
    In Final Fantasy XI, I was a Mithra (Cat Race) in Windhurst.

In Final Fantasy XIV, I am a Miqo'te (Cat Race) in Gridania.

In Elder Scrolls Online, I used to be a Khajiit (Cat Race) in Aldmeri Dominion.

All three games, characters, and locations mentions are all similar in look.

I was turned off from the snowy areas in Ebonheart, and I think Daggerfall is too stony and dusty.
  • BlackguardBob
    BlackguardBob
    ✭✭✭
    I like this zone but for different reason from the OP's. There is a lot of stuff you can achieve in this area if you are a completionist like me lol.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Mistral is one of my favorite cities :smile: I also love the quest line there.
  • Lorajet
    Lorajet
    ✭✭✭
    Starting over with a new character and setting out for KR. I agree, one of my favs and looking forward to exploring the area again. :)
  • AcesHighJPG
    AcesHighJPG
    Soul Shriven
    I sometimes go back there with my character just unarmed to one punch enemies lol, it is a beautiful area also
    Wood Elf~Stamina Nightblade~Archer & DualWield~AD-NA/PS4 AcesHighJPG
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    I think as an area it's ok. There are some nice locations there too. It is fun going back as a higher level character and seeing all the single digit characters running around and getting mashed by the sea vipers. Yeah that used to be me too.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • Hluill
    Hluill
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I think I like Stros M'kai a bit more than Kenarthi's Roost. It seems to me all the starter areas are more convenient for crafting and banks and dyes and Wayshrines, and Stros M'kai is the most convenient.
    Black-handed Hluill and his daughter Leyek of House Numaril.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, it seals the deal for me to roll as a Khajit; I find myself being not nearly as interested in the other races anyway. What I really love about KR is the environment itself - it is a tropical island, with beautiful areas. I also love the fact that it is named after the Khajit goddess of wind. Now, the Khajit may view their gods as cats (they are basically cat versions of the deities of the religion practiced by the other races), but naming the island a "roost" just conjures up an image of Khenarthi being a bird of sorts in my mind. I really do find an interest in wind/sky deities in fiction, having created a few myself in the stories of mine that have a polytheistic religion/mythology. Also like how the temples on the island are dedicated to the moons, another theme that I tend to be interested in in fictional religions.

But, in the end, Khenarthi's Roost is very pretty and is an idyllic location to start the game in. I haven't gotten far in the game (my highest level character was about level 12-14), so I haven't seen much of the world, but so far KR is my favorite.

What do the rest of you think about KR? And if you don't think much about that location, then I would love to hear what your favorite zone in the game is. :smile:

I like KR alot too, it was great to adventure there on my first character back in may 2014. Theres alot of nice scenery to look forward to, have fun:)

PC EU
    PvP only