The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"An Unusual Circumstance" issue (Spoiler)

Zhi_Long
Zhi_Long
I was doing the questline: Into The Woods and have taken the side on Tzik'nith, but when I realise the snake people went to the Wood Elf portal and killed all the elder Wood Elves, I really did not like the result and abandoned the quest right there.

I was hoping to be able to pick up the quest again and I could pick helping the Wood Elves insead.

Sadly, I could not find any quest marker to pick up the Into The Woods questline, nor Tzik'nith could be found anywhere.

I have contacted the ESO support and they have asked me to delete the game save data, leave Moonless Walk for 15 mins, come back and I should be able to meet Tzik'nith on Moonless walk.

I have done just that, but even leaving the game for 24 hours after deleting the game save data and logged off in another town altogether. As a result, Tzik'nith was nowhere to be found nor any of the Into The Woods quests could be picked up again.

The problem is, I need to finish this quest/ questline in order to open the middle gate of the Coldhorbar, otherwise I am simply stuck and unable to progress the game,

ESO support simply could not help further and have just asked me to report this as a bug and wait. I am rather worry about this, as they are saying, this is it, they can't help anymore.

One of the issue I suspect might be because I have abandoned the quest when Tzik'nith was in the Wood Elf council where one would need to step through a portal to enter, and since I had never finished the conversation with Tzik'nith before I have abounded it, Tzik'nith, might be inside of the portal area where I can't get to, is that a possibility? Or would any of you have another insight to resolve my problem?

Please let me know.
PS4: zhi_long
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The choice over whether to help the Lamias or the Wood Elves comes at the end of "Into the Woods", and as soon as you make that choice by talking to one or the other person, that quest ends and the choice is locked in, as you can't replay a completed quest (that itself isn't a bug).

Once completed, you will no longer be able to restart "Into the Woods" or make that choice again, but you should still be able to restart "An Unusual Circumstance" and continue the Coldharbour questline. There is no way to save the Wood Elf Elders though, as the choice made during "Into the Woods" seals their fate.

To start "An Unusual Circumstance" again, you should be able to find Tzik'nith near the outer wall of The Lightless Oubliette, near where the marker for Sergeant Kamu is on this map. The 15 minute log-off time that Support mentioned is enough to reset NPC positions, so Tzik'nith would no longer be in the council chamber. She may be hard to find initially, so keep looking on the compass for the "New Quest" marker as you go around the outside of The Lightless Oubliette.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Zhi_Long
    Zhi_Long
    Enodoc wrote: »
    The choice over whether to help the Lamias or the Wood Elves comes at the end of "Into the Woods", and as soon as you make that choice by talking to one or the other person, that quest ends and the choice is locked in, as you can't replay a completed quest (that itself isn't a bug).

Once completed, you will no longer be able to restart "Into the Woods" or make that choice again, but you should still be able to restart "An Unusual Circumstance" and continue the Coldharbour questline. There is no way to save the Wood Elf Elders though, as the choice made during "Into the Woods" seals their fate.

To start "An Unusual Circumstance" again, you should be able to find Tzik'nith near the outer wall of The Lightless Oubliette, near where the marker for Sergeant Kamu is on this map. The 15 minute log-off time that Support mentioned is enough to reset NPC positions, so Tzik'nith would no longer be in the council chamber. She may be hard to find initially, so keep looking on the compass for the "New Quest" marker as you go around the outside of The Lightless Oubliette.

Thank you for your help.

Zhi
    PS4: zhi_long