Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VR13 - VR16

Anasatsudo
Anasatsudo
✭✭
Hi guys,

Just a quick question.. I am looking at getting to VR16 by this weekend (5/20) and only have a few hours to play each day. So far, it's going by super slow. Attempting quests and grind spots (VR9 mobs, Imperial City grind). Any suggestions?
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your CP currently at?
  • Anasatsudo
    Anasatsudo
    ✭✭
    CP: 188

I do understand that the Dark Brotherhood patch will make me "max level", but I'm looking at the 3 extra skill points.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK you'll get the three skill points because the 15 extra from Vet levels will now be given between L1-49. So if you were say V2 when DB comes, you'll also get them. I may've missed something though so please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on May 17, 2016 8:59AM
  • Anasatsudo
    Anasatsudo
    ✭✭
    It was on the live stream, something about extra skill points if you are vr16 to make it fair for people that leveled to vet16
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, thanks for the info.

If you have Orsinum then Rkindaleft is a good spot to grind. Aside from that it really depends what faction you're in and I only know of EP places.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anasatsudo wrote: »
    It was on the live stream, something about extra skill points if you are vr16 to make it fair for people that leveled to vet16

Attribute points are more important, are they capping those too? Will be a mess if they don't.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anasatsudo wrote: »

You won't get any extra skill points or attribute points for making it to v16 before DB, everyone after level 50 will have the same number of points.

You will get bonus champion points for having at least one v16, but those same points can be earned normally after DB drops.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Nightingale1176
    This is from Patch notes 2.4.0 on PTS

ZOS_GinaBruno
    admin
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES

Base Game Patch

Veteran Rank Removal
    Veteran Ranks have been completely removed from the game in this update! Your strength after level 50 is now simply your number of Champion Points. As Champion Points are gained much faster than Veteran Ranks, this will allow you to advance more rapidly and start getting the best gear in the game faster.
    You’ll keep all your hard-earned attribute and skill points you received from gaining Veteran Ranks, and new players will instead earn them while leveling up to level 50.
    You will receive 2 points every level that ends in a 5
    You will receive 3 points every level that ends in a 10
    You will continue to get 1 point for levels 2-49
    You will receive 10 Champion Points as soon as you hit level 50 if your account doesn’t have any Champion Points already.
    We will be awarding a one-time bonus of 2.5 Champion Points per Veteran Rank gained on your highest level character when you first log in when Dark Brotherhood is released!
    Each Veteran Rank will grant 2.5 Champion Points, up to a maximum of 40 points at VR16.
    Reaching level 50 with a second character means you can immediately equip gear up to your account’s Champion Point value since Champion Points are shared across all characters on an account.
    Old Veteran Rank Items and monsters will now display Champion Points.
    For items, this describes the number of Champion Points required to equip them.
    For monsters, the number of Champion Points describes the monster’s strength.
    Every Veteran Rank is equivalent to 10 Champion Points.
    For example: A monster that used to be VR12 will now be Champion Point 120.
    Monsters will now scale up faster in difficulty through veteran zones.
    Experience gain rules will continue to function as they did for Veteran Ranks:
    Mobs 40 Champion Points below your level will grant 75% of their normal XP.
    Mobs 50 or more Champion Points below your level will grant 30% of their normal XP.
    Abilities no longer increase their cost by 1% per Veteran Rank, but will now increase at their normal rate for every 10 Champion points, up to a cap of 160.
    Most abilities will cost about the same, but cost reduction abilities should return more predictable results.
    Core mechanics (sprint, dodge, block, CC break) will now be slightly more expensive.
    Silver and Gold zones have been releveled to account for the increased speed at which you gain Champion Points.
    The Champion Point cap will remain at 501 for this update.
    The Character Select screen now indicates how many Champion Points your account has.
    Item tooltips have been updated to support the removal of Veteran Ranks.
    Level requirements for items previously referencing Veteran Ranks will now reference Champion.
    Gold Value has been moved to the bottom of the tooltip.
    Guild, Friends, and Group lists now display Champion Points for anyone above level 50, rather than their Veteran Rank.
    The XP bar has been modified to show Champion progression after hitting level 50.
    Loot history will now include the enlightenment bonus when showing XP gains.
    Founder - Nightingale Supply Co. YouTube - Nightingale Gaming

Alexxia Aurelia - Stamplar
    Arena Gabrielle - Templar Healer
    Auri-ela - Magic Templar
    Crazy Uncle Sheo - DK Tank/Fire Mage - Retired
    Karliah Riggs - Crafter
    Nocturnal - NB Magic DPS
    Rolex Light-Dweller - Sorc
    Talks-N-Third-Person - NB Stamina DPS - Retired
    Tank Force One - DK Tank
    Valeriya Skoria - v16 DK Fire mage
  • Nightingale1176
    Founder - Nightingale Supply Co. YouTube - Nightingale Gaming

Alexxia Aurelia - Stamplar
    Arena Gabrielle - Templar Healer
    Auri-ela - Magic Templar
    Crazy Uncle Sheo - DK Tank/Fire Mage - Retired
    Karliah Riggs - Crafter
    Nocturnal - NB Magic DPS
    Rolex Light-Dweller - Sorc
    Talks-N-Third-Person - NB Stamina DPS - Retired
    Tank Force One - DK Tank
    Valeriya Skoria - v16 DK Fire mage
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Anasatsudo
    You are just fine where you sit at vr13 because you have the requisite CP 160 to wear what is currently vr16 gear.

My advice: go pvp or pve for fun or (better yet), see if you can get another character to 50 before DB drops.

That way, your current vr13 will be as fully functional as any vr16 after the change and your new level 50 will too.

As others have said, you'll still get all the skull points and all the attribute points that any current v16 will get / would have gotten. You just get a second char jumped to max level and all without having to grind the worst 3 levels in the game.

True, you'll be lacking a couple of champion points (only 30) but just like wayfarerx said: you'll make those up someday just by playing. Only now you'll have two chars contributing.
    Edited by Kungfu on May 17, 2016 7:37PM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since each Vet level requires the same number of XP (870k?) the easiest method I've found for levelling up has been doing dailies in Cyrodiil 4-5 times weekly (as well as doing the Cadwell's Silver-specific quests) while using either a Crown Exp Scroll or Psijic. Last night I did the Vlastarus and 7/10 Cropsford quests plus a Fighter's Guild Bounty and a Cyrodiil "wilderness" quest in about 90min, which gave me about half a veteran level.

In about 5 weeks I've gone from vet 2.5 to 13.5 (as of last night)... and I can't believe I used to think it difficult to go up vet levels.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER