Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Looking for Motifs..

DaveDuR
DaveDuR
I am a long time player on PC and just switched to PS4. I am trying to find all of the crafting motifs with no luck. I would like to buy/trade motifs if anyone has extra (or is feeling charitable).
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    They go very cheap now in guild stores
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • AugustoCP
    AugustoCP
    ✭✭✭
    Racial motifs are super cheap on guild stores. You can usually get the 8 you don' get at character creation for under 1000g (except for the Imperial one. That one is expensive af)
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dwemmer and Ancient orc are a nightmare to find. Especially ancient orc which is only dropped in old orsinium or you can pay a bombshell of 5000 crowns for it. If you do sewer runs in the imperial city you can get xivkin (mainly from trophy vaults) and pact motifs from chests and bosses. I was very lucky with imperial. I found the whole thing in a backpack at level 30 :)
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely look in the guild stores. Console is generally more expensive than PC, so you'll see higher prices.

If you're starting from scratch, then I'm guessing you don't have much gold to spend on motifs, so you could also resort to stealing. This will get you the blue motifs, and possibly the Imperial motif with good RNG. The 4 original purple ones drop now in the Hollow City in Coldharbour, as well as Orsinium, so prices on these in the guild stores have been plummeting.

As for the motifs broken out into pages, you'll have to resort to spending gold at the guild traders or grinding for them.

I'm on XB, so I can't help other than to give some advice. :p
  • J4YDEE
    J4YDEE
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    The 4 original purple ones drop now in the Hollow City in Coldharbour, as well as Orsinium, so prices on these in the guild stores have been plummeting

Could you tell me a bit more about this? Is there a particularly good place to farm in the hollow city? Or orsinium? Spent a lot of time searching in Orsinium, not found anything, any good tips? I'm also on Xb1
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    J4YDEE wrote: »
    The 4 original purple ones drop now in the Hollow City in Coldharbour, as well as Orsinium, so prices on these in the guild stores have been plummeting

Could you tell me a bit more about this? Is there a particularly good place to farm in the hollow city? Or orsinium? Spent a lot of time searching in Orsinium, not found anything, any good tips? I'm also on Xb1

I used to steal stuff at the locations for the dailies in Wrothgar at pick up and drop off. You can get them there as well as treasure maps, blue and purple recipes, and obviously goods to fence at the Outlaw's Refuge. Probably got 4 or 5 of them in a couple months span just from searching those to places twice a day on most days.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• J4YDEE
    J4YDEE
    Danksta wrote: »

I used to steal stuff at the locations for the dailies in Wrothgar at pick up and drop off. You can get them there as well as treasure maps, blue and purple recipes, and obviously goods to fence at the Outlaw's Refuge. Probably got 4 or 5 of them in a couple months span just from searching those to places twice a day on most days.

Today, I got a purple motif & purple recipe at the place where I did the daily, so many greens to, so thanks for the advice
    Edit: today two purple recipes
    Edited by J4YDEE on May 20, 2016 8:56PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just hit all the furniture in the zone. I have found 3 purples in Coldharbor while doing that zone on a alt recently, two in the Hollow City, and one out in the zone somewhere. Motifs are found in Furniture all over the place, urns, and burned crates and barrels. Backpacks in the overworld and in Delves drop them, but not the backpacks you find in the cities. Although, you may only find them now in the backpacks in delves and dungeons.

But, the original purple motifs are so cheap now in the guild stores, you would better served spending the time grinding on the zombies at the vile lab, and selling the loot and just buy the things. Then you get skills leveled and loot for decon/research and bait for fishing.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"