Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trading without guild?

Eshenya
Eshenya
✭✭
Is there a way to offer items for sale, like in the guild stores, without being in a guild? I don't want to have to run around advertise things or bother having to get on my pc just to post ads in forums. I just want to place it in a stall so people can see what I have to offer and then buy them if they like.
I found a bunch of low level set items which are just eating up space and I'd rather not dismantle them or sell them to an npc..

Thanks in advance!
This one does not appreciate txt tlk, elitism and foul language.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For now there's only zone chat, people have been asking for an auction house system, but I'm not sure there's any official confirmation that Zos is planning this or not :/
    PC/EU DC
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For now there's only zone chat, people have been asking for an auction house system, but I'm not sure there's any official confirmation that Zos is planning this or not :/

ZOS have confirmed they're not going to do it many times.

They are very happy with the current system and plan to continue it going forwards with additional merchants release in each zone.

@Eshenya I would recommend looking into joining a trade guild. There are a number of good ones which don't have membership fees and are happy to keep playing in as long as they make some sales and bring in some gold. If you're worried about not having enough items to sell then look for a casual trade and PUG guild which you can use to sell casually whilst also having access to players for daily content.

If you're really adverse to joining a guild then as TheWhiteDarkness said your only option is zone chat (which is an issue on console until they finish the update for text chat)

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Eshenya
    Eshenya
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    @Eshenya I would recommend looking into joining a trade guild. There are a number of good ones which don't have membership fees and are happy to keep playing in as long as they make some sales and bring in some gold. If you're worried about not having enough items to sell then look for a casual trade and PUG guild which you can use to sell casually whilst also having access to players for daily content.

If you're really adverse to joining a guild then as TheWhiteDarkness said your only option is zone chat (which is an issue on console until they finish the update for text chat)

Thanks for the info.
    This one does not appreciate txt tlk, elitism and foul language.
  • poochie
    poochie
    ✭✭✭
    How do I "buy" stuff? I "bought" items but they have not appeared in my inventory or mail. First time doing this in this game so it might work differently than WoW or FFXIV.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a trade guild, turn off that guild chat and forget they exist except to post items in the store. For many midrange trade guilds, all they ask is that you use the store to sell. Many don't have sales expectations or donation requirements.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    poochie wrote: »
    How do I "buy" stuff? I "bought" items but they have not appeared in my inventory or mail. First time doing this in this game so it might work differently than WoW or FFXIV.

Your items will go to your mail. Unfortunately ZoS is using an in game mail system slower than real world snail mail. It will come eventually but if you rezone or relog it pops instantly. Why instant mail is a system ZoS can't manage is beyond my comprehension when games were doing it 20+ years ago.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if your mail box is full of Hireling emails, even ones you have already collected from, then your purchased items won't appear until you delete some of the old messages. Failing that, try logging out and back in.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER