Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What materials will be affected with DB update?

Serenityx
Serenityx
✭✭✭
Hi all, so I know about the change to potency runes becoming available from vendors. Im not too worried about that, I actually see it as a bit positive because potency runes are often very overpriced in guild stores (atleast on xbone NA..). As a player that buys most of their materials from other players, I'm a bit curious as to how the DB patch/DLC might affect other materials availability/supply. What materials besides potency runes do you guys think will be affected? As a console player with no access to the PTS, can anyone let me know what materials will likely have a high demand after DB? If I'm correct, things like poisons will require alchemy reagants. Can anyone clarify what reagants will be used there as well as any other materials that might be affected by DB? Thanks
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are new Reagents called "Oils" that are used in Poison making instead of solvents. My understanding is that oils drop from corresponding monsters: Spiders drop "Spider venom." Also, I think many of the poisons can be make from the existing less desirable alchemy ingredients like some of the shrooms with the negative traits.

I'd also start saving alternative forms of currency like Tel Var, and AP.
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tip! Good thing I finally decided to farm a bit of those TV things the other day. And if anyone else that plays PC/has access to PTS can clarify the specific regeants that'd be awesome. Good to know it will require a unique solvent, now I wonder how those solvents will drop if it also determines the level of the poison? Or does the level simply correspond with the weapon it is applied to?

Anymore info on other materials who's supply/demand might be affected would be greatly appreciated as well! Thanks in advance anyone
    Edited by Serenityx on May 15, 2016 5:32AM
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vr16 refined mats are at an all-time low. Everyone and their dog is going to be remaking or making new armor and weapons when the new DLC is released. Expect those prices to jump dramatically at the end of the month.

I'd make sure that you have enough mats on hand to make all the new armor and weapons that you're going to need prior to release day, because those prices are going up once the cheap stuff has either been bought out, or the prices raised proactively by the sellers.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    Vr16 refined mats are at an all-time low. Everyone and their dog is going to be remaking or making new armor and weapons when the new DLC is released. Expect those prices to jump dramatically at the end of the month.

I'd make sure that you have enough mats on hand to make all the new armor and weapons that you're going to need prior to release day, because those prices are going up once the cheap stuff has either been bought out, or the prices raised proactively by the sellers.

I'm already decked out.

So holding on to mine till patch is out and then selling at a premium :)
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'm decked out too, I'm also anticipating that trait, gear, and CP changes, as well as new crafted and dropped sets, may change my mind as to what I should be using.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops
    Edited by Pomaikai on May 19, 2016 2:30PM