The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

how long does it take for you to get another char delete?

CokeVoAYCE
CokeVoAYCE
✭✭✭✭
cuz im waiting and have to re-roll again cuz i chose the wrong voice.. :/
  • Apothecy
    Apothecy
    ✭✭✭
    24 hours
    Main: Imperial -- Nightblade -- LVL 50
    Faction: Daggerfall Covenant
    Platform: PC
    Options
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apothecy wrote: »
    24 hours

are u kidding me
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you should have no reason to need more than 3 deletes in a day.
    Options
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭

ummm yes i do?
    Options
  • binho
    binho
    ✭✭✭
    It's frustrating! But yeah, it's 24 hours...
    After 3 attempts I finally managed to get the right hair on my toon number 8 :p
    And in 24hours you only get one delete so make sure you get it right this time OP lol
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it has changed, but I believe it used to be 24 hours per delete that was used, and the time stacked. So if you used 3 you would have to wait 3 days before getting them back, instead of getting the first one back after 24 hours.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CokeVoAYCE wrote: »

ummm yes i do?

Not really... there are only a few ways to make a character, you have 8 slots, and you are able to preview and look at every aspect of your character before it is created.
    Options
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    binho wrote: »
    It's frustrating! But yeah, it's 24 hours...
    After 3 attempts I finally managed to get the right hair on my toon number 8 :p
    And in 24hours you only get one delete so make sure you get it right this time OP lol

i had it perfect until i realized the voice was wrong. >.<
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ummm yes i do?

Not really... there are only a few ways to make a character, you have 8 slots, and you are able to preview and look at every aspect of your character before it is created.

So what if you already have SEVEN slots taken?!? The problem is, first, the voices don't always give you enough information... the 'grunts' may sound OK in create, but once you start playing, you hear all sorts of character sounds that can get annoying quickly. Second, what you see in character creator is not always what you get on Live... try adjusting the eyebrows so they're actually even in creator and they will be off in Live. This is why you have to leave them looking uneven in the creator, so they look normal on Live. It's very frustrating to wait 24 hours... and that's 24 hours from your last delete. It'll be nicer when we can buy additional character slots so this won't be as much of a problem.

For now, I have learned to create characters on PTS as a 'preview' for what they will be on Live. I take screenshots of the settings before I hit 'create' just so if everything works I can recreate it exactly on Live.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

ummm yes i do?

So what if you already have SEVEN slots taken?!? The problem is, first, the voices don't always give you enough information... the 'grunts' may sound OK in create, but once you start playing, you hear all sorts of character sounds that can get annoying quickly. Second, what you see in character creator is not always what you get on Live... try adjusting the eyebrows so they're actually even in creator and they will be off in Live. This is why you have to leave them looking uneven in the creator, so they look normal on Live. It's very frustrating to wait 24 hours... and that's 24 hours from your last delete. It'll be nicer when we can buy additional character slots so this won't be as much of a problem.

For now, I have learned to create characters on PTS as a 'preview' for what they will be on Live. I take screenshots of the settings before I hit 'create' just so if everything works I can recreate it exactly on Live.

Problem is you a) play with sound, b) care way too much about a characters look.
    These are your problems, not the fault of the developers. As far as the eyebrows, I dont believe you because I have never seen a way to adjust them independently.
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keep hitting the sample sound when you make your character. You get to hear more than one of the "battle sounds".
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that if you're on PC, the PTS has 12 character slots for which you can experiment for the Altoholics out there (8 + the 4 new character slots). Just be sure to save screenshots of the character selection bars.

Having said that ...

... as the other poster said ...

... there's no reason to need more than 3 deletes in a day.
    Options
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

ummm yes i do?

that PTS idea is a good one. i should've thought of that. thanks
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ummm yes i do?

Umm,..why? Do you create and destroy 3 alts a day?
    Options
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apothecy wrote: »
    24 hours

are u kidding me

Download PTS and design your characters there. It has no deletion limit.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Options