The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Do caltrops stack?

Refuse2GrowUp
Refuse2GrowUp
✭✭✭✭✭
Simple question, but not one I can find a simple answer to.

Any definitive answer would be great

Edit: To clarify. I know they do not stack when a single individual throws multiple. I am asking if it stacks if multiple players use caltrops? Furthermore, if it does not (which doesn't make much sense it wouldn't), would two players using different morphs, and maybe a third unmorphed, then cause them to stack?

The reason I ask is that I have been under the impression they do stack, just as WoE, arrow barrage, shards, lig lightnening, etc, stack. Yet, it came up today and several players in a raid group were swearing they do not stack.
Edited by Refuse2GrowUp on May 13, 2016 5:26AM
PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
CP160 StamSorc
CP160 Templar Healer
CP160 Stam NB
CP160 Magica Sorc
Cp160 Stamplar
CP160 Magicka NB
CP160 DK Tank
CP160 Stam DK
CP160 Mag Templar
CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
  • Shadowfx1970
    Shadowfx1970
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe so
    I went outside once, the graphics were awesome but the gameplay sucked
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They definitely do NOT stack
    Options
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should. Like other AoEs
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. No ground abities can stack on themselves.
    Options
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Sorry, edited the OP. I think you are saying such skills don't stack on themselves when thrown by the same person. I'm with you on that; sorry for the vague post. I am interested to confirm if they do or do not stack when used by multiple players in a raid group.
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar

EP Loyalist
    Options
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No only one from party is effective.
    My internet is invalid
    Options
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Yes they do just not caltrops. Eruption and Liquid Lightning do, as well as Wall of Elements, ...
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I've just tested this and only 2 caltrops on a boss and both us got damage ticks showing up? No other attacks being used at all.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've just tested this and only 2 caltrops on a boss and both us got damage ticks showing up? No other attacks being used at all.

Was the boss's actual health going down at the same rate? It would be awesome if we could have 2 or more Caltrops.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
    Options
  • mr1sho
    mr1sho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do stack especially if you have different morphs
    Gold Company Commander
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can defiantly stack ground based AoE's....however it will still only effect 5 players. If there are more then 5 players on that specific area, then it would be a good idea to have more.

For instance if you have 6 people setting caltrops on a keep breech, 30 people will be effected trying to run through.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    mr1sho wrote: »
    They do stack especially if you have different morphs

SO in PVP most people take Razor.

If this is true it would behoove a special snowflake to take the anti calvary morph.

Interesting.
    Options
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still plenty of differing opinions here with some saying no and some saying yes. Really hoping someone with PC addons can test to confirm with absolute certainty.

Note that on console we can see dmg ticks with multiple players using them. However, someone was saying it is a UI error and that pc tested it and confirmed that dmg is actually resulting from only a single player. I personally have not seen such a claim, but would like to know for sure one way or the other.
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar

EP Loyalist
    Options
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    The effects of the Caltrops will not stack but the damage will. If your Caltrops does 300 a tick to a target and someone else's Caltrops is doing 200 a tick, the damage from both you and the other person will be active. If two Caltrops are placed on top of another, the slow effects will only apply once from one Caltrops.
    Options