Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What's going to happen to vet 1-14 crafting mats?

johu31
johu31
✭✭✭✭
Am I wrong or are they going to be obsolete after DB? Champion point 100-160 is a breeze with the catchup mechanic. Not to mention many Alts will be max level after DB goes live.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    johu31 wrote: »
    Am I wrong or are they going to be obsolete after DB? Champion point 100-160 is a breeze with the catchup mechanic. Not to mention many Alts will be max level after DB goes live.

Sell 'em off now.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    I used mine to craft and then decon on several alts to get an extra hireling drop. Selling them is also an option. I wonder what else there is that will be affected in this way...
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trash can.
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on the PC NA. Mail them all to me, I will be happy to take them off your hands!!!!
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    V10-14 mats will still be valuable. Need them for writs, and often I'll make a set of v14 gear to test out a new load out before I make it in v16.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine are going to be used as Writ fuel once my latest bank alt gets past Coldharbour.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    V1-16 crafting will be scaled to cp, example voidstone currently starts at V8 and ends at V14, it will start at 80cp and end at 140cp. Any rubinite mats will start at 150cp. A lot of people will be at 160 cp when they remove vet levels, so sell off your lower level mats or use em for writs.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on May 15, 2016 1:48PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is your first veteran character, I would keep current VR1, VR9 and VR15 mats (voidstone starts from vr9, not vr8). Make first veteran CP10 gear. Then the first hundred CP will come flying in. The two later mats cover everything above CP90.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    V9-14 Void mats will still be in high demand from non-DLC players as they are our max crafting writ dailies in Craglorn. Many of us choose not to go DLC for this reason, as we get better chances at acquiring Nirncrux from our Surveys in Craglorn than we would otherwise from farming in the zone itself. All while still being able to have 10/10 crafting and be able to use and acquire Ruby mats in scaled areas like Cyrodiil for Cloth, Ore, and Wood as well as Dungeons for Ruby leather scraps.
    V1-16 crafting will be scaled to cp, example voidstone currently starts at V8 and ends at V14, it will start at 80cp and end at 140cp. Any rubinite mats will start at 150cp. A lot of people will be at 160 cp when they remove vet levels, so sell off your lower level mats or use em for writs.

I would say this is half-true the disclaimer is "Scaled" areas of 160 CP will have Ruby mats. The Cadwell Gold zone of CP will remain exactly what it is today, what used to be VR8-14 will still be Void mats even though they are all converted to 160 CP.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on May 16, 2016 5:10AM
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember when the champion point catch-up system came out. I flew from 1 to 180 it seemed like. I just don't think there will be ANY demand for anything less that void. What's the point of crafting cp 50 armor if 8 hours later your ready for cp 80 armor?

The way it sits now on Xbox one NA, there is a nice market for crafters and these crafting materials. Many people here leveled up Alts to vet levels during cake week and upgrade armor every 4 vet levels.

I'm just surprised more crafters aren't pushing back on this.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You make so much money at max lvl OP it doesn't even matter :smile:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."