The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ideas on fixing weapons displayed not changing when switching bars?

kargen27
kargen27
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Happens mostly in dungeons and large battles. One character I am using a staff on one bar and duel wield on the other. When I switch bars the weapons do not change, but the skills work as if the weapons changed. Seems to happen most when going from duel wield to staff. It looks like I am still holding my swords but all the staff skills and other skills on the bar work. Makes it hard to know what I am about to cast because I don't know which bar I am actually on. I found one thread (can't find it now) that said to switch the staff from bar two to bar one but that didn't work for me. Am curious if this is still happening for other people and if there is anything else I can try.
and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • morahku
    morahku
    Soul Shriven
    Have you tried Repairing through the ESO download client?

I did a repair and it fixed that laggy problem I was having in public dungeons with weapon-swaps.
    "For She is the scintilla that fears not darkness, and swims the waves of pull and spin...."

Guildmaster of: The Foundry of Merid-Nunda
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will give that a try.
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happens quite often with my Templar healer. I have a Kahjiit Resto staff on my main bar, and a Dunmer Resto staff on my back bar. The two are very distinctive looking so I can instantly tell just by looking at the staff which bar I have up. But when this bug comes up, it can really cause some issues. About the only thing I've found to fix it is just do a /reloadui
    Options
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is an addon that fixes this, but it adds to lag... basically, it toggles your helm on/off. u don't see it happen, but thats how it fixes it.
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repair didn't work. I can unequip the weapon then equip it again to make things right again. Next big fight though it usually just happens again.
    Options