The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Remove ESO plus specific to Xbox one (put DLC in xb store & remove sku for ESO Plus off Xbox Store)

NewBlacksmurf
NewBlacksmurf
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So while this may not impact everyone it seems obvious that ZOS isn't on track or committed to resolving the ongoing ESO plus (no crowns or DLC access) issues.

I'm proposing that the existing crown pack purchases remain but for every 1500 crowns, there would be 30 days of ESO plus benefits (some changes may apply)

Change to ESO plus is that this program is an auto renewal of crown packs specifically to mean that the sku that crown packs are purchased under be used instead of the ESO plus sku.

This is also to suggest that DLC be moved to the Xbox store and out of the crown store.
The crown pack give us crowns 100% of the time. Why not just go with what works and do away with what you're not committed to resolving?
@ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Please acknowledge
Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 12, 2016 3:33PM
-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your proposal would solve the problem of missing Crowns, but I'm not sure if it would solve the problem of periodic loss of ESO+ benefits and access to DLC. Well, for DLC, if you purchase it, then that's solved. But there might still be some disconnect between purchasing Crown packs and having ESO+, since often, when I was subbed, I'd have my benefits but not my Crowns, or vice versa.

The ongoing problems with ESO+ on XB is the reason I cancelled my sub in February, and I had been subbed without interruption since early access on PC. I had planned to continue subbing on console, but the headaches with ESO+ prompted me to stop.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe I too have moved away from subbing due to ongoing and never resolved issues.

I'm hoping to suggest some solutions but as you mention, the DLC problems may still exist. It's prob time for ZOS to just put the DLC in the actual game store and stop trying to make ppl buy things twice per server and offer things once.

The edit should be to make the sky's Xbox store and take all out of the crown store
  • Foreverxghosty
    So while this may not impact everyone it seems obvious that ZOS isn't on track or committed to resolving the ongoing ESO plus (no crowns or DLC access) issues.

I'm proposing that the existing crown pack purchases remain but for every 1500 crowns, there would be 30 days of ESO plus benefits (some changes may apply)

Change to ESO plus is that this program is an auto renewal of crown packs specifically to mean that the sku that crown packs are purchased under be used instead of the ESO plus sku.

This is also to suggest that DLC be moved to the Xbox store and out of the crown store.
    The crown pack give us crowns 100% of the time. Why not just go with what works and do away with what you're not committed to resolving?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Please acknowledge

I dont have that problem on Console anymore they fixed it a while back and everyone I know receives their crowns every month once their ESO plus renews
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont have that problem on Console anymore they fixed it a while back and everyone I know receives their crowns every month once their ESO plus renews
    I also do not have any issues since they announced a fix back in November 2015, I have been subscribing since June 2015.

I wonder if it is an issue with people who have subscribed after the last fix in November 2015 ......

They did state on the last ESO Live that they have been working on it. They stated it was on Microsoft's side and they were working with Microsoft to resolve the issue ......

I have not seen any posts from PC or PS4 subscribers with the same issue that people with XB1 have. Leads me to believe it is not only a ZOS issue, it appears to be between both Microsoft and ZOS .....

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    I also do not have any issues since they announced a fix back in November 2015, I have been subscribing since June 2015.

I wonder if it is an issue with people who have subscribed after the last fix in November 2015 ......

They did state on the last ESO Live that they have been working on it. They stated it was on Microsoft's side and they were working with Microsoft to resolve the issue ......

I have not seen any posts from PC or PS4 subscribers with the same issue that people with XB1 have. Leads me to believe it is not only a ZOS issue, it appears to be between both Microsoft and ZOS .....

It's a ZOS issue.
    They Microsoft part works fine, but ZOS is who grants the crowns to our account. The DLC part, if there are issues with Xbox Live the certification seems to drop and disable access which is also a ZOS issue. Just put DLC in the Xbox store and move on.
    It seems it's somewhat of thing they aren't familiar with so I think it's time to do something different. The reference during QnA at PAX East caused me to create this thread after again not getting crowns.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 14, 2016 2:55AM
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has this been fixed?
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed? Well it works for some not for all. I've been subscribed since game released on PC before it was ESO+ and I cannot access ESO+. I paid for it, microsoft took the money, but says I'm not an active ESO+ member.... So for me no.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • MAtomwest
    MAtomwest
    Soul Shriven
    These are my thoughts regarding the issues with the ESO plus accounts on the Xbox One (let me reiterate here: my thoughts, not facts) and I have only come to this after many attempts of testing and "contacting" the powers that be.

Now, I cannot speak for those who had ESO Plus memberships pre-"The 2015 Xbox ESO+ Fix", but as for the 3 memberships I pay for: Mine, My husband's and our daughter's account, we have an issue that seems to be connected to Microsoft setting up "renewal dates" on a selection that is clearly marked as a "One month purchase" with the only other option being "redeem code".

It seems that when "your time is up" ESO removes you from your Plus account, then, if you are lucky, you will renew a day later (whenever server times line up). The issue now is that you have paid for your next month as part of the earlier purchase, as far as Microsoft is concerned, but ESO still has that "one purchase" that was written as "one month", and they are waiting for your next "purchase".

Again, this is based on my personal experiences and tests, and lack of real contact support from Microsoft or ZOS. Still testing some theories, hopefully I will be able to add a useful update to this in the next day or so. I would love to avoid canceling and resubscribing three accounts every single month. I can't imagine that not getting old really fast.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAtomwest wrote: »
    These are my thoughts regarding the issues with the ESO plus accounts on the Xbox One (let me reiterate here: my thoughts, not facts) and I have only come to this after many attempts of testing and "contacting" the powers that be.

Now, I cannot speak for those who had ESO Plus memberships pre-"The 2015 Xbox ESO+ Fix", but as for the 3 memberships I pay for: Mine, My husband's and our daughter's account, we have an issue that seems to be connected to Microsoft setting up "renewal dates" on a selection that is clearly marked as a "One month purchase" with the only other option being "redeem code".

It seems that when "your time is up" ESO removes you from your Plus account, then, if you are lucky, you will renew a day later (whenever server times line up). The issue now is that you have paid for your next month as part of the earlier purchase, as far as Microsoft is concerned, but ESO still has that "one purchase" that was written as "one month", and they are waiting for your next "purchase".

Again, this is based on my personal experiences and tests, and lack of real contact support from Microsoft or ZOS. Still testing some theories, hopefully I will be able to add a useful update to this in the next day or so. I would love to avoid canceling and resubscribing three accounts every single month. I can't imagine that not getting old really fast.

You're not far off but all of this is directly tied to how ZOS had Microsoft set it up in the store as well as how DLC is on the crown store and not in the Xbox store.

It's completely possible that ZOS asked one thing and got another but because u til last week, no comments from ZOS or info showing their attempts to change it, I blame ZOS.

The other part is that ZOS is very uninformed now based on their choice to be, with how Xbox live works therefore this issue exists and was never fixed as they announced because they didn't ask enough to fully understand what needed to be in place to offer the options they hoped to provide to us customers.

Having tried the aubscribe both pre and post 2015, I'm getting the same crown results but now DLC issues from time to time so it's gotten worse.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Microsoft does a weird thing with their billing, in that they want subscriptions to be billed all on one date.

For me, that meant the 27th of the month. Well, I started my ESO+ on the 9th of June, which meant that my ESO+ would "renew" on the 9th, but MS would not charge my credit card until the 27th of the month, which is my XB Live renewal date. So, there was this disconnect between my renewal date and when my card would actually be charged.

After the announced fix in November 2015, I did start receiving my Crowns again every month. However, I still felt compelled to check every month to be sure I indeed received them.

What caused me to unsub was the periodic loss of my ESO+ benefits, which caused research to take longer, loss of access to DLC areas, etc. I just got tired of having to micromanage my account and losing access to my benefits. So, I cancelled and decided to support the game by purchasing the DLC I wanted to play and buying regular and Limited Time items from the Crown Store (even the expensive Dro'mAthra senche).

From the threads that keep popping up regarding ESO+ on XB, this is clearly an issue that is NOT resolved. Working for some, yes, but many others, no. So, to me it's broken and needs to be fixed. When it actually IS fixed, I'll sub again.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe

Consider that ever month doesn't have the same amount of day so being that late at the end of a month, it's going to fluctuate when the charge is processed which can differ from the charge date.

That may better explain your experience. It's always best to subscribe from days 1-24 in any month.

For sure tho it's definately not working for enough that's is still a big issue.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on July 21, 2016 1:57AM
  • EZgoin76
    EZgoin76
    ✭✭✭✭
    It surprised me because after November 2015, I had zero problems with ESO plus until last month when they said they had installed a new "fix" for the problem.

After their supposed "fix", the day my ESO plus was supposed to renew, it disappeared instead. No amount of clearing my cache, setting my ports, clearing my saved data, and a full reinstall "never doing that again", fixed anything. So I contacted MS to refund my money and then subscribed again.

This fixed my problem but I have yet to get this month's crowns. Shouldn't I have received 1500 crowns when I renewed my subscription?

I do like your idea @NewBlacksmurf but like a poster above pointed out. How do we keep from losing our benefits. Most I could live without except for the DLC's and the craft bag.
    Edited by EZgoin76 on July 22, 2016 11:46PM
    I want to change the world. I'm just to lazy to do it.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EZgoin76 wrote: »
    It surprised me because after November 2015, I had zero problems with ESO plus until last month when they said they had installed a new "fix" for the problem.

After their supposed "fix", the day my ESO plus was supposed to renew, it disappeared instead. No amount of clearing my cache, setting my ports, clearing my saved data, and a full reinstall "never doing that again", fixed anything. So I contacted MS to refund my money and then subscribed again.

This fixed my problem but I have yet to get this month's crowns. Shouldn't I have received 1500 crowns when I renewed my subscription?

I do like your idea @NewBlacksmurf but like a poster above pointed out. How do we keep from losing our benefits. Most I could live without except for the DLC's and the craft bag.

@EZgoin76

You should have received 1500 crowns.
    Well if either ESO plus was removed entirely the DLC would sit in the Xbox store for real money like any other game.
    If ZOS wanted to offer ESO plus it should be listed as an add-on to the game in the Xbox store. It's not that right now. 1500 crowns cost the same so why not just offer 30 days of ESO plus benefits per every 1500 crowns.

Solves everything honestly.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on July 23, 2016 12:35AM
  • EZgoin76
    EZgoin76
    ✭✭✭✭

@EZgoin76

Well if either ESO plus was removed entirely the DLC would sit in the Xbox store for real money like any other game.
    If ZOS wanted to offer ESO plus it should be listed as an add-on to the game in the Xbox store. It's not that right now. 1500 crowns cost the same so why not just offer 30 days of ESO plus benefits per every 1500 crowns.

True enough. It's not like taking 5 minutes every month to buy those crowns is gonna kill me. :smiley:
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@EZgoin76

True enough. It's not like taking 5 minutes every month to buy those crowns is gonna kill me. :smiley:

@EZgoin76

Well I think many of us would buy 3,000+ crowns at a time so it's 60+ days of the ESO plus instead of the issues today

• EZgoin76
    EZgoin76
    ✭✭✭✭

@EZgoin76

@EZgoin76

Well I think many of us would buy 3,000+ crowns at a time so it's 60+ days of the ESO plus instead of the issues today

Yes I would hope if they did switch to that method, they would start giving us more payment options.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_DaryaK

I decided to try ESO plus again on Xbox one after the update to the Xbox one store AND the game update.

Eventually ESO plus began working after restarting the console but I'm still not getting crowns so I'm opening a new ticket.

Just keeping this front and center as its still an issue and I know you haven't heard back on my suggestion.
  • gkitti7
    gkitti7
    ✭✭
    I haven't receive my crowns in almost 3 months
  • PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Gkitti7, you should submit a ticket for them now. They won't reimburse more than 3 months worth of crowns. Don't want to miss out on any permanently.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    @gkitti7, as PlaceboSoul suggested, you should submit a ticket to our support team so they can investigate this for you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post