Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Bind on Pickup crafted set

herbster
herbster
Soul Shriven
I have 9 traits researched with woodworking, and therefore appreciate the time and money involved in researching. With the introduction of higher material requirements for vr16 crafted items reducing the practicality of crafting and selling items on the open market, this has meant income potential being limited to crafting to order.

Considering the above, how does everyone feel about 9 trait Bind on Pickup crafted sets being made available. Assuming the sets are actually useful, they would not only give crafters a bit of recompense for the increase in material requirement (and loss of trading income), but also given the nerf to nirnhoned traits, give an incentive to research nirnhoned. I know most do it for the ability to craft 9 trait items, but there is definitely less incentive to research 9 traits now than there was before.

The sets could offer bonuses to the following:
Crafting - reduce the material requirements by 10%.
Refining - chance in double the materials refined.
Harvesting - chance to double the raw materials harvested.
Improvement - chance to reduce the number of Tannins, Resins or Tempers used.

Thoughts?

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which crafted sets are BoP, or have I misunderstood? I thought they were all BoE??
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Which crafted sets are BoP, or have I misunderstood? I thought they were all BoE??

He's suggesting they add BoP sets that provide special bonuses.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only issue with this would be it would only reinforce the idea that every character needs to have every craft max and be a crafter and combat character.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • herbster
    herbster
    Soul Shriven
    Turelus wrote: »
    My only issue with this would be it would only reinforce the idea that every character needs to have every craft max and be a crafter and combat character.

Not really as the set bonuses would only be for crafting related activities. If you don't want to craft then you don't really need the bonuses.