Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Jyggalag...

C0wrex
C0wrex
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys!

Do you think we'll be able to see Jyggalag in ESO? Really loved his story arc in the Shivering Isles and I was hoping if we could see him again in this game.

On a side note, does anyone have any idea why he still won't appear on the book The Book of the Deadra (Even though he got his full deadric prince status back?)
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't he just Sheogorath's original form and persona? And I think every 1,000 years or something like that Sheogorath turns back into Jyggalag for a day to restore order. Something along those lines.
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea, but I thought eso was set before oblivion, therefore he must still not be a full deadric prince? (I'm guessing, not huge into nirn lore and never played shivering isles so I honesty have no clue who you are referring to)
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea, but I thought eso was set before oblivion, therefore he must still not be a full deadric prince? (I'm guessing, not huge into nirn lore and never played shivering isles so I honesty have no clue who you are referring to)
    Jyggalag is the Daedric Prince of Order then one day the other princes got envious of him and then cursed him to become what he despises most thus creating sheogorath, at the end of every era the daedric prince of madness will turn into Jyggalag for a single day, this day is known throughout the Shivering Isles as the Greymarch.

Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on May 11, 2016 7:00AM
  • vicius1981
    vicius1981
    ✭✭✭
    Every days on PVP,take a campaign and can see he/it :)
    Ps4 EU-
    660 CP Magplar Vamp DC(main)
    660 CP Magblade Vamp EP(Master crafter)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jyggalag is the Daedric Prince of Order then one day the other princes got envious of him and then cursed him to become what he despises most thus creating sheogorath, at the end of every era the daedric prince of madness will turn into Jyggalag for a single day, this day is known throughout the Shivering Isles as the Greymarch.

Yup! :)

Pretty much sums up the reason for the Shivering Isles DLC in Oblivion.
    C0wrex wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Do you think we'll be able to see Jyggalag in ESO? Really loved his story arc in the Shivering Isles and I was hoping if we could see him again in this game.

There's pretty much no chance that ZOS will include a storyline leading up to us fighting Jyggalag in ESO. I would love to find one of those Order Swords one day as a unique drop though! (maybe from a new Dark Anchor boss drop)
    Edited by Vaoh on May 11, 2016 7:08AM
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vicius1981 wrote: »
    Every days on PVP,take a campaign and can see he/it :)
    Excuse me?
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The greymarch only happens at the end of each era, and the second era has a few centuries to go, you wont see him
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The greymarch only happens at the end of each era, and the second era has a few centuries to go, you wont see him
    I don't think a Shivering Isles "era" is the same length as a Tamrielic "era". Based on what you find out during the course of the ShIsles DLC, an era in that realm lasts 1000 years.

We're unlikely to see Jyggalag I think, as the only way he could be introduced is if they did a Greymarch, and that's been done already. (I'm still hoping for a Shivering Isles DLC though; there's a lot more things you could do there that don't involve the Greymarch.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eras aren't all the same length. I thought it was something to do with empires beginning and ending, I am a bit rusty on my ES lore though.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eras aren't all the same length. I thought it was something to do with empires beginning and ending, I am a bit rusty on my ES lore though.
    In Tamriel, sure. Tamrielic eras are dependent on Tamrielic empires. By why would a realm of Oblivion follow a Tamrielic era? It's reasonable to suppose that an era in Oblivion could be different from an era in Tamriel.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp